Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders (764 Views)

Pls How Can I Report This Stubborn Pastor PHOTOS / Who'll Bell The Cat On this unbelievable Corruption In Nigeria Police Commission / PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
Following the Presidential Executive order by Professor Osibanjo (See full text here http://ogaeconomist..co.uk/2017/06/full-text-of-executive-order-by-acting.html and here https://medium.com/@TheAsoVilla/acting-president-osinbajo-signs-executive-order-on-the-promotion-of-transparency-and-efficiency-in-55c626ce6cfa)

I went on the Nigerian Police website to search for cost of Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate (also known as: certificate of good conduct) - and their website says, fill this form, take it to a police station- it didnt state the fees or anything else. http://www.npf.gov.ng/character/index.php

Sounds like business as usual- fill this form, take it to the police station and pay what the oga-at-the-top demands.

if the police will not obey the President......

If the guardsman is not in the camp of the oga of the house, whose camp is he in? ......

Please Nigerians, if you have a means to raise hell until the directive is obeyed first by the police, then maybe we will be on the road to recovery. dont point fingers, do something-

Everyone, please tell Tuface, Charlieboy and Ben Murray-Bruce and all the other activist that this is worth fighting for- and this time around we have the backing of the President.

lets have a thousand people point it out, and lets have you guys who are internet savvy find these violations- lets have channels tv make an exclusive about it, lets force them to change.

now fighting corruption is in your hands.

I am doing my part, will you?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by Blue3k(m): 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for pointing out the failure of the Executive branch. My plan is to blast then on social media. The government is great at making rules but not enforcing them. Osinbajo showing himself to be a weak leader since he letting people openly flaunt his directives.

Make sure Osinbajo is tagged then pick the corresponding agency you have beef with. In your case NPF.

Tag them on twitter use #exuactivefail. 

@ProfOsinbajo
@FAAN_Official‎
‎@nigerianports
@PoliceNG

Ps: Mynd44 why is your spam bot not letting me post story about Edo potentially banning open grazing?
Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by omohayek: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
Blue3k:
Thanks for pointing out the failure of the Executive branch. My plan is to blast then on social media. The government is great at making rules but not enforcing them. Osinbajo showing himself to be a weak leader since he letting people openly flaunt his directives.

Make sure Osinbajo is tagged then pick the corresponding agency you have beef with. In your case NPF.

Tag them on twitter use #exuactivefail.

@ProfOsinbajo
@FAAN_Official‎
‎@nigerianports
@PoliceNG

Ps: Mynd44 why is your spam bot not letting me post story about Edo potentially banning open grazing?
The problem isn't with Osinbajo being "strong" or "weak", but the very idea that the way to prevent your underlings from being corrupt is to give them an order to stop being corrupt, or even to make threats about what you'll do to the corrupt ones you catch. This is the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal%E2%80%93agent_problem]Principal agent problem[/url] I keep talking about.

The reality is that Nigerian officials know quite well that the odds of any one of them being caught red-handed are very, very low, and even then, the likelihood is that they can either bribe the people catching them, or bribe the judges trying their cases (look at Saraki's example).

This is why I keep saying that the only real solution is to eliminate the possibility of corruption by eliminating the opportunities for it: sell off public facilities to experienced operators with solid reputations, abolish nonsensical rules and regulations, streamline and automate the ones that remain, and watch the scale of corruption reduce as if by magic, while freeing up funds from paying salaries to useless government employees, and providing more room for things that really matter (e.g. education and capital investment).

1 Like

Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by sonsomegrigbo: 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
I'm listening.. wetin dem take do you?

Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by Blue3k(m): 4:20am On Jun 22, 2017
omohayek:

The problem isn't with Osinbajo being "strong" or "weak", but the very idea that the way to prevent your underlings from being corrupt is to give them an order to stop being corrupt, or even to make threats about what you'll do to the corrupt ones you catch. This is the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principal%E2%80%93agent_problem]Principal agent problem[/url] I keep talking about.

The reality is that Nigerian officials know quite well that the odds of any one of them being caught red-handed are very, very low, and even then, the likelihood is that they can either bribe the people catching them, or bribe the judges trying their cases (look at Saraki's example).

This is why I keep saying that the only real solution is to eliminate the possibility of corruption by eliminating the opportunities for it: sell off public facilities to experienced operators with solid reputations, abolish nonsensical rules and regulations, streamline and automate the ones that remain, and watch the scale of corruption reduce as if by magic, while freeing up funds from paying salaries to useless government employees, and providing more room for things that really matter (e.g. education and capital investment).

I understand the dilemma. I also agree with deregulation and privatising these services. I do disagree with saying this doesn't show weakness. It's not just Osinbajo that sits alone watching these jokers. He has his personal staff that briefs him and updates him every morning.

Next the othere centralized states run pretty "effectively" and the millitary run that way. Boss at top sends down order they do it or they walk. I always argue he doesn't need to watch everyone but the bosses or these organizations. After you fire like 10 I can bet you the rest straighten out. Theirs always someone waiting to take your place.
Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by omohayek: 7:58am On Jun 22, 2017
Blue3k:

I understand the dilemma. I also agree with deregulation and privatising these services. I do disagree with saying this doesn't show weakness. It's not just Osinbajo that sits alone watching these jokers. He has his personal staff that briefs him and updates him every morning.

Next the othere centralized states run pretty "effectively" and the millitary run that way. Boss at top sends down order they do it or they walk. I always argue he doesn't need to watch everyone but the bosses or these organizations. After you fire like 10 I can bet you the rest straighten out. Theirs always someone waiting to take your place.
Firing lots of people at the top may work for a little while, but the effect never lasts: this is precisely the approach that was tried by Murtala Muhammed in 1975 and Buhari in 1983, and all they achieved in the long run was to weaken the civil service and parastatals, by needlessly throwing out highly qualified staff and paralyzing the rest with fear of doing something wrong. We are seeing the exact same effect in China today, where Xi Jinping is carrying out an "anti corruption" purge that has basically brought business to a halt through the fear it has created.

The only long-term solution to corruption must be systemic, and not requiring bouts of terror that leave no effect once they are over. If the ports were being run by the likes of the Singapore authority, and it was allowed to choose its own security outfit while excluding all "official" Nigerian public personnel, all the bribe-seeking by thieves in uniform would vanish overnight, and neither Osinbajo nor anyone else would have to go around firing people to get this effect.

1 Like

Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by grandstar(m): 12:10am On Jun 23, 2017
omohayek:

Firing lots of people at the top may work for a little while, but the effect never lasts: this is precisely the approach that was tried by Murtala Muhammed in 1975 and Buhari in 1983, and all they achieved in the long run was to weaken the civil service and parastatals, by needlessly throwing out highly qualified staff and paralyzing the rest with fear of doing something wrong. We are seeing the exact same effect in China today, where Xi Jinping is carrying out an "anti corruption" purge that has basically brought business to a halt through the fear it has created.

The only long-term solution to corruption must be systemic, and not requiring bouts of terror that leave no effect once they are over. If the ports were being run by the likes of the Singapore authority, and it was allowed to choose its own security outfit while excluding all "official" Nigerian public personnel, all the bribe-seeking by thieves in uniform would vanish overnight, and neither Osinbajo nor anyone else would have to go around firing people to get this effect.

Give this man a billion likes!
Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 23, 2017
Do you realise what it means if all govt parastatals adhere to this directive?
Probably half the standard corrupt practices are directly linked to the fact that you cant tell the actual cost and proceedures involved in getting anything from govt ofices.

How much is police report? How do you get it?
How much is afidavit? How do you get it?

Think of all the other ambigious charges and realise that this is where corruption is really at.

See am for capital letter
THIS IS CORRUPTION AND YOU CAN FIGHT IT WITH THE HELP OF THE PRESIDENTIAL ORDER. YOUR SILENCE IS ALL IT NEEDS TO CONTINUE HAPPENING
Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by odogwu190(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2017
To God Almighty
Re: To Who Can I Report The Nigerian Police Commission - Pls Help Nairalanders by Blue3k(m): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
shibiyu:

Do you realise what it means if all govt parastatals adhere to this directive?
Probably half the standard corrupt practices are directly linked to the fact that you cant tell the actual cost and proceedures involved in getting anything from govt ofices.

How much is police report? How do you get it?
How much is afidavit? How do you get it?

Think of all the other ambigious charges and realise that this is where corruption is really at.

See am for capital letter
THIS IS CORRUPTION AND YOU CAN FIGHT IT WITH THE HELP OF THE PRESIDENTIAL ORDER. YOUR SILENCE IS ALL IT NEEDS TO CONTINUE HAPPENING

Why should anyone have to pay to file a report. This isn't like a drivers license. Don't put taxes cover the ink and electricity anyway. Yes transparency is the banemail to curruption.

(1) (Reply)

See Email Sent By Nigerian Doctor, Hours Before His Fatal Rampage, Emerges / Two Armed Robbers Shot Dead During Gun Battle With Police In Kano (photos) / 200-level UNIABUJA Student Stabbed To Death By His Mother’s Rival (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.