Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True (2760 Views)

12 Amazing African Inventions That Changed The World / Facts That Would Blow your Mind- Picture Series / 15 Totally Strange Facts That Will Make You Feel Uneasy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by VargasVee(m): 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
1. A strawberry isn't a berry but a banana is.

2. Honey never spoils. A 3,000 year old honey is still consumable.

3. Everyone has a different tongue print just like the fingerprint.

4. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!

5. The human bones is about 5 times stronger than steel.

6. Crocodiles cannot move their tongues.

7. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head.

8. A cockroach will live for weeks without its head before it starves to death

9. Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.

10. Holding in a sneeze can kill you.

11. The bird in twitter logo has a name - Larry

12. The unluckiest type of phobia is the Panphopia: The fear of everything

cc: lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by ambitiousLord(m): 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
okay
Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:33am On Jun 22, 2017
Number 5 is a No no, use a hammer to hit a leg forcefully, it breaks!! Use the same hammer to hit a steel MORE forcefully, it dents!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by VargasVee(m): 2:10am On Jun 22, 2017
post=57735304:
Number 5 is a No no, use a hammer to hit a leg forcefully, it breaks!!
Use the same hammer to hit a steel MORE forcefully, it dents!

Steel is actually denser than bone hence the denting. Talking about strong, you need to put these in consideration.

1.The more you work on bones, the stronger they get unlike the steel, it gets weaker.

2.The bone has a crack-healing mechanism unlike steel

3. It is more flexible

Peace grin

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:29am On Jun 22, 2017
With the logic and perspective you brought into it, I concur with you, albeit its an ojoro way anyways!!
Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 22, 2017
Abeg, when Buhari dey come back....?
......na that time go good to change some Dollars..

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by ahza(m): 8:20am On Jun 22, 2017
Op Nice one, You trt

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Dface2: 8:24am On Jun 22, 2017
Download Project Topics and Materials for your Research Work!
@
www.projectreserve..com

Preparing to write your Final Year Project/Thesis and in need of the best project topics and materials at various levels (i.e Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D)?
Get it done with NO stress today.

Goto: www.projectreserve..com for downloads!
-----------------------------------------------
Are you also working on a FRESH Project Topic approved to you by your supervisor?
Or are you working on a project topic which is not listed or related to the topics we have on our site?
If "YES", then you have nothing to worry about as we are capable of developing a "NEW" research topic in various field of study.

Kindly click here: www.projectreserve..com.ng/p/hire-writer.html and follow the procedure to get started right away.

Contact our help desk today: 08074521866, 08066484965.
Our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/projectreserve

NOTE: All research projects, Research Term Papers and Essays on our site are well researched, supervised and approved by lecturers who are intellectuals in their various fields of study.
Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Larwin(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2017
okie

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Diamonddris(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2017
When last did you do it and where was it done?
A day ago? A week ago? A month ago?
Was it in the kitchen? Was it in the Dinning? Was it in the bedroom? Was it in ur palour?
Was it sweet? Ofcourse I knw it was sweet!
Did you beg for more? Ofcourse I know u did beg for more!
Was the taste different? Of which I know it was!

My people!
When last did you eat #INDOMIE_NOODLES?

Eat #INDOMIE today and taste the difference!

#INDOMIE_NOODLES! Taking care of Nigerians stomach infrastructure since 90's...

Tasty nutrition! Good for you!!!!!!!

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by babablogger: 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by yarimo(m): 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
EVILFOREST:
Abeg, when Buhari dey come back....?
......na that time go good to change some Dollars..

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by jnrremedy(m): 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
post=57735304:
Number 5 is a No no, use a hammer to hit a leg forcefully, it breaks!!
Use the same hammer to hit a steel MORE forcefully, it dents!

its totally right
wot u fail to consider in both scenarios is the thickness. if u hit a bone with the same thickness as the steel u hit the bone will not even have a dent( using the same force of course)

have u also heard that a spider web is stronger than a steel. ordinary using a lay man's thinking it looks plausible but in actual fact when u compare both materials with the same thickness side by side spider web will always comes out stronger
in fact spider web is one of the strongest natural carbon fibre

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Skinnienigga(m): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2017
I totally agree. I just finished building my house last month and i used spider web instead of steel bars to build it! The house is so strong ehn cos I used very thick spider web. Amazing things!

jnrremedy:

its totally right
wot u fail to consider in both scenarios is the thickness. if u hit a bone with the same thickness as the steel u hit the bone will not even have a dent( using the same force of course)

have u also heard that a spider web is stronger than a steel. ordinary using a lay man's thinking it looks plausible but in actual fact when u compare both materials with the same thickness side by side spider web will always comes out stronger
in fact spider web is one of the strongest natural carbon fibre

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by jnrremedy(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2017
Skinnienigga:
I totally agree. I just finished building my house last month and i used spider web instead of steel bars to build it! The house is so strong ehn cos I used very thick spider web. Amazing things!

understanding science requires an intelligent mind.
u will need more than a million spiders to spun the thickness of web u will need to actually build ur imaginary house

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Skinnienigga(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Oga, firstly I did graduate with a B.Sc so i fully understand what you mean by the strenght of the natural carbon fibre in a spider's web..no need to start forming lord of intelligent minds here. Secondly, relax a lil. Not every post here is meant to attack anybody, just try to get a small sense of humor. Finally, hope you know that not all spider webs are stronger than concrete sha?

jnrremedy:

understanding science requires an intelligent mind.
u will need more than a million spiders to spun the thickness of web u will need to actually build ur imaginary house
Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by jnrremedy(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2017
Skinnienigga:
Oga, firstly I did graduate with a B.Sc so i fully understand what you mean by the strenght of the natural carbon fibre in a spider's web..no need to start forming lord of intelligent minds here. Secondly, relax a lil. Not every post here is meant to attack anybody, just try to get a small sense of humor. Finally, hope you know that not all spider webs are stronger than concrete sha?

was only being sarcastic *smile*
sorry for the perceived offence
Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Skinnienigga(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
Lol. One love Brother!

jnrremedy:

was only being sarcastic *smile*
sorry for the perceived offence

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Onyenna(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
Huh!?

Re: 12 Amazing Facts That Are Unbelievably True by Mightyraw(m): 5:27am On Jun 24, 2017
VargasVee:

Steel is actually denser than bone hence the denting. Talking about strong, you need to put these in consideration.

1.The more you work on bones, the stronger they get unlike the steel, it gets weaker.

2.The bone has a crack-healing mechanism unlike steel

3. It is more flexible

Peace grin
cord working steel improves the hardness

(1) (Reply)

5 Popular Nigerian Scams That Will Fool You / University Of Agriculture Makurdi / Enter School In Nigeria Without Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.