Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Is The Meaning Of 666? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of 666? (21364 Views)

Laurie Idahosa Wants Her '666' Number Of Instagram Followers Changed (Photos) / My ATM Card's Security Code Is 666 / Revealed!!! Monster Energy Drink Is Satanic, Symbolic Of 666 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
Guruboi:

Who is this goat?

They are talking about 666 you driving side to other religion.

Thats how you people starting the religion bias. Nonsense!!
Before you insult me, go.into that link and read through patiently, if you remain a catholic afterwards, then you are irredeemable.

For your info, i was a Catholic, grew up there, now go and read.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
Lsofdk:
Desist from roping in other religious sect in your daft reasoning.
Thank you for calling it ' a sect' for that is what it is. Catholicism tries to be Christian, but no,
it's not.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by elderhimself(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
Why cant 666 be just an ordinary number.....which is SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX.?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by lepasharon(f): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Chukazu: 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
Xsem:

Shut the Bleep up Mrs. What is with you and Catholics? Why do you keep so much malice for a church doing the work of God. I think you are insane and can't accept the reality that Catholic,is the largest with over 3billion members while your Pentecost church is a made up of miniscule numbers of people. Do you even know the origin of Pentecostal churches? I pity you because most Christian religion are offshoot of the Catholic Church. Catholic Church is the most genuine and most organized religion ever. Just close your eyes and kiss the truth.

Most organized religion?
Who has ever been saved by religion?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
analice107:

This is a long read but worth it.

Hmmm, The Catholic Church.

DoctorAlien, with what i have read so far, the article seem to call Jesus a heretic for not adhering strictly to the Sabbath.

Secondly sir, There is the Spirit of the Antichrist which is manifested by the works and the operations of the Catholic Church, but i strongly believe that there's also the person of the Antichrist who will rule this world before Christ's Millennial reign.

The Catholic Church is an organization, a pedestal on which He (The person of the Antichrist) will stand on to execute his rule on earth.

It's like Moses and Jesus. Moses built the house, Jesus is the House.

Reading through this wonder-full words, it gives me tremendous Joy to see that Islam has no place in prophecy.

Islam is raging everywhere in the world, but it shall be crutched to nothingness. Only the Word of God shall stand.

Why do you people always put thinga between Christinity and Islam? Are other faiths null and void? Are the over 4 Billion Chinese and Indians not created by that same God. Religious folks really need to check their brains .

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Infoay: 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
666..... The way out is to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal savior. That is the way of escape from hell fire my dear ladies and gentlemen. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
FILEBE:
need you drag islam into this? U will be surprlsed.
Read the article nah and see for ya sef.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
tinobrace:

Seriously, ma I dont understand.
What don't you understand sir?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by VagileVictor(m): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
Read Revelation 13:1-18.

And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.
2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.
3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.
4 Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"
5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months.
6 He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven.
7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.
8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.
9 He who has an ear, let him hear.
10 If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.
11 Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.
12 He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
13 And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.
14 Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,
17 so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18 This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
Adek15:
and you wonder how Hitler, shekau and kanu were able to brainwash people...

Propaganda... the only senseless tool that makes sense to gullible and MYOPIC people
Okay.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by ZirdoRoray(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
While 666 is just a number, it's also Satan's number because it respresent the holy grail of immortality and also the solar chakra.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satan.html
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
So u guyz still believe that xtianity has not died
Has it died in your village? It's very much alive in mine.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
ollah1:

Why do you people always put thinga between Christinity and Islam? Are other faiths null and void? Are the over 4 Billion Chinese and Indians not created by that same God. Religious folks really need to check their brains .
You really need to leave the religious people alone if you not.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by gidjah(m): 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-CtJu-iCUv2M/U49n9qTpUHI/AAAAAAAAKz4/K2JLBxvnlD8/s1600/666.JPG[/img]

In the original text, John said it is a name, a number and a mark.

John was not sure what he saw in the vision.

So he wrote or rather scribbled down what he saw in his vision
can I get the links to this pls?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by gidjah(m): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
eye opening links we gat here please, ignorance is nonexcuse to Why any one should miss heaven , mark or no mark .
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by jcross19: 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
isalie:

Amateur. 8 or 0 is the number of immortality. That's why when you begin from 1 and gets to 9 you start all over. Everything starts and ends with 0.

@topic- brb

By the way I want you guys to know there's a way out of the apocalypse. Read the book of the supernatural tongue

Cripple Michael and Lucifer and there will be no apocalypse. If angels and demons want to fight a war, let them get their own planet, this one is ours. And I say they should get the hell off.

We want peace, freedom, long life and prosperity. Not the biblical paradise persay hehehe shocked
I don't argue with a novice if you want to prove sense please quote me from bible. In the bible you will see that everything in the bible talks about 3 and 7 these are number of God- the father, the son and holy spirit. The seven churches, seven spirits of God, seven candle sticks, seven light of God and God rested on the seventh day so bro. Show me where 8 and 9 is the number of the immortality. "9" is the foundation of all numbers greater than 9. Please I think you are the tyro here.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Caseless: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
analice107:

DoctorAlien, with what i have read so far, the article seem to call Jesus a heretic for not adhering strictly to the Sabbath.

Secondly sir, There is the Spirit of the Antichrist which is manifested by the works and the operations of the Catholic Church, but i strongly believe that there's also the person of the Antichrist who will rule this world before Christ's Millennial reign.

The Catholic Church is an organization, a pedestal on which He (The person of the Antichrist) will stand on to execute his rule on earth.

Reading through this wonder-full words, it gives me tremendous Joy to see that Islam has no place in prophecy.

Islam is raging everywhere in the world, but it shall be crutched to nothingness. Only the Word of God shall stand.
you're a blind and deluded kid. Lol!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Maximus85(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
jcross19:
666 is the number of a mortal man which is comprises man and woman. 66 stand for woman while the remain "6" stand for man and the "7" stand for the immortality beings. Let me give you a clue to what am trying to say please read the book of leviticus 12 vs 5 to 7 then you will understand. 666 is the condemnation of humanity and secondly stand for perfect sin.

You are wrong.

6 is a number of imperfection. 6 in three places just signifies serious imperfection. The number 7 stands for perfection. Remember how many times Jesus said your brother can offend you before you can get angry? 77 times 7 times. Which means you must always be ready to forgive.

Antichrist is not coming, they have been here even when Jesus Christ was here on earth. Anti is a prefix which means Against. So anyone against Jesus Christ and his people are Antichrists.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by femi4: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What is the meaning of 666? Is the number 666 a code that can be used to discover the identity of the beast/antichrist?
Its not a code. Its the number of names of the second beast or the name of the beast.

Rev 13:17

so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Omoluabi16(m): 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
Xsem:

I think you are insane and can't accept the reality that Catholic,is the largest with over 3billion members while your Pentecost church is a made up of miniscule numbers of people.
Wide is the way that leads to destruction, narrow is the way to eternal life,Uncle 3billion. Using your large numbers of members as one of the yardstick show how ignorant you are.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by GworoChewinMaga: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
Maximus85:

You are wrong.

6 is a number of imperfection. 6 in three places just signifies serious imperfection. The number 7 stands for perfection. Remember how many times Jesus said your brother can offend you before you can get angry? 77 times 7 times. Which means you must always be ready to forgive.

Antichrist is not coming, they have been here even when Jesus Christ was here on earth. Anti is a prefix which means Against. So anyone against Jesus Christ and his people are Antichrists.

google Muslim Jesus and the Imam Mahdi and you will see why virtually all muslims support ISIS
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by atm090: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
analice107:

. There is only one Church, the only one Holly Catholic (Universal) Church. The rest are known as fellowship. Don't be deceived

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Omoluabi16(m): 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by jcross19: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
Maximus85:

You are wrong.

6 is imperfection which is the number of mortal man while 7 is the perfection which stand for perfect beings which are immortal. I did not conclude on my own but this is there clean and clear in your bible.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
jcross19:
I don't argue with a novice if you want to prove sense please quote me from bible. In the bible you will see that everything in the bible talks about 3 and 7 these are number of God- the father, the son and holy spirit. The seven churches, seven spirits of God, seven candle sticks, seven light of God and God rested on the seventh day so bro. Show me where 8 and 9 is the number of the immortality. "9" is the foundation of all numbers greater than 9. Please I think you are the tyro here.

8 is a twisted 0 and it has no beginning point or ending. Even common sense tells you that. After God rested from creating on the 7 day what do you have next? 8 or 0 is the beginning and end of everything.

Children of nowadays sha always learning by tricks, no humility tongue

Check it out

0- 123456789 - 0
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by rosalieene(f): 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
analice107:

you were just so stupid to bring in the Catholic Church into this topic.
What in God's name did the Catholic Church do to you and ur cohorts.
Judge not!! You are not God.
you ve never been to Catholic Church but yet you criticize it.
You should be bothered about making heaven when you die and not criticizing the Catholic faithfuls!!!!

*modified *

I just went through your posts and observed that you are a psychopath.
You're mentally deluded that's why you go about criticizing Muslims and Catholic.
I will pray for you to receive healing.
goodbye

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by rosalieene(f): 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
analice107:

Okay son. Hold unto the multitudes in Catholic Church and wait for Christ to return.

I know you didn't read that article.
who wrote the article?
mere mortal man like you, so why should it be taken seriously.

#haters

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Philadelphia: 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ngo40:

I'm co-signing on the above mentioned answer.....

CC: Sonofthunder

Signed too

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by jcross19: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
isalie:

8 is a twisted 0 and it has no beginning point or ending. Even common sense tells you that. After God rested from creating on the 7 day what do you have next? 8 or 0 is the beginning and end of everything.

Children of nowadays sha always learning by tricks, no humility tongue
hmmm well I don't have anything to say! Go and read your bible . How many colours are there in rainbow sir? When the light pass through triangular prism it split to seven colours. God is light in HIM is seven powers or spirits that made him up. The number of immortal is 7 while mortal man is 6 . We have 9 ladder of heavenly hierarchy so what do you know ?.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Lsofdk(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
analice107:

Thank you for call it ' a sect' for that is what it is. Catholicism tries to be Christian, but o
it's not.
"Religious sect" I said… comprehend?

If you think I'm here to debate which church is Christian and which is not then you're in for lonely depressing walk. The earlier you realize the church you attend, their practices won't guarantee you heaven the better for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Earth Is Hot Like This, How Will Hell Be? / Do Dreams Really Matter? / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.