Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,202 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

What Is The Meaning Of 666? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of 666? (21281 Views)

Laurie Idahosa Wants Her '666' Number Of Instagram Followers Changed (Photos) / My ATM Card's Security Code Is 666 / Revealed!!! Monster Energy Drink Is Satanic, Symbolic Of 666 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by donspero(m): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2017
analice107:

Brother, in life, we stand for different things. We may be in the same household of faith doesn't mean we are after the same things.

I for one, am an eschatological Student. The present doesn't impress on me as much as the future does. Am a Prophecy follower so i read that article differently from the perspective you may have read it. What I saw in it, am sure you didn't see.

You forget the Bible says don't Judge people not systems. The Catholic Church is not a person, it's a system. And, I find it and all it's activities prophesied in the scriptures.

Am very sure brother, that you didn't quite read that article except you don't believe the Word of God. because if you do, you'd feel sorry for your brethren who trapped in error there.

Besides, Satan is standing so strongly on "Don't Judge" to keep people comfortable in error, as long as no one pricks them. I promise to do my best to warn men to flee from the wiles of Satan.

The Same Bible says, if you find your brother in error and you warn him not, if he dies in that error, his blood shall be required from you.
Do you, my brother remember this verse of the Bible too?

Thousands and thousands are passing on to eternal life in Hell, and you sit comfortably rebuking the one who will dare to expose the lies of satan?

We have a duty to turn men to righteousness, not leave them in darkness of their sin.

Again, i say, Catholicism is the seat of Satan, and he has many with him.

Satan tried to weaken the Church from without, he failed, he stealthily came in within hoping he would.

But if Christ hasn't said "The gates of hell shall not prevailed against the Church", i would been concerned.

God bless you brother, preach the gospel and condemn evil/error.
and who made you judge? so in other words your perfect? so even when christ said he without sin should cast the first stone he was wrong? we can never stand for the same thing, and please for saying Satan stand strong with" Don't Judge" and instruction pass by CHRIST himself makes us very different and please don't miss quote the bible, yes we can never see things the same way, I don't let hate of a "SYSTEM" cloud my Judgement and move out of the perception of LOVE. Again another instruction of Christ. He who preach in my name cast him not away. I don't know what spirit leads you when you read or what gives you the ryt to judge anybody's "System" oh wait there's also a name for pple like you in the bible Pharisees. Please again ignore her Christ is Love no matter any place his is been prophecies as the SON Of GOD. asides that you can nvr win a soul for Christ by play hate game or assigning blame we have God for that, you can nvr judge anybody by the church they attend, it wouldn't take you to heaven, I mean the church you attend but your good deed in Christ, which is centred in love

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by johnw74: 8:04am On Jun 27, 2017
Rev 13:16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 
Rev 13:17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 
Rev 13:18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Verse 18 tells us that the number of the beast is the number of a man,
so this beast is a man, not mankind or a particular goverment etc., but a man.
To count the number of the beast is to add up the numbers of the lettere in his name,
for instance: a=1, b=2, c=3, and so on, however that is one system of adding, there could be many
for instance: a=6, b=12, c=18 etc.

There is a choice whether to have a mark on your forehead or hand,
or to have his name on your forehead or hand,
or to have the number of his name on your forehead or hand

Example: if it had being adolf hitler, you could have had,
the mark of the beast(the swastika) tattoed on your forehead or hand,
or you could have had adolf hitler tattoed on your forehead or hand,
or you could have had the number of his name(666) tattoed on your forehead or hand,

I don't know if hitlers name adds up to six hundred and sixty six,
that's just an example.

another example:

Number of the name of the Beast=six hundred and sixty six, 666

With this system of adding the number of a name, each letter rises by the value of 6: a=6, b=12, c=18, etc.

A=6, B=12, C=18, D=24, E=30, F=36, G=42, H=48, I=54, J=60, K=66,
L=72, M=78, N=84, O=90, P=96, Q=102, R=108, S=114, T=120, U=126, V=132,
W=138, X=144, Y=150, Z=156

Recep Erdogan:

Add

R=108
e= 30
c= 18
e= 30
p= 96

E= 30
r=108
d= 24
o= 90
g= 42
a= 6
n= 84

=666
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2017
donspero:
and who made you judge? so in other words your perfect? so even when christ said he without sin should cast the first stone he was wrong? we can never stand for the same thing, and please for saying Satan stand strong with" Don't Judge" and instruction pass by CHRIST himself makes us very different and please don't miss quote the bible, yes we can never see things the same way, I don't let hate of a "SYSTEM" cloud my Judgement and move out of the perception of LOVE. Again another instruction of Christ. He who preach in my name cast him not away. I don't know what spirit leads you when you read or what gives you the ryt to judge anybody's "System" oh wait there's also a name for pple like you in the bible Pharisees. Please again ignore her Christ is Love no matter any place his is been prophecies as the SON Of GOD. asides that you can nvr win a soul for Christ by play hate game or assigning blame we have God for that, you can nvr judge anybody by the church they attend, it wouldn't take you to heaven, I mean the church you attend but your good deed in Christ, which is centred in love
lol. You are still quoting scriptures out of context. Anyways, good luck.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 8:14am On Jun 27, 2017
AnanseK:

Why are you so ignorant? grin
When you woke up this morning, didn't you use water to wash your face nose and ears? Why did you do that?

Which leg do you first enters into your toilet with?

Which hand do you use in cleaning your behind when you poo? Do you do these things without knowing why you do them?

Do you want a lesson in Islam?

Do you know what superstition is?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by johnw74: 8:17am On Jun 27, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Certain Ancient Alphabets were also used as Numerals, therefore words could have numerical value this was called GEMETRIA.

The Latin Numerals were as follows:
. REVELATION 13:18.

18. Here is Wisdom.
Let him that hath Understanding count
the Number of the Beast:
for it is the number of a man;
and his number is
Six hundred threescore and six.

All the Roman Numerals of the time added up to 666.

ƆCIC = 1,000 (The first "C" was written backwards.)
D = 500
C = 100
L = 50
X = 10
V = 5
I = I

D + C + L + X + V + I = 500 + 100 + 50 + 10 + 5 + 1 = 666.

Therefore "THE BEAST" would cone from ROME.

The beast might come from Rome for all I know,
but 666 is the number of the beast's name,
not the number of the name of a city.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 8:18am On Jun 27, 2017
gsmphoneseller:

Yes!!!!!!!! Over 3billion souls going to Hell without trial.....
And, when you try to warn them, they rise up against you.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2017
donspero:
wat is Christianity? followers of Christ. What did Christ come to teach LOVE. and he said if he preaches in my name don't cast him out, stop pouring hate, this is devlish. See so much hate in one article of yours, you have even done God's work Judging.
wen would we learn as Christians? we don't Judge, but proclaim love, this is wat got Christ killed. please as a full Pentecostal brother(winners) and as somebody that read the article, i apologize for this share ignorance, i ask we look beyond doctrine and focus on winning souls for Christ by showing and preaching love. also please ask for the guidance of the holy spirit b4 you read anytn, written by MAN. thanks
Stop talking about Love because you obviously do not know what it is. It was love which made Christ lay down his life to turn us away from sin and death. Love, not error.

You can not claim you love someone while you watch him ignorantly walk into his death, because you don't want to be called names.

There's no greater love you can express, than to preach the gospel of righteousness to a lost soul. You may think you have made any sense, but you haven't.

Are you sure you are saved or you are just in church? If you are indeed saved, you'll yurn with everything in you to let another person hear the gospel of salvation.

Again, i say to you, Jesus never said we shd look away from error, but to rebuke it. He never said we shouldn't judge systems, but people. again, the Catholic church is not a person, it's a system put in place to replace Christ.

If you were in the days of Jesus, you'd have called Him fake for calling the Pharisees 'Sons of snakes', and Children of the devil.

If you had watched Jesus making a cord and whipping people who were doing rubbish in church, you'd ve said "Don't judge Jesus".

If you had watched Jesus calling the Syrophonician woman 'A dog', you'd ve definitely said to Him, " Thou shall not judge Jesus" won't you?

I don't care what you call me, the truth is there for everyone to see. Do you even know what idol worship is?

Do you also know that the Catholic Church has removed the second commandment which warns against idol worship and replace it by breaking the number 10 Commandment into 2?

On whose side are you on? Man or God?

Salvation is found in no other, but in Christ, anyone or a group of persons who preaches other wise, should be called out.

I will shout it out again without any fear of castigation, The Catholic Church is a seat of Satan.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 8:54am On Jun 27, 2017
Maximus85:

The mark of the beast is the mark of imperfection. Today, people without it find it hard to succeed because, they don't want to be corrupt. But people with the mark are criminals who can do anything to make money. Remember, the number is a human number. Humans are imperfect, 666 means imperfection. The wise can descern the number.
But the Mark hasn't been in operation yet nah. I think what it is, is that, the Seed of satan are those succeeding while making it difficult for the Seed of Christ to succeed except they compromise.

The Mark won't be operational until the third quarter of the reign of the Antichrist.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2017
ifenes:
666 is a reference to the Roman Emperor Nero

I agree!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by orisa37: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
The Bible says, "Let he who has understanding compute the number of the Beast and it is 666"!
The next is to decode 666. Life is God. God is Understanding. To get any of God, Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding, The Bible instructs us to pray.
I started praying for Understanding. At a point, the spirit asked me to stop and write down, The Selfish=Corrupt=Man is wicked. And apply the Arithmatic Base on which WS compounded the KJV.
I did and arrived at, The Selfish(666), Corrupt(666), Man is wicked(666). Christ speaks to His Friends By Divine Inspiration.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by AnanseK(m): 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
analice107:

When you woke up this morning, didn't you use water to wash your face nose and ears? Why did you do that?
Which leg do you first enters into your toilet with?
Which hand do you use in cleaning your behind when you poo? Do you do these things without knowing why you do them?
Do you want a lesson in Islam?
Do you know what superstition is?

When you prefer to be dirty, cleaning your face becomes a superstition. Of course the Europeans in the Middle Ages believed contact with water is brings evil spirits and some never washed with water or took a bath. Washing your hands and face is hygiene please be hygienic.
Poo is full of bacteria and poor toilet habits encourage self infection ( hand to mouth) . There are many preventive measures. One preventive measure was to reserve one hand ( left) for toilet and the other ( right ) for eating. Of course frequent hand washing is now seriously encouraged by WHO and all member nations. Islam enjoined it since 14 centuries ago. As time goes your grand children will discover the wisdom of left foot first into toilet. Please don't remain ignorant.

Please remember that Global Hand Washing Day is the 15th October of every year, just to encourage the habit.( not a superstition and not a Muslim ritual this time). Please wash your face as well and include your nose and ears even before the WHO starts encouraging it. It's good to wash.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Maximus85(m): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
analice107:

But the Mark hasn't been in operation yet nah. I think what it is, is that, the Seed of satan are those succeeding while making it difficult for the Seed of Christ to succeed except they compromise.

The Mark won't be operational until the third quarter of the reign of the Antichrist.

Back this up with the Bible Pls.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Maximus85:

The person of the Antichrist hasn't been revealed yet. The Church/the Holy Spirit is still here, and until we leave, he can not show his face.

2 Thessalonians:2: 3-4.
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2 Thessalonians:2:6

Which Day is the Apostle Paul talking about there?

The Day of Rapture,

who is the Son of perdition? The Person of the Antichrist.

Who is restraining him from revealing himself? The Holy Spirit.

How can the Mark be in operation when the Rapture hasn't taken place?

The reason for the mark, is to force men to swear allegiance to satan.

The society shall completely be cashless, this is the only way they can hold everyone bound.

Are we completely Cashless? No.

Aren't we buying and selling now? Yes we are.

This is how long the Antichrist shall reign;

Daniel:9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

His first 3years shall be peaceful and many will fall into his trap and willingly take the mark by this time.

Daniel:8:25
And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

To understand the prophecy in Dan. 9:27, pls read this article.
http://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/53/t/the-beast--the-dragon-and-the-woman.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by johnw74: 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
ifenes:
666 is a reference to the Roman Emperor Nero

The Roman Emperor Nero lived a couple of thousand years ago,
can he be thrown into the Lake of fire at Jesus second coming?

(Rev 19:19)  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

(Rev 19:20)  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by donspero(m): 10:01am On Jun 28, 2017
analice107:

Stop talking about Love because you obviously do not know what it is. It was love which made Christ lay down his life to turn us away from sin and death. Love, not error.

You can not claim you love someone while you watch him ignorantly walk into his death, because you don't want to be called names.

There's no greater love you can express, than to preach the gospel of righteousness to a lost soul. You may think you have made any sense, but you haven't.

Are you sure you are saved or you are just in church? If you are indeed saved, you'll yurn with everything in you to let another person hear the gospel of salvation.

Again, i say to you, Jesus never said we shd look away from error, but to rebuke it. He never said we shouldn't judge systems, but people. again, the Catholic church is not a person, it's a system put in place to replace Christ.

If you were in the days of Jesus, you'd have called Him fake for calling the Pharisees 'Sons of snakes', and Children of the devil.

If you had watched Jesus making a cord and whipping people who were doing rubbish in church, you'd ve said "Don't judge Jesus".

If you had watched Jesus calling the Syrophonician woman 'A dog', you'd ve definitely said to Him, " Thou shall not judge Jesus" won't you?

I don't care what you call me, the truth is there for everyone to see. Do you even know what idol worship is?

Do you also know that the Catholic Church has removed the second commandment which warns against idol worship and replace it by breaking the number 10 Commandment into 2?

On whose side are you on? Man or God?

Salvation is found in no other, but in Christ, anyone or a group of persons who preaches other wise, should be called out.

I will shout it out again without any fear of castigation, The Catholic Church is a seat of Satan.
lol and she says i read out of contest, Please Christ nvr used dog on a woman go and readed your bible, also read Jude while your at it and if you don't have a change of heart, then slp well with your hate, after all Christ said we should dust our legs off and move ahead for those that don't accept him. And let's wait to the last day and tell who is saved or not, i myt not be you myt not be Godforbid, With this i let you be you obvious hate a system so much with anger and dispear, that you have both judged and condemned it.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
johnw74:

The Roman Emperor Nero lived a couple of thousand years ago,
can he be thrown into the Lake of fire at Jesus second coming?

(Rev 19:19)  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

(Rev 19:20)  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

At the time of the Apostles, Jesus' much vaunted second coming was expected to occur within most of their lifetimes, indeed Paul deemed it so.

The tyrannous Nero was Emperor from 54CE to 68CE, and therefore contemporaneous to early Christianity, his tutor at a young age was none other than the famous philosopher and dramatist Lucius Senecca.

Suetonius and Tacitus both imply that the great Roman fire of 64 was instigated by Nero to clear the way for his planned palatial complex. Tacitus tells us that the Christians confessed to the deed, (probably under torture) Nero was said to have seized Christians as scapegoats for the fire and burned them alive out of sheer cruelty.

Tertullian (c. 155–230) described Nero as the first persecutor of Christians.

Eusebius stated that Nero’s persecution led to the death of Paul, who, according to Josephus had tried to help the Romans put down the Jewish revolt of 66CE which ultimately was resolved by Vespasian.

Augustine of Hippo mentioned that early Christians believed that Nero was the Antichrist or would return as the Antichrist.

Lactantius stated that Nero "suddenly disappeared, and even the burial place of that noxious wild beast was nowhere to be seen”

The 2nd century Sibylline Oracles, refer to the return of Nero to wreak havoc and destruction on the Christian communities.

666 is in fact a code for Nero.

As for the false prophet of Rev 19:20, we can find the answer in the Qumran writings, where we have talk of the righteous teacher and the wicked priest. The question is, who is the one, close to Rome and Nero, who claimed to perform miracles and was opposed to the aforementioned righteous teacher?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by orisa37: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
AnanseK:

When you prefer to be dirty, cleaning your face becomes a superstition. Of course the Europeans in the Middle Ages believed contact with water is brings evil spirits and some never washed with water or took a bath. Washing your hands and face is hygiene please be hygienic.
Poo is full of bacteria and poor toilet habits encourage self infection ( hand to mouth) . There are many preventive measures. One preventive measure was to reserve one hand ( left) for toilet and the other ( right ) for eating. Of course frequent hand washing is now seriously encouraged by WHO and all member nations. Islam enjoined it since 14 centuries ago. As time goes your grand children will discover the wisdom of left foot first into toilet. Please don't remain ignorant.

Please remember that Global Hand Washing Day is the 15th October of every year, just to encourage the habit.( not a superstition and not a Muslim ritual this time). Please wash your face as well and include your nose and ears even before the WHO starts encouraging it. It's good to wash.

Only God is Good. God is Instruction and Directives.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by orisa37: 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
Maximus85:

The Bible is the Plan and Control Blue Print for human application.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by orisa37: 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
Just explaining the nature of Selfishness in Humans.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by analice107: 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
donspero:
lol and she says i read out of contest, Please Christ nvr used dog on a woman go and readed your bible, also read Jude while your at it and if you don't have a change of heart, then slp well with your hate, after all Christ said we should dust our legs off and move ahead for those that don't accept him. And let's wait to the last day and tell who is saved or not, i myt not be you myt not be Godforbid, With this i let you be you obvious hate a system so much with anger and dispear, that you have both judged and condemned it.
lol. Guy, go get saved. If you'll wait until judgement day to know if you are saved, then leave Living Faith and go back to Catholic Church. We need disciples not multitude.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What is the meaning of 666? Is the number 666 a code that can be used to discover the identity of the beast/antichrist?

Check this out:

https://carm.org/what-does-666-mean
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by erifoski(m): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2018
The number of a man. Rev 13
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
Peejoeee:

666 in Arabic means Allah. Allah is the antichrist. Everything about Allah is to hate Christianity

http://www.1913intel.com/2012/08/20/going-from-greek-666-to-in-the-name-of-allah-2/

That happens to be true. shocked

Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Babacele: 8:44am On Apr 11, 2018
who created the Devil?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 666? by Maamin(m): 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
Following carefully...interesting grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does The Devil Look Like? / Thread For Shiloh 2017 "A New Dawn" / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Feeds Members With Rice And Worm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.