Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? (752 Views)

At What Age Did Your Parents Stop Flogging You? / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by LeoFish92(m): 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
As a Rev minister, Apart from instilling the fear of God in us, Dad also raised the 6 of us with iron fist ( fist of fury is another apt description )

We grew up fearing and trembling at his words, hell, back then, our joy was usually boundless anytime he travels,

W ell our first son was first to break from that yoke when he rented his own apartment, the 3 following ladies now have families of their own,

My immediate elder bro is somewhere doing his masters, yours sincerely is the last born, just finished my youth service and at 24 I noticed I'm beginning to lose that fear factor I had for him (folks don't get me wrong, I still have an infinite amount of respect for my old man )

Some weeks back, after returning from Nysc, I went to see my Bae (oh how I missed that damsel )....
Things got very interesting and I lost track of time, by 10:30 pm, Dad's threatening message jolted me back to reality '''wherever u are, don't bother coming back, else you'll sleep outside''',

In the old dispensation, I would have crapped in my pants out of fear, but not now, I bade my girl farewell, took a bike and headed home ready to take the bull by the horn, came home, clenched my fist And tightened my knuckles, knocked hard on the door, he came out and threatened thunder and brimstone, I was tempted to bark back, but I remembered the biblical injunction that a soft response turns away wrath, I employed that tactics and we had a truce,

By December, I'll go rent my own place and take on the challenges of life, but in the meantime, I can say now that I enjoy my dad more than I ever could imagine, he's much more caring now, sees me as a grown up, and now less domineering, I guess Age is catching up with him

Anytime his fury erupts like a molten magma, it's only mum that scurries to safety ( poor woman, she has to put up with that for the rest of the marriage, after 39 years of marriage, she's used to it sha!!

Mum is the exact opposite of dad, too soft, too submissive, I'll build an estate for that woman!

well they love themselves with their imperfections)

So, sons and daughters of strict Nigerian dads, at what age did u stop ''fearing'' your dad - or should I say, - did u start defying his orders,

Teenagers in the house, do u still tremble when daddy bares his fangs?

Lalisticlala let's shove this to the front page

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by poshestmina(f): 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
When I became independent grin grin ,that man seized my allowance more than he gave me so I had to remain humble till I graduated and got a job.

I miss my dad though! He's old now ,no more actions! embarassed
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by RoyalBlak007: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ion even like talking bôut him undecided cheesy

→↓
"I hüng åröund with the thûg$"

"Åñd even thöúgh théy sòld drûg$"

"the¥ showéd ã ¥öúng brúdãh löv€"

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by Homeboiy: 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
Fear him for what

Is he Evans?

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by toygod2: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
Maybe at age 22 when i refused kpatakpata say i no dey do one assignment wey e give me. For my mind, i still dey fear smallsmall ooo. Lol ;DTwas a thug of war that night oo, neighbors had to intervene. Can't really remember.
And not totally tho, cos even till now, i still dey fear him o.
I no dey overstep my bounds, cos d man dey very aggressive like Hippo........
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
By age 6 the year he died, kinda a relief to some point.
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by pressplay411(m): 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lmao he said Fearing. Lmaoooo OP how old are you?

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 22, 2017
how do u mean fearing?
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by Welcomme: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Through out my dad's lifetime he beat me just once. The man is so gentle that he doesn't even shout on us. But my mum is the opposite. We dey fear that woman for Africa. She can beat ehnnn...But she stopped beating me when I entered S.s.1.
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by lilytender: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
LeoFish92:

As a Rev minister, Apart from instilling the fear of God in us, Dad also raised the 6 of us with iron fist ( fist of fury is another apt description )

We grew up fearing and trembling at his words, hell, back then, our joy was usually boundless anytime he travels,

Mum is the exact opposite of dad, too soft, too submissive, I'll build an estate for that woman!

A man works his ass out for several years trying to provide security and comfort for his family. Anytime he buys a shirt for himself, he makes sure he buys at least 5 each for each of his children and his wife. He uses Tecno W1 phone but buys iPhone 7 and Samsung 8+ for his children and wife. He gives strong instructions to his family so that his family will not go astray and his children grow up to be responsible citizens. What does the man gets in return? Scorn and hatred from children and wife he laboured day and night to train just because he instilled discipline in his family. God will judge all you women out there that made your children see their father as devil. As for me, I love my mother a lot but I love my father even more.
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by johnsmitthen: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
My dad is so calm that sometimes when I feel stressed or burdened, He always tries to make me happy. I am so lucky to have him that in any situation I always gets support of him.
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by LeoFish92(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
lilytender:

A man works his ass out for several years trying to provide security and comfort for his family. Anytime he buys a shirt for himself, he makes sure he buys at least 5 each for each of his children and his wife. He uses Tecno W1 phone but buys iPhone 7 and Samsung 8+ for his children and wife. He gives strong instructions to his family so that his family will not go astray and his children grow up to be responsible citizens. What does the man gets in return? Scorn and hatred from children and wife he laboured day and night to train just because he instilled discipline in his family. God will judge all you women out there that made your children see their father as devil. As for me, I love my mother a lot but I love my father even more.

I guess u missed the part where I said have an infinite amount of respect for my old man,

Even the bolded also includes too submissive , who do u think she submitted to? We the kids?

What I highlighted about my mum is her personality, and she in no way raised us to rebel, .. .... , well different stroke for different folks In different families
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by Ezionye(f): 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
lilytender:

Totally off point

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by joyAA(f): 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
Age 19.
The man just loves to intimidate people, I was just depressed ,sad and tired that day when I got hom . Then he started accusing me of some foolish domestic thing that he well knows I never did but was using me to shine in front of the people there, was just fed up and I simply told him it wasn't me. That was it oooooo, worldwar3-5 started that day. He started yelling and I just stood there looking straight in his eye , I repeated that I didn't do it, next thing was slapsssssssss, I didn't move an inch still, in my mind I just said "if this is where I die, no problem"
I think he saw it in my eyes. I was never the type to reply even my older one not to talk of my father, even when I did no wrong so this was different for my Dad, and upon all the slapping I didn't shed one tear.I just kept staring at him until his girlfriend came to drag me away
That was the last time he ever raised his hand or voice at me.
That was the last day I lost all fear and respect for him.
I just regard him now simply because he donated the winning sperm and he tried to raise me right
embarassed undecided
Glad those days are over smiley
Re: At What Age Did U Stop Fearing Your Dad? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Lol i stopped fearing him at age 15, when i started travelling on my own from delta to lag, lag to abuja, every holidays..
I was like, you can't stop my movement now, I'm a big boy and you can't keep telling an elder to travel with me..
Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Cute And Adorable Pictures / The Boy Tied To Window By Father Discharged From Hospital, Parents Re-arrested / Father, Mother And Son Who Died After Eating Ugba Set To Be Buried The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.