Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This - Phone/Internet Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This (36862 Views)

After Reading This, You Will Not Wait For Cheat To Browse Free In 2016 Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Iamtwenty4(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2017
Catalyst001:
who know the current price of UK used phone as at now
Techno tabs and infinix phones.... thanks in anticipation
You can't get U.K. Used techno or infinix phones because they are not used in the U.K., only iPhone, Samsung, htc and blackberry.

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by wengerman: 10:26am On Jun 22, 2017
Catalyst001:
who know the current price of UK used phone as at now
Techno tabs and infinix phones.... thanks in anticipation
anybody that sells techno UK used is a liar. It is Nigeria used or stolen Tecno and infinix is owned by the owner of slot. So u can't find them in UK. So be careful though I Stand to be corrected

2 Likes

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Iamtwenty4(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2017
winkmart:
i font want to believe all you have just stated. Though i dont advise people to go for second hand phones. Just go for direct UK used. In fact i have been making so much money buying and selling UK used. I buy at a very cheap price from wholesalers in Lagos and sell at my state. It is a means of earning extra income.

Check my signature for the report
Come buy from me at affordable prices, I sell at wholesale prices, my office is in ikeja, call me on 07068831978

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Iamtwenty4(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2017
richfriendsng:
bro, where in lagos do u buy phones at cheaper rate, I live in the east and I want to switch to that business pls help me with the location, I need to enter full time into business after getting an ebook from uknownforce on nairaland on some business ethics and success ebook
Call me on 07968831978, I sell phones at wholesale price and you can resell anywhere

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Iamtwenty4(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2017
daneni1:

Bro how far, pls link me up to any reliable shop I can get a good UK used fone at Ikeja
Morning bro, my office is in ikeja, call me on 07068831978 and I can sell to you at wholsesale price.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Iamtwenty4(m): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2017
wengerman:
anybody that sells techno UK used is a liar. It is Nigeria used or stolen Tecno and infinix is owned by the owner of slot. So u can't find them in UK. So be careful though I Stand to be corrected
My brother you are absolutely correct.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by richfriendsng: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamtwenty4:

Call me on 07968831978, I sell phones at wholesale price and you can resell anywhere
Thanks
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by thompson1510(m): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2017
micolaj:
I have a reliable supplier of used phones in computer village. Any used phone you buy from them comes with 14 days warranty. If you don't mind, I can give you the office address and website.

To me, 14days warranty is too small but there's no harm in trying. You can drop the contact bro.

Thanks alot
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by thompson1510(m): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamtwenty4:

Bro, the price I am seeing on your profile aren't wholesale prices. Would have loved if they were lower than that.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2017
baba4thegehs:
You try. But how can I spend 250k on an high end smartphone when I can get a UK used for 50-100k ? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Even the new phone you bought today will one day become used. Regardless of the flaws which you said is peculiar to used phones, the used phones market in Nigeria will still represent a larger proportion of the market more than new.

Anyways everyones buying decision is guided by a few important factors outside just being bothered about warranty and free gifts.

UK used phones comes with receipt
Some UK used phones comes with warranty if you buy from a reliable seller at Ikeja
90% of used phones rarely develop faults.

I have never bought a brand new phone and I have never spent a huge chunk of money to fix a used phone. I am very meticulous when buying on that regard it is rare for me make mistakes.

Cased Closed.

Let m give you a good example in middle east especially Saudi ,Dubai, when you buy second hand its practically new as those kids don't use phone for a year some a month,or 3maybe 6 .....its a class thing for them to change and acquire a new one .sometimes they even drop every single thing even the free bies

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by daneni1(m): 10:39am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamtwenty4:

Morning bro, my office is in ikeja, call me on 07068831978 and I can sell to you at wholsesale price.

Thank you, I will get in touch with u wen I am ready.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Iamtwenty4(m): 10:51am On Jun 22, 2017
thompson1510:

Bro, the price I am seeing on your profile aren't wholesale prices. Would have loved if they were lower than that.
Depends on what you want, when you ready call or come to the office and we call negotiate.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by solid3(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2017
baba4thegehs:
You try. But how can I spend 250k on an high end smartphone when I can get a UK used for 50-100k ? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Even the new phone you bought today will one day become used. Regardless of the flaws which you said is peculiar to used phones, the used phones market in Nigeria will still represent a larger proportion of the market more than new.

Anyways everyones buying decision is guided by a few important factors outside just being bothered about warranty and free gifts.

UK used phones comes with receipt
Some UK used phones comes with warranty if you buy from a reliable seller at Ikeja
90% of used phones rarely develop faults.

I have never bought a brand new phone and I have never spent a huge chunk of money to fix a used phone. I am very meticulous when buying on that regard it is rare for me make mistakes.

Cased Closed.

Guy, why don't you open a thread on how to buy used phones without regrets? Seems you so experienced.

2 Likes

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by aoshea18: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2017
I like phones and sell mine off every 3 months...with the original pack, accessories and receipt! The longest I've used a phone is this note 3 infinix and that's cos am waiting for note 4. When note 4 comes out, I'd sell this note 3 on olx...without issues. Am not an infinix fan but I found it to be very reliable.

uncleck:
somebody can hardly sell his phone that has no issue at all. Battery is the reason why many people sell theirs. Believe me, there is no such thing as original battery in the market for replacement.

speaking from experience, fairly used phones are more costly than new ones in the long run.

modified
In addition, all the UK used bla bla bla na wash! 85% are stolen phones. 85%of the stolen phones are Nigerian stolen while 15% are UK stolen.

Is there anyone here whose phone has never been stolen before? Did the thieves eat them? They are the UK used you buy

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by adetayo234: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2017
olumaxi:
Infact...people shld say no to second hand things...

My second hand laptop is still as rugged as ever

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Horlufemi(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2017
Wrong but your used phones from good/trusted shops or people you know bought it.

For me I can't buy an Infinix gionee wiko tecno phone because there's no real value for money.

and since the really good phones are at the moment too expensive. I'll rather just buy used good phone.

Right now I'm using a Samsung S7 duos I bought @ 100k working sharply without one dent or scratch. I'm even lucky to pay thrice.

It's so much better than tecnocrat phones
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by RapportNaija(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
I concur OP. never buy used or Secondhand phones! Gbam!

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Tman104(m): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
Techpaded:
Why You Shouldn't Patronise SecondHand Devices

1. Theft: A rainy night in delta state, theives gained entrance into this guy's house - took his money & phones! Once they unlock the phones, what next? Sell it. You might be using a stolen phone and you don't know, you might be arrested and you won't know.

2. No Guarantee, No Warranty: Secondhand phone buyers don't have any guarantee that what they want to buy is in good condition. Neither do they have warranty incase of damages! Once you buy, you bye !

3. You May Spend More on Repairs: After discovering numbers of faults, or you decide to repackage the phone (buy earphone, change casing, screen guard etc) the money you'll spend on repairs & repackaging may be more than the amount you bought the phone. But when you buy new and unused phones, warranty will speak for you!

4. No Receipt: Nowadays, highway search police asks for receipt of ordinary earphones, talkless of phones. Since secondhand sellers don't issue receipts, it might be a problem if you're called upon to provide evidence of ownership of the phone.

5. No Freebies/ Gifts: Unlike some new phones which may come with free memory cards, powerbanks, selfie stick etc. Secondhand items has no provision for that. The highest they can offer is free earphone!

6. Waste of Money: For the extremely unlucky secondhand phone buyers who buys phones which has been certified dead - infact buried, - you get this depression & pain inside of you, telling you everyday that "bros, you just waisted your money o"

Source: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/06/you-may-not-buy-secondhand-phones-again.html
That number 6 just happen to me last month. I wasted my money (infinix 0). The guy told me its speaker isn't good and I agreed to repair it. I changed the speaker, the following day the wey dey work perfectly before, e just dey reboot. if I on am e go off itself and on again. i cum carry am go me one engineer, engineer cum talk say panel don spoil. As i dey talk nao we still dey find panel o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by alowonle02(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
AnonyNymous:

If the price difference is more than x2 of the brand new one then its either stolen or has some severe, I mean SEVERE grin hidden faults. I bought an iPod 5th generation about a year ago for 40k when a brand new one is 155k. Turns out it was iCloud locked, and stolen. I eventually had to return it to the original owner without any compensation from them. cry I naively contacted the owner of the email to remove the ipod from her apple account and they were already accusing me of stealing it grin grin

If the price difference is less than 2x e.g used = 10k, brand new= 17k, then its best to just earn the same money you wanted to use to buy a used one to buy a brand new one. It could mean waiting for a little bit of time but its better to avoid 'stories that touch'.

There are exceptions though. You could 'hit the jackpot' and actually get a good deal. But that's rare.
Oga please say something else, let us teach you should in case you don't know. The phone I used to replied your comment is London used phone came with receipt. Please you don't comment blindly for what you have no knowledge of. The phone cost me 25k @ London used price but 150k for new phone.

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by alowonle02(m): 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
Tman104:
That number 6 just happen to me last month. I wasted my money (infinix 0). The guy told me its speaker isn't good and I agreed to repair it. I changed the speaker, the following day the wey dey work perfectly before, e just dey reboot. if I on am e go off itself and on again. i cum carry am go me one engineer, engineer cum talk say panel don spoil. As i dey talk nao we still dey find panel o.
It is not advisable for you to be second hand phone but it is an high opportunity to go to where London used phones is sold with guaranty and receipt. If anything happen to it, another phone will be given to you.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by kyaagbanairaland(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
propanet:
The very moment I noticed your spelling for thieves was wrong,I knew you had nothing meaningful to say
What arrogance!!! The theft part makes a lot of sense. Grow up and stop displaying ur lazy ass attitude on social media.
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by kyaagbanairaland(m): 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Beverages:
Okay.

So I just read that you wrote and I will still log on to Olx or to buy Second hand phone today.

You not happy about that??

Am in my House, Coman beat me!!
He is not forcing u not to buy used phones, he only outlined some of d disadvantages of buying a used phone and some of d points he outlined are real. Why are some Nigerians so dumb. Any small thing we don vex

2 Likes

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by piagetskinner(m): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
I had barely used my gionee m5 before it was stolen...still fresh still new..just 2months old

God will still deal with that person

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by kyaagbanairaland(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
I really appreciate ur effort and d points u outlined which are very real. However, if u buy a second hand phone from someone u know I mean d person bought it brand new, used it and wants to change u'll be rest assured u won't experience some of d points outlined. Personally, I can never go to the market and buy a used phone. I've been through that before.

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by pappy4real(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
abeg, I get s5 with bad screen. any one wey wan sell cheap screen pls reach out
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
MsFaith:
In December last year, I bought a UK used laptop, till today I wish I had saved enough money to buy brand new one. The battery is so bad. After going back to change it they still gave me a bad battery. I just wished I waited patiently
sell it to me

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by Shakitibob0: 3:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
alowonle02:

It is not advisable for you to be second hand phone but it is an high opportunity to go to where London used phones is sold with guaranty and receipt. If anything happen to it, another phone will be given to you.

I need a good UK used phone for one of my siblings too...can you tell me names of store that I can visit?

What brand and model of phone costs you that 25k

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by MsFaith: 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
dancok:
sell it to me
Alright
Drop ur contact
Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by baba4thegehs: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
AnonyNymous:

If the price difference is more than x2 of the brand new one then its either stolen or has some severe, I mean SEVERE grin hidden faults. I bought an iPod 5th generation about a year ago for 40k when a brand new one is 155k. Turns out it was iCloud locked, and stolen. I eventually had to return it to the original owner without any compensation from them. cry I naively contacted the owner of the email to remove the ipod from her apple account and they were already accusing me of stealing it grin grin

If the price difference is less than 2x e.g used = 10k, brand new= 17k, then its best to just earn the same money you wanted to use to buy a used one to buy a brand new one. It could mean waiting for a little bit of time but its better to avoid 'stories that touch'.

There are exceptions though. You could 'hit the jackpot' and actually get a good deal. But that's rare.

You were not careful a enough. This is what happens when you pay too much attention on how cheap the item you buying is, rather than checking if it has any defaults.

If the price is too good to be true, I make sure I check the device carefully. And I don't mind going back home and not buying if I notice anything wrong with the phone.

1 Like

Re: You May Not Buy Secondhand Phones Again After Reading This by baba4thegehs: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
thompson1510:

Xup Bro, do you have any contact in Ikeja for cheap UK used phones one can resell ?

Thanks

Yes I do have a customer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phones Unlock Codes Calculation Via Imei -f R E E / Mtn Free Blackberry Subscription(bis Cheat) / 2go Registration Download Www.2go.co.za

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.