Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State (12252 Views)

Please, Don’t Insult Us With Jonathan’s Failure – Dipo Famakinwa / Breaking News! Otunba Dipo Dina Assasinated / Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by jona2: 1:35am On Jan 26, 2010
Dipo Dina shot dead

Dipo Dina Ogun State Action Congress (AC) governorship candidate Dipo Dina was shot dead last night.

He was killed in the industrial town of Sango Ota, Ogun State by unknown assailants who shot him through the windshield of his SUV, a source said.

In his Ijebu-Ode hometown, there was anxiety as news of his death spread. Many were anxious for a confirmation of the story.

Sources close to the family said Dina was shot dead and that calls to his line were not answered.

Details of the incident were not clear last night. A source said the assailants said his life had been paid for before shooting him in the presence of two others. The others were driven away and dropped off by the assailants.

Reacting last night, AC National Publicity Secretary Lai Mohammed said from the sketchy details obtained the incident looked "more of political assassination than robbery".

He said: "If three people were in a car and two were allowed to walk away and the third shot dead what do you make of that? Considering the political party he belonged to his death smacks of assassination".

"The incident shows the high level of insecurity and political intolerance in the country. This is not good for our democracy. It is so, sad".

Fondly called D-Direct, the Ijebu Ode born economist and businessman was a philanthropist who extended a duty of care to the needy, orphans, widows, jobless youths and indigent students.

He was a consistent progressive politician who rejected overtures to defect to the rival Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In 2003, he contested for the House of Representatives on the platform of AD. He lost, but he said that he was rigged out. In 2007, he was the AC governorship candidate in Ogun State. He lost and went to the tribunal to protest the alleged rigging. The case was struck out.

In 2007, the government of Ogun State frustrated the move to confer a chieftaincy title on him by the Olu of Ilaro. He had prepared for the ceremony. All things he had bought, including invitation letters, were wasted. The government also cancelled the empowerment programme he planned for Ipokia. PDP thugs attacked his convoy in Yewa division and he was assaulted.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/33939/1/Dipo-Dina-shot-dead/Page1.html

Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 26, 2010
Omg-is it 2011 yet?
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Mekusxyz: 1:45am On Jan 26, 2010
Ogun, Oyo, Lagos, Ekiti, Osun, politically murderous states.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by MT: 1:50am On Jan 26, 2010
This is becoming one too many. This was a guy that went to court , and not resorted to violence, to claim his mandate.

Our police force are so useless. There was attack on one of the deceased's entourage cars parked outside the court's premise in Ibadan. The windscreen of the car was smashed and the police were saying they came to secure the court premise and not what was beyond it.

They should have seen this coming and beef security around this man.

This is a black day for a black man.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by chakaz(m): 1:50am On Jan 26, 2010
Too bad!!!
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 26, 2010
Mekus
How?
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by mamagee3(f): 1:53am On Jan 26, 2010
That's so sad, may his soul rest in peace!
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by triistar86: 1:57am On Jan 26, 2010
Damn. . . . This is so sad. Seems like the killings against 2011 has already started, and the bad part is no one would be held responsible.  NAIJA!!!

RIP DIPO DINA
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Omolulu(m): 1:58am On Jan 26, 2010
dem don kill am now come dey blame armed robber, Judgement hangs over their head, may his soul rest in peace,
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by gabng(m): 2:01am On Jan 26, 2010
If only he had an armoured vehicle, he would have survived the attack with little or no scratch.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by woye77: 2:01am On Jan 26, 2010
OGD might be behind it sad
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Nobody: 2:05am On Jan 26, 2010
Who knows?
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by CyberG: 2:07am On Jan 26, 2010
Terrible! I am not surprised. . .Nigeria is the devil's lair! Well, I will see who comes on here to say GOD should catch the killers. . .while I am sure GOD himself is waiting for Nigerian leadership to deal with this kind of situations themselves!

For as long as people pray silly and ignorant prayers on Sundays and Fridays while not doing the right thing, for so long shall assassinations continue without any hope of catching and punishing the culprits!
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by henry101(m): 2:59am On Jan 26, 2010
Is this the type of revolution Nigeria is talking about?
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Ibime(m): 3:27am On Jan 26, 2010
Too many funny things are happening under Gbenga Daniels jurisdiction.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by TayoD1(m): 3:35am On Jan 26, 2010
@topic,

So sad. That's my cousin! I just called and woke my brother up in Lagos on reading this news. He is not even aware yet of what has happened. I don't even know how my Dad and other elderly people within the family will handle this. What a shame! what a shame!!!!
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Gayigaskia(m): 5:35am On Jan 26, 2010
Blame the northerners for this too sad sad
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by bawomolo(m): 5:58am On Jan 26, 2010
Tayo-D:

@topic,

So sad. That's my cousin! I just called and woke my brother up in Lagos on reading this news. He is not even aware yet of what has happened. I don't even know how my Dad and other elderly people within the family will handle this. What a shame! what a shame!!!!

sorry to hear that man.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by chic2pimp(m): 6:01am On Jan 26, 2010
Tayo-D:

@topic,

May The Lord Be With You And Your Family Members During This Difficult Time.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 6:03am On Jan 26, 2010
woye77:

OGD might be behind it sad

I'll say Iyabo Obasanjo is behind it. She wants to be Ogun state governor by all means come 2011.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 6:04am On Jan 26, 2010
Tayo-D:

@topic,

So sad.  That's my cousin! I just called and woke my brother up in Lagos on reading this news.  He is not even aware yet of what has happened.  I don't even know how my Dad and other elderly people within the family will handle this. What a shame! what a shame!!!!

Accept my condolences.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by r231(m): 6:52am On Jan 26, 2010
na wah o

RIP

aloy-emeka:

I'll say Iyabo Obasanjo is behind it. She wants to be Ogun state governor by all means come 2011.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by otawa: 8:41am On Jan 26, 2010
Very Sad news but am not surprised.

Like I told NUZO in another thread.

The only to succeed as Politician in Nigerian are:

1. get a godfather

2. ready to kill/destroy your enermies.

Now the road is free for whoever PDP brings along in 2011.

It is too late for AC to have a solid candidate, it is less than 18months.

And so PDP will Ogun State again.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by dipong: 9:31am On Jan 26, 2010
This is so bad, for how long will we continue to bow to the already belled cat
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by FBS: 9:37am On Jan 26, 2010
This is terrible.

R.I.P Dipo Dina.

Tayo-D:

@topic,

So sad.  That's my cousin! I just called and woke my brother up in Lagos on reading this news.  He is not even aware yet of what has happened.  I don't even know how my Dad and other elderly people within the family will handle this. What a shame! what a shame!!!!
The Lord will be your strength. Accept my condolences.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by jamace(m): 9:43am On Jan 26, 2010
My people, this is sad! Human life in Nigeria  is no longer worth more than that of an antelope in the jungle.  angry I will not be surprised to know that the "hunter" was paid not more than N50,000 for that kill. I'm sad.  sad  sad
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by jamace(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2010
If only he had an armoured vehicle, he would have survived the gun shot.
Stop advertising your coffin here!
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Pappyshoes(m): 9:57am On Jan 26, 2010
This is Terribly sad story, cry cry cry
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 26, 2010
A lot has gone wrong with ogun state since gbenga daniel became governor. OGD is a fox cos his style of governance brought about chains of events and schemes that may not help the state in the nearest future! OBJ, OGD, IYABO, AMOSUN and others shame on you!
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by otawa: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2010
OBJ, OGD, IYABO, AMOSUN and others shame on you!

only that they dont have a shame.

Mr Obasanjo already wiped-out enitre village of Odi, so killing one person is no big deal.

I expect people of this state to be on the street but alas they will do nothing.

Just like people of Lagos did nothing when Funso Williams was killed.
Re: Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State by Fearcom(m): 10:46am On Jan 26, 2010
According to an unconfirmed source,he was said to have enough evidence to put Daniel behind bars after he leaves office. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Risk Arrest, Jonathan’s Camp Warns Buhari / Rivers Diasporans Turn-up To Support Amaechi In London / FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.