Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood (46462 Views)

Armed Robbers Invade A Home In Abuja, Captured On CCTV (video) / Lockdown: Robbers Invade Lagos, Ogun Communities / Armed Robbers Invade Police Barrack In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:53am On Jun 22, 2017
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

The police has released the following useful tips in the event robbers manage to enter on to our premises or inside our houses. Brainnewsng.com hope there will be useful to you and can help save a life.

1. Robbers typically launch their attacks from the backdoor (normally kitchen doors) because they are usually not fortified. Get good doors for your kitchen. Use crossbars at the back or “burglarproof” behind the doors inside the house. If you have keys to the burglarproof, never leave them inside the lock. Where possible, use a padlock in addition to the keys. The purpose is to make it as difficult as possible for the robbers to enter into the house and to buy you time to call somebody for help.

2. When you hear someone breaking your doors, unless you are absolutely sure your actions will prevent entry into the house, don’t try to be a hero by pushing back behind the doors (they may shoot at you through the doors), or putting heavy items like freezers or furniture behind it (they get more angry and when they are able to finally enter they are more likely to be violent).

3. If you sleep without clothes or with minimal clothing, dress up as soon as you hear them. For the women especially, don’t stay in your nighties or wrappers, wear trousers and an ugly top.

4. If you call someone on the phone for help, keep the phone far from you as you don’t want it to be known that you’ve done so.

5. Look for your main power switch and plunge the building into darkness (it disorients them and may cause them to run away).

6. If you have a gun, registered or not, use it but only if you’re sure you will do damage. This isn’t the time for warning shots! Killing an intruder on your premises in defence of yourself and property is a legitimate legal defence. Same goes for the use of any other weapon e.g. knives.

7. When the robbers manage to enter give them whatever they want. Don’t hide anything. Don’t try to be a hero or to negotiate with them.

8. Don’t look at them directly (or don’t let them see you doing so). If you know any of them don’t show any signs of recognition and don’t mention the person’s name. However memorise whatever features you can to help with identification and investigation.

9. When they finally leave your house do not chase after them..

10. Be your neighbour’s keeper and if you hear any breaks in at their house, call the police for assistance.
11. When robbers enter your compound, do not put on any light in your room. Put on the outside lights but keep the inside lights totally off so that the robbers do not see you.

12. Never run out of the house when robbers invade your house or neigbourhood, if you succeed going outside and you are caught by them, you may never come out of it alive.

More Tips:

13. Never share your location on any of your social media pages or account.

14. Avoid staying out late in the night, especially going out without a car.

15. Don’t keep too much of friends, especially those who you don’t really know much of their identity.

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/armed-robbers-invade-house-neigbourhood/

113 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by calberian: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2017
No. 6.

Yes boss, I don't even need a second introduction.

I'm ready

Errm, oga OP, abeg no vex, just add one line talking bout what to do if a snake or crocodile manages to enter one's premises or house and then add a clip or picture of the intruder(s). I need to see FP grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Afonjashapmouth: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2017
If Dem go hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Ehiscotch(m): 7:06am On Jun 22, 2017
NO.1 tip should be "When the robbers come just tell them with a confident voice, "COME IN. The door is open'". grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by ouzo1(m): 7:06am On Jun 22, 2017
Op I dey suspect u o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Op! You forgot to include PRAYER. SAYING A LITTLE PRAYER CAN GO A LONG WAY

Out of experience..

193 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by HeOrShe: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2017
The best way to welcome a robber is to tell ur daughter to go totally naked and open d door for the robber as u hide behind d door with big wood or weapon

Don't fail to hit the head first.

A man is instantly confused and lost to see a naked girl in his front..

Take advantage.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 22, 2017
since I was born and now I am getting old I have never witnessed robbery.. Thanks to God for covering me in his grace.

198 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by vladhillz(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/armed-robbers-invade-house-neigbourhood/

not bad...you forgot to add a blaring alarm system outside the compound connected to the very bright light surrounding the compound loud enough to wake up the neighbours...more like an emergency switch..that moment you went over to turn off the light inside,get an engineer to create d emergency switch separate from an ordinary compound light switch DT turn both d alarm and light on at d same time...don't give a Bleep if d neighbours are having a nice dream...ya lyf is d main priority...DX is perfect for my neighbourhood and if its a building with an upstair,and you own a gun,find a position,act like a snipper and have fun..

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by joyAA(f): 7:57am On Jun 22, 2017
HeOrShe:
The best way to welcome a robber is to tell ur daughter to go totally naked and open d door for the robber as u hide behind d door with big wood or weapon

Take advantage.

That is assuming that it's only one person robbing.
What if the robber(s) issa woman

42 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2017
calberian:
No. 6.

Yes boss, I don't even need a second introduction.

I'm ready

Errm, oga OP, abeg no vex, just add one line talking bout what to do if a snake or crocodile manages to enter one's premises or house and then add a clip or picture of the intruder(s). I need to see FP grin

Hmmmmmmmm

I know what you want! Hahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
If Dem go hear
They will... Soon or later
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:
NO.1 tip should be "When the robbers come just tell them with a confident voice, "COME IN. The door is open'". grin

Good for you

Am sure you have done this before...

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2017
ouzo1:
Op I dey suspect u o
Hmmmmmmmm
Of...?
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
Op! You forgot to include PRAYER. SAYING A LITTLE PRAYER CAN GO A LONG WAY

Out of experience..

Thanks for adding it

But, prayer without work is failure

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2017
HeOrShe:

Take advantage.

This is risky, http://www.brainnewsng.com will never support or encourage anyone to try this...

Be warned!

5 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2017
Ighoga898:
since I was born and now I am getting old I have never witnessed robbery..
Thanks to God for covering me in his grace.

God is great

Pray, work harder for a better tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Pees63(f): 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Just lock up oh Bros

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by TINALETC3(f): 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
cheesy I Luv no 5,tink it's da best
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lol, women should immediately wear "ugly tops" cheesy

Which woman buys an ugly Top

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by konboy: 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
ouzo1:
Op I dey suspect u o
lol
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by banmee(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
If Dem go hear

And here I thought all you had to do was call the police. Nigeria is truly a wonderful country. Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by hakeem4(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
deebsman1:
WHERE IS 112
see it here

9 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by deebsman1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
WHAT OF 112?? GOOD TIPS FROM ANY ANGLE WE WANNA LOOK AT IT FROM BUT THIS TELLS US CHANCE OF GETTING LAW ENFORCEMENT ASSISTANCE IN TIME OF DIRE NEED IS 5/100. lipsrsealed

Worthy of mention, killing an intruder is legal, nice to know that

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by DirtyGold: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
May God save us all.

What's tha business?
Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Beverages: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
Better save than sorry.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Amberon11: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
My dad has a gun and we have Angels guarding us.

Double protection grin

4 Likes

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Austema(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
Op are you an Ethiesth? Prayer should be number one thing

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by Taniaa(f): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
Dully Noted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If Armed Robbers Invade Your House, Neigbourhood by gaetano: 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Dupes New Zealand Lady N53m (Photo) / Bayelsa: Militants Who Were Reportedly Arrested With Deadly Weapons / Irate Ijaw Youths Kill Army Commander, Soldiers In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.