Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? (1998 Views)

I Think My Wife Is A Witch / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2017
First of all I'm so sorry for bringing my personal problems here. I'm seriously tired of keeping it to myself, I need advice on what to do. I can't just keep up with my Dad's attitude any more. He uses every opportunity to embarrass us(my siblings and mum). He believes been a good Dad is about paying our fees and food. I don't doubt that but what pains me is about him telling the whole world what he has been doing in his house especially his church. He doesn't say good things about us even when we are good but glorifies other people's children even when their wrong he makes them look good. He doesn't support my mum in anything not even buying her cloth. He spends money outside just for people to like and glorify him,an hypocrite.
The worst that made me mad was when my sister finished school with a very good result. The first in his family but not even a celebration or a congratulation or an appreciation from him. He didn't even come for my sister's convocation; his first child but will be going to other peoples' own o and giving them money.
I'm just tired of covering him up. I respect him because he is my father. I'm tired of his bullshit, using his money and houses to mock at us. I don't really know what to do. I'm tired of him and I need advice cry
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2017
My Dear Sister, Most African Parent (Fathers) Are guilty of this. I will advise you overlook because if i say "Go and talk to him", I know you cant talk to him because African parents are "ALL KNOWING" and never wrong. All the same, i advice you to be calm and love him still.

In here "Nairaland", I read something that taught me something new, i wish most potential fathers will read it as well.

One thing is certain, HE CAN NEVER FIND A FRIEND IN YOU.

Your MUM WILL BE THE CLOSEST TO YOU ALL AND IN HIS OLD AGE, HE WILL BE VERY LONELY.

5 Likes

Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by yomi007k(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2017
So unfortunate.

Ur mum n d kids better triple ur hustle cos u jus lost one lifeline.

1 Like

Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Marvel1206: 10:53am On Jun 22, 2017
Maybe he's not in good terms with your mum but if it were so, it shouldn't have stretched to his children. All you can do is ignore him and don't let it get to you
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Afonjashapmouth: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2017
My dear, the best revenge in life is success. Nagging about a situation one cannot change is a waste of energy, channel your energy into something productive and you will receive happiness. He has chosen his path, choose yours. As for your mum, she made the choice and not you so let her deal with him without you contributing any say. Sometimes homes like this maybe be dangerous to our sanity but trust me if you can move the energy around you will discover its a drive to be successful and to be allergic to failure

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by eyinjuege: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2017
Your father has chosen his path, choose yours.
He doesn't like being affectionate, it's his loss at the end of the day, just continue your life and accept that he's going to be like that foerever.
You really cannot force him to appreciate his family. You guys should just continue to be each other's support system.
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Jackeeh(m): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by poshestmina(f): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2017
Just keep holding on! Unfortunately there's nothing you can do now ,Get your certificate first same with your siblings.

Most families are that way and later they'll start blaming the mother for 'turning the children against them'. undecided
It's only a matter of time. This too shall pass!

2 Likes

Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Jackeeh(m): 11:09am On Jun 22, 2017
Hmmmm I feel no love for my father. Still respect him though.
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by nerodenero: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2017
Are you very sure he is your father?

If yes, he is the black-sheep of the family.

My take: manage him and his attitude until you guys can fend for yourselves and your mum. By then he is OYO.
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
StephDamielola:
My Dear Sister, Most African Parent (Fathers) Are guilty of this. I will advise you overlook because if i say "Go and talk to him", I know you cant talk to him because African parents are "ALL KNOWING" and never wrong. All the same, i advice you to be calm and love him still.

In here "Nairaland", I read something that taught me something new, i wish most potential fathers will read it as well.

One thing is certain, HE CAN NEVER FIND A FRIEND IN YOU.

Your MUM WILL BE THE CLOSEST TO YOU ALL AND IN HIS OLD AGE, HE WILL BE VERY LONELY.
Thank you. I just pity him
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
yomi007k:
So unfortunate.

Ur mum n d kids better triple ur hustle cos u jus lost one lifeline.
seriously o
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Marvel1206:
Maybe he's not in good terms with your mum but if it were so, it shouldn't have stretched to his children. All you can do is ignore him and don't let it get to you
ok
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by spawnx: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Are sure he is your biological father? You said he feels paying your fees and feeding you is all. There might be more...
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
My dear, the best revenge in life is success. Nagging about a situation one cannot change is a waste of energy, channel your energy into something productive and you will receive happiness. He has chosen his path, choose yours. As for your mum, she made the choice and not you so let her deal with him without you contributing any say. Sometimes homes like this maybe be dangerous to our sanity but trust me if you can move the energy around you will discover its a drive to be successful and to be allergic to failure
thank you... The best revenge ever is success
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
spawnx:
Are sure he is your biological father? You said he feels paying your fees and feeding you is all. There might be more...
He is my biological father o
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
eyinjuege:
Your father has chosen his path, choose yours.
He doesn't like being affectionate, it's his loss at the end of the day, just continue your life and accept that he's going to be like that foerever.
You really cannot force him to appreciate his family. You guys should just continue to be each other's support system.
mum gives us full support
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
poshestmina:
Just keep holding on! Unfortunately there's nothing you can do now ,Get your certificate first same with your siblings.

Most families are that way and later they'll start blaming the mother for 'turning the children against them'. undecided
It's only a matter of time. This too shall pass!
thank you. He will abuses my mum for not going to be...for being an illiterate but my mum has more sense than him. My certificate is what is keeping me in his house
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
Jackeeh:
Hmmmm I feel no love for my father. Still respect him though.
Just the respect o. I don't love him
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Quinn22(f): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
A father becomes a witch?!

Do you mean wizard? sad
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
Quinn22:

Do you mean wizard? sad
Witch, pls check your dictionary
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Quinn22(f): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
For what exactly?!

Witch is feminine while wizard is masculine
Eliba:
Witch, pls check your dictionary

Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by greatcrown: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Sorry about what you are going through.

I feel your frustration but I don't think it's as serious as you made it sound!

Base on what you said, u claimed your father didn't fail in his responsibility of providing for the family. You also claim is doing that dutifully and he is also proud of his achievements in that regard.

May I ask, have you and your siblings appreciated your father for what he has done and he's doing?

If you have not done that , try it. Overwhelm him with praises especially in the public and private. Do thanksgiving for your sister's graduation and publicly thank your father for providing the money for the education and request prayer for him for more blessings and wisdom to lead the family.

You may find my approach absurd. But come to think of it, if your father is your employer you will not leave his employment until another source of income is guaranteed.

I perceive your father is ignorantly innocent. His actions are not meant to harm you.

I believe if you and your siblings can commitedly shower praises on him; he will change with time.

God bless you and grant you more wisdom in Jesus name, Amen!

1 Like

Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
Quinn22:
For what exactly?!

Witch is feminine while wizard is masculine
I don't know ur type of dictionary madam but mine tells me a witch is a man that practises witchcraft. I may be wrong, I may be correct but please next time, mind your business. Thank you grin
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Quinn22:

Do you mean wizard? sad
Instead of giving me advice, your looking at my mistake. Whatever I choose to write is mine. I'm not complaining ma
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Quinn22(f): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Okay ma grin tongue
Eliba:
Instead of giving me advice, your looking at my mistake. Whatever I choose to write is mine. I'm not complaining ma
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Quinn22(f): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
Eliba since you want advice here it is;
If you're tired of your dad why don't you just kill him ehn?!
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
greatcrown:
Sorry about what you are going through.

I feel your frustration but I don't think it's as serious as you made it sound!

Base on what you said, u claimed your father didn't fail in his responsibility of providing for the family. You also claim is doing that dutifully and he is also proud of his achievements in that regard.

May I ask, have you and your siblings appreciated your father for what he has done and he's doing?

If you have not done that , try it. Overwhelm him with praises especially in the public and private. Do thanksgiving for your sister's graduation and publicly thank your father for providing the money for the education and request prayer for him for more blessings and wisdom to lead the family.

You may find my approach absurd. But come to think of it, if your father is your employer you will not leave his employment until another source of income is guaranteed.

I perceive your father is ignorantly innocent. His actions are not meant to harm you.

I believe if you and your siblings can commitedly shower praises on him; he will change with time.

God bless you and grant you more wisdom in Jesus name, Amen!
Innocent ke, he knows what he is doing
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
Quinn22:
Eliba since you want advice here it is;
If you're tired of your dad why don't you just kill him ehn?!
Mbok mma when you see my post, waka pass.
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Quinn22(f): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
But you wanted advice na grin
Eliba:
Mbok mma when you see my post, waka pass.
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by MsFaith: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
My father was like urs but now that I am a graduate, I pray that God will give me a good heart to take care of him. This is for my own peace sake
Re: When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? by Quinn22(f): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
I'm very sorry to say this with all due respect, your dad is going to end up being alone and miserable at a very old age if he doesn't change. Just focus on your career and success, channel those negative energy to positive energy, do the things you love ❤️ baby girl wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Just Friends, But I'm Beginning To Feel Guilty! / Things That You Have Done That Ordinarily You Wouldn't Do It / Starting a small business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.