Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,733 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare (7001 Views)

Rivers Assembly Refuses To Swear In Nyeche / Doctrine Of NECESSITY Will Be Adopted To Swear In WIKE As Governor / Pictures: South East Youths Declare Total Support For President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by aloyemeka2: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2010
Swear-in Jonathan or leave our oil, Ijaw youths declare
National NewsJan 26, 2010

PORT HARCOURT— IJAW youths, weekend, vowed to resist with the last drop of their blood further exploration and exploitation of oil in the Niger Delta, if Vice President Goodluck Jonathan if not allowed to function as acting president because he is an Ijaw man from the South-South geo-political zone.
Vanguard learnt that the far-reaching decision was taken at a meeting of selected Ijaw youth leaders in Port-Harcourt. Tempers flared at the gathering, which ended in the early hours of Monday, as some of the ex-militant commanders said that they should immediately start bombing oil installations to cripple the economy, but were urged to exercise restraint by their colleagues at the meeting.
The youth leaders also resolved that they would not condone any harm coming to or being meted to Dr. Jonathan or anybody around him, over the issue of acting president.

A prominent Ijaw youth leader, who attended the meeting, Kingsley Kuku, told Vanguard: “The selected youth leaders were particular about not allowing anybody to exploit oil from our region anymore if somebody from the region, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, cannot be allowed to function as acting president.”
According to him, “it was agreed that if anybody, no matter how highly placed, feels that a Niger-Delta man, nor an Ijaw man, cannot act as president of Nigeria, then, nobody is fit to tap our resources.”

“We have been praying for the recovery of President Yar’Adua for the past 63 days, both the Ijaw National Congress (INC) and the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) and on many occasions, we had to leave the agenda of our meetings to concentrate on prayers for Yar’Adua because the Ijaw man believes that his amnesty and post-amnesty programmes were good and it was just when he was about to start executing them that he fell ill”, he said.
Hon Kuku said the youth leaders, however, noted the latest court order to the Executive Council of the Federation to find out within 14 days if President Yar’Adua was still capable of performing his duties as President, saying, “I want to emphasise, the Ijaw man wishes Mr. President well and wants him to return to his office but in the event of his not being able to continue, nobody should stop Jonathan, that is where they will provoke Ijaw man again”.

He said Dr. Jonathan was not a threat to any ethnic group and the Ijaws could vouch for him, adding, “The fear about him acting as president is a creation of certain people, we allay that fear and tell the nation that we see him as a fit and proper person to run the country in the absence of his boss, President Yar’Adua”.
It was also gathered that insinuations about alleged coup by the military was discussed at the meeting and it was agreed that the issue in question was a constitutional matter and should be left to be resolved constitutionally.
According to Hon Kuku, “The youth leaders opposed the idea of coup and are prepared to tackle any military intervention as a result of this matter”.
The meeting, he disclosed, noted the actions of the Save Nigeria group, led by Nobel Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, Pastor Tunde Bakare and others, eminent Northerners like former civilian governor, Alhaji Balarebe Musa, Col Abubakar Dangiwa Umar (rtd) and others for standing by the truth and insisting on justice and respect of the constitution.

He noted that the present development was affecting the post-amnesty programme and confirmed that ex-militants at the meeting almost hijacked the meeting, wanting to return to the trenches, but, they were told to give peace a chance, as other Nigerians were not folding their hands on the matter.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/26/swear-in-jonathan-or-leave-our-oil-ijaw-youths-declare/
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by deluxecad(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2010
I'm lovin this, let the militants do something, d deceit is too much.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by edoyad(m): 8:56am On Jan 26, 2010
Yes ! finally ! ! Wake up and take your destiny. How can you be supplying 90% of the nations revenue and live like almajiri, i hope this is not just talk talk talk ? Give us action, shake the foundations of farcical arrangement.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 26, 2010
Abeg,let me hear word jare! Leave our oil,leave our oil, was it you that put it there? Oya now, bomb installations and cripple the economy,is it not also your economy you are crippling? If you like don't use your so called powers to attack the right places,be there making primary school threats, leave our oil, Rubbish!
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by safeact(m): 10:29am On Jan 26, 2010
U guys have been silent 4 a long time now, y? Where are ur weapons of mass destruction? What kind of maginalization on d highest level be dis? What other signs do u need 4u 2 leave Eugpt? Take d bull by d horn and liberate urselves else u will be slaves 4 ever. Powers are not given on a plater of gold,it is taken. It is ur right. Winnie Mandela said it. I rest my case here.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by tundewoods(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2010
Bludeville:

Abeg,let me hear word jare! Leave our oil,leave our oil, was it you that put it there? Oya now, bomb installations and cripple the economy,is it not also your economy you are crippling? If you like don't use your so called powers to attack the right places,be there making primary school threats, leave our oil, Rubbish!

@ Bludeville
Classic reply. I love it cheesy grin
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Dede1(m): 11:14am On Jan 26, 2010
It is unfortunate that every political move instigated by Ijo always states and ends with crude oil. The truth must be told to Ijo that they neither own crude oil nor the piece of estate the crude oil is struck.

If all the oil wells are aggregated according to the domain of ethnic groups, the Ijo people will be highly disappointed that their so-called northern Nigerian masters and Ijo political leadership have been feeding them with crap about crude oil deposit in the jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by landis(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2010
na wa oh
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by revolt(m): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2010
SHUT UP THERE. Why must oil come into everything. Na only una get oil. We no get oil too? Abeg una packagn n mentality like those malus feeble minded peeps. Oil this oil that.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Akanbiedu(m): 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2010
deluxecad:

I'm lovin this, let the militants do something, d deceit is too much.

like what? Frying pan to fire.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by naijaswag1: 2:58pm On Jan 26, 2010
Are these people just waking up from a deep sleep?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Meldrick(m): 4:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
safeact:

U guys have been silent 4 a long time now, y? Where are your weapons of mass destruction? What kind of maginalization on d highest level be dis? What other signs do u need 4u 2 leave Eugpt? Take d bull by d horn and liberate urselves else u will be slaves 4 ever. Powers are not given on a plater of gold,it is taken. It is your right. Winnie Mandela said it. I rest my case here.

Like Mtel will say Talk the Talk.!!!! You have spoken well. I also rest my case
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Becomrrich: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2010
Why Jonathan have not be made president is because, you would not get enough vote to remove yar adua. you need 73 senators to remove yar adua. the far north have 37 senator, one of them need to join to remove him. which may never happen.

The igbos knows if jonathan become president, they would have to wait till 2019. The igbos may not vote for that too.

While the north too do not want to wait till 2019, they too, are not ready to wait.

If you put the far north and igbos senators together.

The igbos and the north too cant remove jonathan too. they need 73 senators. they cant get it too. 33 +6 = 39 senators would vote again. only 70 senators.

to solve this 2019 problem. We offer Jonathan something in Benin republic . That get rid of Jonathan. While the North and igbos become , president and vice president. and you remain the rest of nigeria , biafra to please the igbos. a new nation, not a terror nation.

We would get the premier minister of Benin republic and one vice president in benin republic,   This whole problem solve.

Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by nduchucks: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2010
Dede1:

It is unfortunate that every political move instigated by Ijo always states and ends with crude oil. The truth must be told to Ijo that they neither own crude oil nor the piece of estate the crude oil is struck.

If all the oil wells are aggregated according to the domain of ethnic groups, the Ijo people will be highly disappointed that their so-called northern Nigerian masters and Ijo political leadership have been feeding them with crap about crude oil deposit in the jungle called Nigeria.

At the risk of being labelled a divide and rule advocate, I regretfully have to agree with Dede1 here. The most unfortunate thing is that, most of the readers of Dede1's post, will neither get the point being made, nor understand the implications of the statement.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by 9jaBwai: 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
In this matter, threats aren't enough.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by EzeUche(m): 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
Lets see if these Ijaws have the stomach to fight. Do not make such empty threats. Either way, the Ndi Igbo will watch on the sidelines and see how this plays out. cool
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by EzeUche(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2010
Becomrrich:

We would get the premier minister of Benin republic and one vice president in benin republic,   This whole problem solve.

I dislike your map. It is not accurate. You are encroaching into Igboland and that is something I will not stand for. Here is a more accurate map of Biafra.

Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by egift(m): 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2010
They should calm down. The time they will need it will come. Its even better they were deprive and they hit and possess there oil even demand for both the presidency and more allocation of the portion of oil lifted from there land.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Abagworo(m): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ezeuche.you seem new to this forum.please dont let yourself get infected with becomerichs mapomania and territorial encroachments.let him keep giving us the maps for comic relief.

@post.wtf is oil?lets talk about justice and equity before oil.jonathan deserves to be sworn in.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Becomrrich: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
how can bayelsa state be igboland. This is Isaac boro, how many igbo people did he kill. tell me the number, how does over 3000 sound to you.

leave ijawland. ijaw people get gun now.

Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by muhsin(m): 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2010
What a bluff! cheesy
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by ayo84(m): 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
im luvin these
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by EzeUche(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
Becomrrich:

how can bayelsa state be igboland. This is Isaac boro, how many igbo people did he kill. tell me the number,  how does over 3000 sound to you.

Isaac Boro was misguided. He did not know who the real enemy was until it was to late for him. Last time I checked, Isaac Boro, the native son of Ijawland lost his life to a Yoruba man, not an Igbo. Igbo domination is a myth, the Ijaws are our cousins just like Ibibio, Efik, Idoma and other groups in the East.

Why do you and other non-Eastern groups like to divide the East. Why do you think the lingua franca in the East is Igbo? Many Ijaws speak Igbo.

And you Yoruba dare to claim Delta State even though there is a large Igbo population living there. The nerve of you! angry
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Abagworo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ezeuche i warned you and you fell for his trap.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by One11: 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2010
Becomrrich:

how can bayelsa state be igboland. This is Isaac boro, how many igbo people did he kill. tell me the number, how does over 3000 sound to you.

Bayelsa is in Biafra, he didnt say its in Igboland genious!, Is Isaac Boro Yoruba or from oduduwa? No. was he killed by Yorubas? Yes. Were the Igbo the cause of the Odi massacre? No. Were the Yoruba? Yes

Tit for Tat  grin  grin
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by udezue(m): 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2010
Dede1:

I can't help it but agree with Dede1. I'm sick and tired of the Ijo linking every bit of their struggle and quest for equity to oil. Infact I'm begining to see them to be just as oil drunk and dependent as our unproductive Hausa-Fulani northerners. The only difference is that the north has no oil, are destroying our region and are a bunch religious freaks. If Ijo people want justice I am all for it. I am in full of support Jonathan getting sworn because according to the constitution by now he should be the President. It seems to me that the Ijo leadership is still as gullible and politically naive as they were before and after the Biafra civil war. Oil should not be used as a way to compensate for any injustice. Ijo should join others and liberate our region with or without oil. Those oil piplenine leading to Kaduna by now should have been blown to pieces of the Ijo are really serious. TALK TALK NO ACTION. It oil that led many of them to betray Biafra coz the North promised them heaven and earth if they sell their land where the oil is found. Oil is in Igbo land, Efik-Ibibio land, Ogoni land yet we don't hear so much noise about it. The Ijo like other poeple in our region deserve justice and liberation but oil shouldn't be the motivation.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by presido1: 6:59pm On Jan 26, 2010
Is Jonathan Ebele Goodluck from Ijaw?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by safeact(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Thats d point! I watched former president Shehu Shagari on tv saying Nigeria should exercise more patience 4 d absent president to come back! My blood is boiling as i write dis, come 2think of it, have they not done enough damages to d country and dis fool is still saying that we should wait till 2011, yes that is d game so that they will hold onto power till d next election. They dont care what happens to d image of d fu cking country. If we continue 2 keep quite,it means we are fools. I repeat POWERS ARE NOT GIVEN, IT IS TAKEN! ijaw people should see dis as their fight to win, use every misiles at their disposal including dynamite 2 fight dis war,then others will follow else d powers that be can never see and allow Jonathan act. D best thing 4 Igbos at d helm of affairs is to follow d part of honour to vindicate themselves of d current bad trends rooming around them else they will worth nothing afterwards. Imagine what Ojo maduekwe did 2day in Newyork. I rest my case.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Ibime(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
udezue:

I can't help it but agree with Dede1. I'm sick and tired of the Ijo linking every bit of their struggle and quest for equity to oil. Infact I'm begining to see them to be just as oil drunk and dependent as our unproductive Hausa-Fulani northerners. The only difference is that the north has no oil, are destroying our region and are a bunch religious freaks. If Ijo people want justice I am all for it. I am in full of support Jonathan getting sworn because according to the constitution by now he should be the President. It seems to me that the Ijo leadership is still as gullible and politically naive as they were before and after the Biafra civil war. Oil should not be used as a way to compensate for any injustice. Ijo should join others and liberate our region with or without oil. Those oil piplenine leading to Kaduna by now should have been blown to pieces of the Ijo are really serious. TALK TALK NO ACTION. It oil that led many of them to betray Biafra coz the North promised them heaven and earth if they sell their land where the oil is found. Oil is in Igbo land, Efik-Ibibio land, Ogoni land yet we don't hear so much noise about it. The Ijo like other poeple in our region deserve justice and liberation but oil shouldn't be the motivation.

You have made emotional points here, not logical ones.

The premise of the IYC's statement is simple. . . . why milk the region if you dont treat the region as equals under law?

Even an Hausa man made the same statement at the march organised by Wole Soyinka et al.

So quit the jagbajantis.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by edoyad(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2010
I swear if this ijaw boys don't force Jonathan in Aso rock your children will not forgive you. Ikwere what are you waiting for ? With the money available in th south south you can buy enough explosives to blow up half of West Africa from eastern europe- Ukraine, Bulgaria, Belarus etc. You can bring the ammunition in through Cameroun and that would suffice to bring them to their senses, shey goats wants to rule Nigeria from Saudi abi ? Let's see how attractive country without oil will be to almajiri
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by udezue(m): 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2010
Ibime,
you are the one lacking any atom of logic. The Ijo should simply make up their mind. One day its all good the next day its not. This issue has nothing to do with oil but the Northern attitude towards our people. Like I said they should by now have blown up oil installations leading to Kaduna. Swearing in of Goodluck or not should not stop them from pursuing autonomy.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by abadaba(m): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2010
edoyad:

I swear if this ijaw boys don't force Jonathan in Aso rock your children will not forgive you. Ikwere what are you waiting for ? With the money available in th south south you can buy enough explosives to blow up half of West Africa from eastern europe- Ukraine, Bulgaria, Belarus etc. You can bring the ammunition in through Cameroun and that would suffice to bring them to their senses, shey goats wants to rule Nigeria from Saudi abi ? Let's see how attractive country without oil will be to almajiri
Wetin concern Ikwere hia. Please do not associate the Ikwerre people with militancy. The Ikwerre just like their Igbo kins are peace loving people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

288 Jailed For Internet Fraud - EFCC / When Did Umaru Musa Yaradua Really Die ? / "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.