Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) (30590 Views)

Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) / Three Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Abia State / Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Olasco93: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
agitator:
[s]I suspect this sufferscated scull miners, na only dem waka come?

Why na only for brownroof republic house dey collapse everytime? Onitsha and Aba, na so so storey buildings dey there and no one don collapse, even the new ones dem dey build. [/s]
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by sulaimon22: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
MykOnyxo:

Werey Omo Potopoto Developers ni jare
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Akinaukwa: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Very unfortunate when human beings indirectly turn themselves to murderers cos of the quest to get rich quick through provision of poor quality materials for projects like this.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by adekorlar(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
R.I.P
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by YaksonFCA(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
That is bad. RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by d33types: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
einsteino:
sometimes I wish the buildings are already inhabited by the clients before it collapses. They are the guilty ones, yet poor labourers fending for their daily bread end up being the casualties.

I hope you know that most persons don't don't build their personal houses which they will stay ,with inferior products?
They only build the ones for rent like that.and the innocent people suffer death.

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Tedassie(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:
I hope those stuck inside are rescued.

This re-occurrence of collapsing buildings is worrisome. What is happening to our standards organisations?

Imagine if the building had been completed with people living inside.
Well...There are already fatalities in this case
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by jeftalene(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
www.engineerosaz..com is where you find latest prices of all building materials in Nigeria and many more site xpo.

Check it out. Its free!
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by knight(m): 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
MediumStout:
cheesy grin

Hahahaha maybe the building was built on Afonja grave

How this story ever elicited humor in you baffles me. Did you not read that lives were lost? I mean, you sacrificed empathy and humanity for a cheap joke. I would be nervous if I knew you personally and won't be calm till you have undergone proper psychiatric evaluation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by ephi321(f): 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
Tedassie:

Well...There are already fatalities in this case
embarassed
Then the next step should be prosecution of whoever is leading that project. The lawlessness in this country needs to stop.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Samadhii(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
Why? Just near my school fah
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by einsteino(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
d33types:

I hope you know that most persons don't don't build their personal houses which they will stay ,with inferior products?
They only build the ones for rent like that.and the innocent people suffer death.

There has to be a hell. such wickedness can not go unpunished.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Jabioro: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
agitator:
I suspect this sufferscated scull miners, na only dem waka come?

Why na only for brownroof republic house dey collapse everytime? Onitsha and Aba, na so so storey buildings dey there and no one don collapse, even the new ones dem dey build. angry angry angry
You are not serious.. Must you displayed your extreme biggot...
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Tedassie(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:

embarassed
Then the next step should be prosecution of whoever is leading that project. The lawlessness in this country needs to stop.
The multiplier effect of corrupt practises is our own undoing,and government tends to be reactive to things like this rather than proactive...i just tire
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by ErepaTV: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Wow!
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by saniSAGE(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
stella maris, close to UNILORIN gate? not surprised though. all buildings there were without proper supervision

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by don4real18(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
I'm very experienced in construction but been out of job for a month and a week..
Any construction firm in need of a site engineer/project manager should mail me on wahabbello18@gmail.com or dcityconstruction@gmail.com
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by buchilino(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
agitator:

Why na only for brownroof republic house dey collapse everytime? Onitsha and Aba, na so so storey buildings dey there and no one don collapse, even the new ones dem dey build. angry angry angry

MY BROTHER BIKO, JUST STOP IT. WHETHER IT HAPPENS IN SE OR SW, IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. LIVES WERE LOST COS OF GREED N WICKEDNESS.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by AntiWailer: 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
einsteino:
I wish the building was already inhabited by the client before it collapsed. They are the guilty ones, yet poor ignorant labourers fending for their daily bread end up being the casualties. Truth is, its a miracle that buildings dont collapse everyday in this country. Too much sharp practice and lack of professionalism and regulation.

As a professional when you advice the client and stick to ethics, he would say you are too headstrong and goes ahead to hire someone who would do his bidding. No one wants the right thing done, not even govt, they only want to save cost. I wouldnt be surprised if the person handling this project isnt even educated let alone an Engr.

Isnt their fault sha, afterall Nigerian society of engrs thinks itself a Social club rather than a professional body, while COREN has abandoned regulation and faced registeration of engrs that have lost their pofession to quacks.

And u claim to be an Engineer ?

Building should collapse on the Client ?

That is the most ridiculously senseless thing I have read in recent times.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by ephi321(f): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Tedassie:

The multiplier effect of corrupt practises is our own undoing,and government tends to be reactive to things like this rather than proactive...i just tire

Infact, me sef tire. I can't count the number of collapsed buildings we've had this year alone. If a person can't be safe right inside their house, then there's a real problem.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by einsteino(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
AntiWailer:

in saner climes you would go to jail for daring to slaughter people in the name of saving cost. I stand by what I said. if a client shuns professional advice and goes ahead to take needless risk, if his building must collapse, it should be on him. Since we are unlucky to live in a country where people can get away with all sorts of wickedness, i have no choice than to wish such a client karma. This is manslaughter if you dont know, stop being emotional. those labourers have families and they lost their lives over an idiot trying to save a few hundred thousand. Not different from selling fake drugs.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
ajalawole:
I think the rain for the past 3day here in ilorin cause it.............................. Soo sad. Rip to the dead sad

Not due to rain because if so then ALL the other buildings that rain fell on should have collapsed too.

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
AntiWailer:

Not the same thing but rich slumlords have been sentenced to live in their rented out slums before.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by talk2saintify(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
hardeywhale2:
The way GTBank female staffs talk about Opening of
Account is so sexual .
They will be lyk “I will open it for you and you will put
something inside ”

Sorry but how is that connected to the collapsed building
na wa o

Check my signature on how to earn additional income as a Bulk SMS Reseller
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by LoveJesus87(m): 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
hardeywhale2:
The way GTBank female staffs talk about Opening of
Account is so sexual .
They will be lyk “I will open it for you and you will put
something inside ”
You dey mad o. E-diot grin
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by heybee72(m): 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Stella marris?... I'm sure it's been built for the school student.. Don't even know whether to say thank God it collapsed now... Or God punish those who put hand together to do something sub-standard

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by obivictor(m): 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
agitator:

Kikikikiki!!!!
U don dey fin trouble oo
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by talk2saintify(m): 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
502 Error

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
RIP to the victims
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by hardeywhale2: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
angelbulksms:

Sorry but how is that connected to the collapsed building
na wa o

Check my signature on how to earn additional income as a Bulk SMS Reseller

Okay lemme contribute naw.....

Most builder ignore the importance of structural engineers.....the beam/column arrangement is faulty, the ratio of concrete is poor......reinforcement prescription and detailn z bad.....I can see a floating beam without support......pls always design ur building structure by a registered NiStuctE or Coren b4 building .....some architect believe structural design is irrelevant......this is the result of No or poor structural design

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) by TheMainMan: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
dts a school hostel shocked shocked shocked..... ma mind was telln me that building is being built with sub standard materials

dont trust any building built doing ds recession....

rip to the dead....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much To Plaster This Bungalow / Building Behind Zenith Bank In Lekki Currently On Fire (Photos) / The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.