Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana (3669 Views)

Yorubas Wants Igbo To Be The Next President (screenshot) / APC Govt Has Turned Nigeria To Banana Republic Says Falana / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
The man who wants Igbo to leave the north lives in Lagos, says Falana

JUNE 22, 2017

BY YEKEEN AKINWALE
Femi Falana

Femi Falana, lawyer and human rights activist, says it is wrong for Shettima Yerima, President of Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), to be issuing quit notice to south-easterners resident in the north when he does not live in the north but in Lagos.

“Please, information is very crucial to all of us and I want to say this publicly; the man who is giving quit notice does not live in the north, he lives in Lagos,” Falana said in Abuja on Thursday at a press conference organised by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) on recent divisive statements in the country.

“Yerima lives in Lagos, he is a Lagos man. So to stay in Lagos and be giving quit notice is not the answer.”

He urged Nigerians to stop following those who want to divide the country, saying: “We have to look at those things that tie us together and not those that the ruling class are using to divide our people.”

Falana, who went down the memory lane to relive the killing of four students of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria by the police on May 26, 1986, during the regime of Ibrahim Babangida, former military president, said that late Chima Ubani, an Igbo student, led a protest against the killing at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

He recalled that the comments by Ango Abdullahi, who was then the Vice Chancellor of the university, that only four students were killed, angered Nigerians and sparked protest across campuses of universities in the country.

Read this also: Indonesian firm to build 10,000-bpd refinery in Nigeria
“The boy who led that protest was late Chima Ubani. What happened? The state did not like the fact that there was a national protest against the killing of students of ABU. What did the government do?

“They didn’t arrest students in the north; they didn’t arrest people who were demonstrating in the west, the Babangida regime went for Chima Ubani and arraigned him and eight of his colleagues under the military decree that required that they were sentenced to death.

“I left Lagos and went to Enugu to defend those men. We got them freed. When they returned to campus, the vice chancellor expelled them; again, I went to court and got them.

“This is important, a Hausa vice chancellor invited police and they killed young Hausa people, four of them and Nigerians protested. An Igbo man led that protest in the east against injustice. A Yoruba lawyer in the west went to free them; there are lawyers in the east. We have to look at those things that tie us together and not those that the ruling class is using to divide our people.”

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by MonitorinSpirit(m): 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
shebi landlord fit send quit notice regardless of where him dey. the only way to stop a quit notice is to pay ya rent, that's all. stop making noise.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by nototribalist: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
Buhari must die period

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by xtgozie(m): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
You too lie

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by xtgozie(m): 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
MonitorinSpirit:
shebi landlord fit send quit notice regardless of where him dey. the only way to stop a quit notice is to pay ya rent, that's all. stop making noise.

Pooooo

2 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by muykem: 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Falana is too intelligent. He always arm himself with undeniable facts.

5 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by EmeeNaka: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
That Man, Ango Abdullahi, is a fool forever

3 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by shukuokukobambi: 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by CHIJIOKE1314: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Falana thank you, but no thanks to you!
The quit notice was issued and we welcome it if only they grant referendum before we eventually quits..

Anything short of that would be a waste of his time..

Igbos are ready for ANY outcome and we are not relenting on our demands for freedom.

You hear?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by vedaxcool(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Isn't it the same falana ipob yoots love to hate? Why are ipob yoota so myopic in their outlook to life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by vedaxcool(m): 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
[s]
CHIJIOKE1314:
Falana thank you, but no thanks to you!
The quit notice was issued and we welcome it if only they grant referendum before we eventually quits..

Anything short of that would be a waste of his time..

Igbos are ready for ANY outcome and we are not relenting on our demands for freedom.

You hear?
[/s]

ipob is defined as when your envious village brothers want secession simply to make you loose your property and join them in being broke.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by capatainrambo: 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
e don Tey wey ango abdulahi dey craze dey come

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by Toosure70: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Please afonja, don't change o just continue defending your senseless flat headed brothers. God will reward you.

4 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by capatainrambo: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

ipob is defined as when your envious village brothers want secession simply to make you loose your property and join them in being broke.
unity begger puuuuulllease stop talking

13 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by reptile1: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
No time for too much talk. I'm patiently waiting for October 1st.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by CHIJIOKE1314: 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Have you finished?

Your sorrow is still in gear one..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by feelgoodInc: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
reptile1:
No time for too much talk. I'm patiently waiting for October 1st.
what will you do on October 1st.
you think shao Khan will be here to help you?

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by vedaxcool(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
capatainrambo:
unity begger puuuuulllease stop talking

Hate begger please stop trying hard to look smart

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by vedaxcool(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
[s]
CHIJIOKE1314:

Have you finished?

Your sorrow is still in gear one..
[/s]

vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by reptile1: 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
feelgoodInc:

U know the drill.

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by feelgoodInc: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
reptile1:

U know the drill.
which drill, you don't even have an acid in your saliva, you're here making noise
Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by reptile1: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
feelgoodInc:

you think shao Khan will be here to help you?

Till then

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by reptile1: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
feelgoodInc:

which drill, you don't even have an acid in your saliva, you're here making noise

No wahala. U go know how far when the time reach
Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by zombieHUNTER: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
Funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
is that all you have to say.... Wont you also give him a quit notice... Dont let them know you are a certified coward... Opps you cant..cheesy
Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by zombieHUNTER: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
reptile1:

Till then
wetin you go do... Talk am make we hear..., if not.. Park one side jare
Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by capatainrambo: 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
vedaxcool:

Hate begger please stop trying hard to look smart
see this small boy. no time for you abeg

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ango Abdullahi has always been a miscreant. I'm not surprise with the type of Professor the north churns out..

2 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
*My aunty again*

My aunty always pick a quarrel with me, she doesn't know how bad i can be.
I changed my name on my Instagram to “Your village people" then i followed her. The notification now read, "Your village people is now following you" on Instagram

Since morning, she has been drinking anointing oil, she has finished 5bottles already

*should i tell her?*...

3 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by TheKingIsHere: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
where is lalasticlala sef
Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by APCsupporter: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
EmeeNaka:
That Man, Ango Abdullahi, is a fool forever

while namdi cownu forever remains a bastard

3 Likes

Re: The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana by shukuokukobambi: 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
is that all you have to say.... Wont you also give him a quit notice...

I would have if he was staying in Aba or Umuahia and if i was an OSU cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church / Lockdown Relief Cash Only Seen Sharing In The Northern Nigeria , It Is Well. / Historical Yorubaland: The Ibadan - Ijaiye War.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.