Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,963 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? (23489 Views)

How To Be Safe In Your Hotel When You Fly To A Foreign Country / Dana Air Recruits, Trains More Nigerian Pilots…introduces Special Services Unit / 9 Must Know Tips To Help You Fly Like A Pro For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by danidee10(m): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
wintersnow:
Last time I took first class to Germany it was fun...
There's a platform, where you'll see strippers, cold wine,
Its so convenient, there's also a small supermarket, it depends on the airliner sha...what I love most is the fact that you'll get to your destination before other passengers grin
grin

Lol thunder go fire u.....lol grin
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by wintersnow(m): 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Afam4eva:

If lie no kill you, i don't know what will...

WOMAN grin
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by hardbody: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Nothing special, just for dudes who have too much money to throw around feeling special.

Instead of sitting in 3s, you sit in 2s, not as if there aren't sufficient space in 3s. During checking in, you are given priority, nothing more.

Same aircraft, same take-off, same landing, no remarkable difference.

Except sometimes, you have a screen directly in your front and under your control, but some aircrafts have that facility for all passengers onboard.

So, wtf.

You have more choice on what's on offer for eating and drinking and the next person will almost likely strike a conversation in the hope you will provide a business opportunity and interface. Now I hate the later. Can't one just fly in peace and sleep when you want to
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by hardbody: 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
LifeCoachAndre:

You can't make assumptions for an experience you have never had. Observations is very different from experience. The 1st class experience varies from one airline to another, it's not just the number of seats per row. Some 1st class experience includes full length bed space for long flights, assorted food and drinks, VIP lounge etc

Dead right.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Airforce52: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
On International airlines you receive three course meals or on some like Etihad you have A LA carte which means dine on demand at any time then before the flight you have access to a lounge and the First class you have some things made on board for Example in Lufthansa I saw them making eggs on board and the seats convert into beds and are in a 1-1-1 configuration unlike econy that is in 3-4-3 or 3-5-3 depending on aircraft. I hope this helps
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by ExInferis(m): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
This.

1. First class

2. Economy.

Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Explorers(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ishilove:
Uboma darling, do I know where the airport is talk more of boarding a plane? grin cheesy

Lol...
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by tiger28: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
Economy gives you this cheap plastic headphones. In first class, it's premium headphones. You have an array of different cuisines from around the world and drinks are endless. The hostess are extra extra nice to you .
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by magicminister: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
Business clas on international flights comes with a lot of perks.

1- roomy seats
2- excellent food and you can even request your chef to make you something you like as long as it's on the menu.
2.1- exotic champagnes.
3- priority check-in and check-out which saves time.

They so many.

2 Likes

Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
On Etihad they greet you with champagne in a champagne glass not plastic cup and you get free refills the seat is so comfortable like a bed and the leg room is good.

No noise like economy you can sleep well and they will wake you to eat that's the main difference for me o

Overall I will still pay economy but enter the lounge somehow if my layover is long. Business Class the lounge is free and the food and drinks are endless they greet you by name and the flight and entertainment plus noise canceling headphones is nice.

My parents always went Business and we just disappeared into the back but often mum will come and share a cake or two I always wondered how she was able to ... in business plenty for there so much you can even share with us in the back
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Before boarding.....you are.afforded a special lounge that is tranquil than the busy economy class. Then the food is cooked on spot as opposed to frozen or warmed meals tjat are serves to the economy users. 1st class has top-notch devices......two per sit as opposed to three, cushioned pillows and all.... cutlery is the real deal as opposed to plasticware.

I suggest you use it having a more than 15hours flight, otherwise economy is the way to go.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by sugarboyita(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
If the plane crashes, people in the business class will not die

1 Like

Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by iamjames2222: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
MadCow1:
Comfort.. That's the primary advantage.

Bigger seats, more leg room, access to an arm rest, more access to a hostess and better meal.

On the international flights it gets even better. You get priority check in, access to a lounge to wait for your flight where you get served a meal and drinks for free. Full recliner seats (your seat stretches fully and you can sleep like you are on a bed). Access to a bar from take off to landing. Depending on the Aircraft, you may even get access to a bathroom on board to freshen up before landing and exiting the plane. The toilets are cleaner and you even get privacy on some aircrafts. On transit you get access to a VIP lounge stocked with drinks and food for free. On some flights access to the Internet as well. On arrival, you get to disembark first and also get premium access to Immigration at some airports even your luggage comes out first..

Yes everyone will land at the same time but the comfort and experience of the ride enjoyed is very different.

If I can afford it, I will always rather be in first class or business class than be in Economy. Bad as easy bad I will settle for premium economy.

If you can't afford a private jet, first class is the next best thing.

this is the most reasonable comment, not all this broke ass who are saying its about arriving the same time, trust me when you have money your perspective to life will change.

2 Likes

Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by lakeside3020(m): 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
First Class very good, hospitality treat, comfort and you meet high placed people that you will exchange cards, many people have been connected in high places through flying first class

It worth it
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by megama: 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Nothing special, just for dudes who have too much money to throw around feeling special.

Instead of sitting in 3s, you sit in 2s, not as if there aren't sufficient space in 3s. During checking in, you are given priority, nothing more.

Except sometimes, you have a screen directly in your front and under your control, but some aircrafts have that facility for all passengers onboard.

So, wtf.
very wrong your opinion, something more than special, ranging from 1.food menu
2.entertainment.
3.refreshment
4.relaxation.
5.special privileges.
Lots more. The cost worth the spending..except you haven't tested it.
I for one have border both first and busines. On emirates. Superb treatment. Mind first and business classes are meant for frequent flyers. While economy is meant for occasional flyers. it seems the cost is expensive, but in actual calculation it's cheap. For frequent flyer only.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nothing so special, truth be told, waste of money. I only ever went on first class when my company was paying, (I go economy when I am paying). Mostly insignificant perks, a little better leg room, a little better (hot) food and drink (you can get extras), more smiles, and attention, an amenity kit if you are going on an overnight flight with perfume and stuff. The only thing I found useful was the priority given at check-in, no queues for you, and a more serene environment (you rarely see kids in biz class). Some airlines (eg Qatar, Emirates) have lounges only for first class passengers (but not in Nigeria). I do not know much about business class, but I imagine a few less perks. Still probably not worth it.

Economically however, there is no sense in travelling either first class or biz class. It is all shakara.

Oh, and you do cross the border a few milliseconds ahead of economy passengers (being at the front of the plane).
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by doskie(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
LionDeLeo:

So, wtf.
i used to think the snacks will be different. funny enough we pass first class cabin while going to look for our seat in economy. i usually see quiet northerners there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by doskie(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
Afam4eva:
I don't know what they enjoy in First Class and I don't care to know. If they even had attachment, I'll downgrade myself from economy sharp sharp. My own is to reach my destination.
it may not necessarily be a thing of choice oh. you may have a business proposal that you will miss out if you are not in that state within two hours, if economy is full already, you may just close eyes like my nigga and board the first class bearing in mind what you stand to gain from the business if it works
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Ifeshyne(f): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
This one time I flew business class (courtesy of my organisation) with dana.Checking in is easy, you don't queue just show them your ticket and they'll open one red carpet kinda partition. Though you still queue like everyone else when getting screened/searched. When your flight starts boarding, you just go straight to the front and show your id and boarding pass without joining the annoying boarding queue.
The flight was a 7:00am flight so it was packed full, even business class, there was only one free seat. I drank like 2 cups of coffee that morning in my hotel room, so I was just going to pee anyhow (perk: I was closer to the toilet and didn't have to walk all the way down the aisle).
The first thing they'll ask before the plane even takes off is if you'll like to take anything. Time for food, curtains are drawn, the air host/hostess comes to take your order. I had moin-moin + plantain + fish stew + coffee and then they added bread, fruit salad, cream, biscuit, sweet, juice and water.
When the plane landed, we came out first, I guess my luggage also came out earlier as well.

1 Like

Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by gidjah(m): 8:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
hmmm,mmm, i have Been part of a high level federal delegate to some nations of the world. was in the company of them big profs and doctors ,.... but we all flew economy, wanted to have a taste of that distinction class!!! but dem no green me , had to respect my self .but of a serious note me think they offer them some fresh juice and wines which would not go round to those in d economy class.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Ajinoride(m): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
MadCow1:
Comfort.. That's the primary advantage.

Bigger seats, more leg room, access to an arm rest, more access to a hostess and better meal.

On the international flights it gets even better. You get priority check in, access to a lounge to wait for your flight where you get served a meal and drinks for free. Full recliner seats (your seat stretches fully and you can sleep like you are on a bed). Access to a bar from take off to landing. Depending on the Aircraft, you may even get access to a bathroom on board to freshen up before landing and exiting the plane. The toilets are cleaner and you even get privacy on some aircrafts. On transit you get access to a VIP lounge stocked with drinks and food for free. On some flights access to the Internet as well. On arrival, you get to disembark first and also get premium access to Immigration at some airports even your luggage comes out first..

Yes everyone will land at the same time but the comfort and experience of the ride enjoyed is very different.

If I can afford it, I will always rather be in first class or business class than be in Economy. Bad as easy bad I will settle for premium economy.

If you can't afford a private jet, first class is the next best thing.

you are on point. Airfrance is the best. can't forget the experience.(though my boss paid for it).
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by uboma(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
dustydee:

Never flown Business class myself but a colleague did (London to Abu Dhabi).
1. He had access to the executive lounge at the airport with free drinks and food plus massage.
2. He was dropped off at the Hotel in Abu Dhabi by a Limousine.
3. More leg room and priority service before boarding, after boarding and when you arrive.
4. In flight food is better than economy (Variety, quantity and quality) - For first class some airlines have a chef onboard who will cook the food for you.
5. More air miles.
6. More baggage allowance
7. etc.

--------------------------------
For first class the benefits are even better than those listed above including shower facilities, bed so you can lie down and other complimentary services.

If I am paying, then Business class will do (can't afford it for now) but won't mind 1st class if my company is paying.

thank you for sharing this.

I am impressed at points 1, 2 and 4.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
crunchyg:

You have never been on a plane, but you can wear tear tear jeens
Yes.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by bid4rich(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
wintersnow:
Last time I took first class to Germany it was fun...
There's a platform, where you'll see strippers, cold wine,
Its so convenient, there's also a small supermarket, it depends on the airliner sha...what I love most is the fact that you'll get to your destination before other passengers grin
grin

This guy, you kolo small no be joke.

Na your spirit go reach destination before others or what? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by steve13(m): 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
The difference between is much...Very nice cabin assistant, you can sleep like a baby ...food as you like , excellent priority boarding and disembark, bigger and better lavatory, I was flying long haul to Lagos , arrival was 1pm, I had a meeting 4pm in Lekki,
I made it to the meeting and no one knew I just did 19hrs flight , slept and rested well on board .

If you do business just once , you will always be depressed flying economy...
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by NwaliE01: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
Exactly, 30th April, I fly Mama peace from Lagos to Abuja. About 30minute into the journey, we experienced a serious dang graft that made a woman from the First Class to shout Jesus.
I was like sho!!! I thought they were specially immune from crash.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE I SEE, between First Class and economy is the cotton that separate them, the news paper they gave them and a can of malt. other things remain same.
My Opinion though. �
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by uboma(m): 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
westlife79:
The difference is 100percent yard. on emirates flight you get to take shower thou it is not apply to flight flights coming and going out of nigeria but, i know sure there are flights who provide such service. have you drank ,Dom Perignon Champagne before? you will have the oppotunity if your uncle buys you a business class ticket. you get best dishes on board, your blancket is the best....etc. I work with airline and i know what am talking about..pray to get the treatment one day.

thank you for sharing this.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by uboma(m): 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
safetyInspector:
Nothing so special about first/business class for local flight. I am about boarding Airpeace business class from Lagos to Calabar, I booked it not because of special status but because of my luggage. I am travelling with 42kg outside hand luggage. To me it doesn't make sense paying for excess luggage of 22kg which is near the cost of business class. Business class luggage allowance is 40kg while economy class is 20kg

Your point is well noted.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by uboma(m): 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
thanks for sharing your experience @ AgentOfAllah

hopefully we may fly Qatar Airline someday

lol
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by uboma(m): 11:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
room089:
For now na GUO land transport I dey fly; I never even smell God is good not to talk about eyeing ABC.

Na small small; with God on my side I'll get there!

You will surely get there bro.
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by uboma(m): 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
room089:

Baba thanks for this insight; I do appreciate. I'll definitely look into it. After all those boarding flights don't have two heads! grin

lol.

that's the spirit!
Re: What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? by uboma(m): 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
ExInferis:
This.
1. First class
2. Economy.

the difference is clear on Emirates.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flood: Owutu-ishawo Ikorodu Residents Cry Out As Flood Takes Over Their Houses / To Move Back From America Or Not... / French Embassy In Lagos Sells Visas To The Highest Bidders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.