Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Advice Needed By A Nairalander - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advice Needed By A Nairalander (530 Views)

15 Years Old Son Masturbating... Advice Needed By A Single Dad!!! / Distributors Needed By Teco Motors / Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed By A Nairalander by Goldeno(m): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello nairalanders.
I want to know if it is posible for a person to change his temperament because I definately want to change mine.
So here are my problems:
1: Ifinde it nearly imposible too start conversations or even sustain a coversation started by someone.
this afecting me badly as it is making me feel drawn away and isolated.

2: i am drawn away from my family becose of my lack of communication
3: I find it dificult to make friends and keep ones I had (thats for friends I made by chance).
4: I feel dull and lacked confidence
5: And most times I feel mentally exusted becos I thinkg too much almost about every little thing before doing it (like my next foot step, my next swallow, and things as little as saying hello to a friend)

please i need your hornest and sincere practicable advices
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
Sorry about your situation.

Are you a teenager?

Are you facing any form of difficulties presently?

Same thing happens to me most times, but I know it is a phase because of the tasking nature of my job.

As an introvert, I also feel the same way sometimes. I advise you should find a real pal that you can talk with; not about your problems, but just about life in general and laugh over it.

I also recommend that you download lots of comedy videos on your phone or laptop. Whenever you feel such way, just play any of them and laugh so hard.

Trust me, you will feel better after a while. Repeat the process using different methods. (Gym, playing songs, eating or -------- wink)
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by Epositive(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
research on "how to step out of your comfort zone" and "bipolar disorder"..

you're welcome smiley #positivevibes
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
Sorry about your situation and your English
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Sorry about your situation and your English

I don't know if Buhari left to London with your common sense?

Just find someone to borrow you some, please!

You will be alright
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I don't know if Buhari left to London with your common sense?

Just find someone to borrow you some, please!

You will be alright
Another Bush boy just landed
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by Afonjashapmouth: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ok let's start from here. If you do drugs then it's time to take a chill, if you don't then you probably have some shortcomings you are dealing with and this alone can make any human always tensed up, feel insecure, sentimental or pick offences easily on any matter. You need to learn about the counting technique, before you say a word count to a comfortable number to think it through then talk (I was able to control my temper with this) see the positive sides of things instead of channeling your energy to the -ve. Finally check your circle of friends to see if they r giving you the positive vibe or not. Discover your creativity side, this might help you develop your sense of confidence too. My opinion.
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Another Bush boy just landed
OK...

Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by joyAA(f): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
This used to be
Well, I still have a lot of those traits

First things first, appreciate yourself. Love who you are, ain't nobody gonna do that for ya

Take it sssllloowwww, don't expect to become the life of the party like yesterday. It takes time.

Try with small groups of people, say the unit you fxn in at church, or your department folks at work

Try to get to know them, without intruding, this is a skill you get to master with time and gain confidence in front of people
As for 4&5 start by just accepting that you are intelligent. Just tell yourself and 'know' it
Then read!!!!!!!!!!
Consume books voraciously!
Hard copy or soft copy alike
I'm inbtw jobs ATM I've exhausted my stash of books so now I turn to the internet.
I read up on sooooo many things
Also politics, read about political issues around the word. Keyword: around the world
Don't limit yourself to Nigeria or football hooliganism

With these few jumbled points of mine.... grin
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by Goldeno(m): 5:11am On Jun 23, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Sorry about your situation.

Are you a teenager?

Are you facing any form of difficulties presently?

Same thing happens to me most times, but I know it is a phase because of the tasking nature of my job.

As an introvert, I also feel the same way sometimes. I advise you should find a real pal that you can talk with; not about your problems, but just about life in general and laugh over it.

I also recommend that you download lots of comedy videos on your phone or laptop. Whenever you feel such way, just play any of them and laugh so hard.

Trust me, you will feel better after a while. Repeat the process using different methods. (Gym, playing songs, eating or -------- wink)
Thanks
Re: Advice Needed By A Nairalander by Goldeno(m): 5:15am On Jun 23, 2017
Thank you guys for your advice.

(1) (Reply)

Unknown And Interesting Fact You Need To Know / Mistake Most People Make With This Word / Music : Runtown – Talk For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.