Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,277 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers (3083 Views)

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 50 Broilers From A Day Old To 6 Weeks / Need Anything From AMO Farm. / Buy Agushi Direct From Farmers In Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Please I would like to know which other farms in the south west Nigeria is also into processing and dressing of broilers for meat purposes

Thanks

Mod please help me push this to front page so that people with idea can reply me .... I beg you in Jesus name

Seun , lalasticlala,mydnn

Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by shakyriri: 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
Get a chicken Plucker, process them yourself and head out to market.
It's only amo and few individuals around that process.
We process on farm ourself. Buy equipments
Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by Turks: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
Process and sell yourself. The proceeds remain yours. Think about it

1 Like

Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by 3rdavefarms(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Turks:
Process and sell yourself. The proceeds remain yours. Think about it

Thanks so much ... But market survey first ? ...I'm not sure I can combine farming job plus marketing
Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by Turks: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
Exactly. Market yourself. Tell people at and around your office premises. That's how marketing starts. You never know; your major customer might be lurking closer than you know. There's this huge demand for naturally raised birds your know? Birds raised without antibiotics and vaccines. Tap into that resource and watch yourself cut down on expenses as well as grow in the biz.
3rdavefarms:

Thanks so much ... But market survey first ? ...I'm not sure I can combine farming job plus marketing
Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by 3rdavefarms(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
Turks:
Exactly. Market yourself. Tell people at and around your office premises. That's how marketing starts. You never know; your major customer might be lurking closer than you know. There's this huge demand for naturally raised birds your know? Birds raised without antibiotics and vaccines. Tap into that resource and watch yourself cut down on expenses as well as grow in the biz.

Thanks so much .... The journey to the marketing scope starts now
Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by Turks: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
That's the spirit.
3rdavefarms:

Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by dynamix101(m): 12:34am On Jun 25, 2017
3rdavefarms:

Hi...... I just thought to add my thoughts. Broiler farming is like holding a grenade with the pin pulled out; it will explode in seconds if you dont throw it away fast. I dont know what practices you apply in your farm, but by 6-8weeks maxxx, your broilers should attain an average weight of 1.6-2.1kg which is the acceptable weight most slaughtered chicken processors buy i.e eateries. As a result, if you keep your birds longer than that moment they attain that weight, anything u feed them with is a waste and note that they are heavy consumers. Selling them to normal consumers is also a waste because it will take forever to sell plenty birds.

What i will suggest is this, especially for subsequent rearings: at the point when you buy new stock, your marketing starts immediately so that by the end of 8 weeks, you will have a ready market or 12 weeks, if you like. Write proposals to eateries and hotels and reataurants and places you know that deal in chicken. Also talk to individuals you know; church members, family, friends, neighbours, housewives and let them know u rear broilers and they wil be ready in x weeks. By doing this, u will have a ready market before they are mature and save yourself broiler stress.

Success!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers by MERCHANDISER: 2:15am On Oct 29, 2019
3rdavefarms:
Please I would like to know which other farms in the south west Nigeria is also into processing and dressing of broilers for meat purposes

Thanks

Mod please help me push this to front page so that people with idea can reply me .... I beg you in Jesus name

Seun , lalasticlala,mydnn
i would like to work in your farm.
i studied Animal science

(1) (Reply)

Chicken Manure For Sale / Pls Help! My Watermelon Crops Are Dying. / Hybrid Green and Yellow Dwarf Coconut Seedlings For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.