Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship (10368 Views)

2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship / BREAKING:WORTH 500K – APPLY FOR 2016/2017 SHELL (SPDC) UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by adebobconed(m): 12:06am On Jun 23, 2017
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) announces its first Postgraduate Scholarship programme for Nigerians. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
SNEPCo, in partnership with three universities, namely the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Plymouth, will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2017.
2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration and Producing Company (SNEPCo) Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
University of Birmingham
M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
Newcastle University
M.Sc Geotechnical Engineering
University of Plymouth
M.Sc Hydography

Eligibility
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:

Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
Meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 65 in IELTS, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element, or a minimum of C6 grade in English Language in SSCE (WAEC/NECO), or equivalent TOEFL, score valid for Sept 2017 admission)
Be aged below 28 years by 30/09/201 7
Possess a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum Not hove studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
Have a valid Nigerian passport valid to December, 2018
Be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the Nigerian Consultant;
Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the Nigerian Consultant
Be of Nigerian nationality (proof of this will be required)
Currently reside in Nigeria
Be prepared to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study

How to Apply
Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses.
Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission.
Universities will process applications and endorse eligible candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection
Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than 30th June 2017.
Follow the links below to reach participating universities:

University of Birmingham:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/taught/civil-engineering/geotechnical-engineering.aspx
Newcastle University:
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/degrees/geotechnical-engineering-msc/#profile
University of Plymouth:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/msc-hydrography

Note:
The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*

*Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only

Application Deadline 30th June, 2017.

Source: https://joblistnigeria.com/shell-nigeria-exploration-production-company-snepco-postgraduate-scholarship-2017.html

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by ojmaroni247(m): 5:24am On Jun 23, 2017
Na wah
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by MOSICATED5(m): 6:34am On Jun 23, 2017
The age barrier is annoying
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2017
Only for UK citizens, UK permanent residents, Nigerians with big nose. Nigerians related to NDDC, NNPC, Shell top executives, undecided
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Emmyloaded: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2017
Ok
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by liftedhigh: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2017
Nice
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2017
If I flood this thread now! angry
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by hucienda: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2017
All the best to the three eventual awardees.

Hope their probability is high to be employed later on to work on the moster Bonga is.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2017
i will gve this a try.
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Pvin: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2017
saimeritus
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by MrMoney007: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2017
See criteria, Abeg let them continue drilling egg Shell.
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by iCool(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2017
The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
SNEPCo, in partnership with three universities, will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2017.

Eligibility
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:

Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
Meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 65 in IELTS, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element, or a minimum of C6 grade in English Language in SSCE (WAEC/NECO), or equivalent TOEFL, score valid for Sept 2017 admission)
Be aged below 28 years by 30/09/201 7
Possess a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum Not hove studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
Be prepared to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study

Too many restrictions.... undecided I'll let this one pass.
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by engrrichie92(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2017
Keneking:
Only for UK citizens, UK permanent residents, Nigerians with big nose. Nigerians related to NDDC, NNPC, Shell top executives, undecided

PLEASE CHANGE YOUR THIS MENTALITY

IT WILL LIMIT YOUR CHANCES IN LIFE

PS: I considered my previous comment harsh and uncalled for,im sorry
it's just sad and painful when i hear things like that..some of us got to where we are today by hardwork and God's grace
with little or no connections whatsoever
Im really sorry if you saw my previous comment

4 Likes

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2017
engrrichie92:

IF YOU KEEP UP WITH THIS DAMAGING MENTALITY AND NOT GIVES THINGS A TRIAL

YOU WONT MAKE IT IN LIFE AND CONTINUE TO BLAME YOUR MISERABLE LIFE ON BUHARI...

#CHANGE

Useless comment
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by engrrichie92(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2017
Keneking:

Useless comment

lol, you saw it already

im sorry..

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by DollarAngel(m): 9:48am On Jun 23, 2017
THIS HOW I WILL GRAB IT

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Fonereporters: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2017
Nice info .

SEPLAT Nigeria Scholarships and more available here http://www.justscholarshipsinfo.com/posts/seplat-jv-201718-national-undergraduate-scholarship/
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by ephi321(f): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2017
engrrichie92:

lol, you saw it already

im sorry..

You have apologized enough! I get the point you were making.

If people want to sit down and not take opportunities, it's their call. It's a free world afterall.
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by breezy87: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2017
don't let this opportunity pass you by,people has been winning,you too can win

1 Like

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by buffalowings: 10:22am On Jun 23, 2017
Shit I Don pass 28 this June o grin

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by ephi321(f): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2017
buffalowings:
[quote author=ephi

Where did it say you have to graduate in the uk to apply for the programme?
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by buffalowings: 10:25am On Jun 23, 2017
Modified grin
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by ephi321(f): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2017
buffalowings:
Modified grin
cheesy
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by EazyMoh(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2017
I already have five admission offers from four different UK universities, Newcastle Inclusive. but am tired of applying for so many things. It's like PTDF no wan consider us this year.
May give it a try sha.
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by Chukwuka16: 11:04am On Jun 23, 2017
I am really shocked to see people expressing negative comments. If there is any scholarship provider I can vouch for, it's Shell. You will be shocked to know that some companies out there still believe in merit especially in events like this.
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by engrrichie92(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2017
ephi321:

You have apologized enough! I get the point you were making.

If people want to sit down and not take opportunities, it's their call. It's a free world afterall.

well yeah, putting it on a public forum spreads such
mentality..it's a spiral effect, it gets to hunt everyone
one way or another
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by eitsei(m): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2017
cry I hope this scholarship will be available next year by then would have graduated
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by bejite: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
Interesting.

Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by newslifeop: 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ok
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by MRneal(m): 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
iCool:

Too many restrictions.... undecided I'll let this one pass.
. NAWAOH what of poly students

? No level for them.
Re: 2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship by ignis: 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
After applying for the university what next?
Because I can't find shell link there...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Companies Offering International Student Loans To Nigerians / How To Pass Waec Exam In One Sitting / The 2009 GFN-ASUU Agreement Honoured For Strike To End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.