Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps (8005 Views)

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by ThisTrend(f): 3:23am On Jun 23, 2017
Even if you keep your smartphone safe in your pocket or purse, it is still at risk for picking up a virus or leaking data to thieves.

Hackers don’t need physical access to your phone to steal your personal information or infect the device with malware. They infiltrate your phone with innocent-looking apps or link it via unsecured Wi-Fi networks.

However, you can keep hackers from getting the upper hand by taking the following steps to secure your smartphone:

• Step 1
Lock your phone when you are not using it. Set a password and change it regularly to prevent others from guessing it. Lock patterns are an alternative if you have trouble remembering your password. Your phone may also have a facial-recognition lock feature. If this is on, the device unlocks only when the camera detects your face. Voice recognition is another option; with this turned on, your phone needs to hear your voice say a specific word or phrase to unlock.

• Step 2
Activate your phone’s tracker capability, if it has one. If your phone supports this feature, you can see its location on a map and track the device when it moves. If your phone is stolen or lost, use the tracker app to lock it remotely. This makes it harder for hackers to access your data.

• Step 3
Update your phone’s firmware to the most current version. Many phones do this for you automatically, but if you have turned this option off, you will need to download the update manually. You can download the latest update directly from your phone. Alternatively, connect your phone to the computer and launch the software that came with the device. The application will connect to the download Web page and install the firmware on your phone.

• Step 4
Install apps on your phone only if they come from a trusted source, such as the manufacturer’s app store. Most official app stores verify the authenticity of their products, so they are much safer. Before downloading any app, read the description and reviews so you understand what you are getting.

• Step 5
Check an app’s permissions before installing it. If an app requests access to your personal information, do not install it, simply deny the request.

• Step 6
Avoid leaving your phone alone in a public place, such as on a restaurant table or on your office desk. If you must leave the phone, keep it locked and hide it somewhere, such as in a drawer, to prevent theft.

• Step 7
Delete text messages from unknown senders that ask for your information, and avoid clicking links in messages. Some hackers send messages that appear to be from your bank or another trusted source. If you click the link in the message, the hacker can steal your information or install malware on the phone. Do not download apps via text message; this is a common way for hackers to infect your device.

• Step 8
Access the Internet on your phone only from a secure Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi networks that aren’t secure allow nearby hackers to intercept your data when you get online. Don’t do any shopping or banking on a public Wi-Fi network; hackers can swipe your bank account number or other financial information. Instant-messaging and other communications apps may contain security holes that allow hackers to snatch your personal data. If you have access to a cellular network, use it instead of public Wi-Fi.

• Step 9
Protect your phone with an antivirus app. Check your phone’s app store to see what’s available for your device

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/how-to-protect-your-smartphones-from.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Obinoscopy, Fynestboi, honsule, puskin, dragnet

7 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by TheHistorian(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2017
STEP 10

Never use your fingerPrint scanner to secure your phone!

Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Edopesin: 7:45am On Jun 23, 2017
Remember Those Tyms When We Always Wnted To Learn Hw To Hack "2go"

7 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by gebulinks: 7:46am On Jun 23, 2017
OK!
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by lajoshua: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2017
I think you should be more concerned about why they want hack your phone.
Visit http://atomcurve.com/1TCj to see new features of the smartphone you can't do without.
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Homeboiy: 7:56am On Jun 23, 2017
All these things will still not stop me from hacking into ur phone

I will track ur calls n hack ur whatsapp

mtcheew
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by LordDecency(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2017
Avoid la see la click....

Download from reliable sources.

in other words.

3 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Techpaded(f): 8:03am On Jun 23, 2017
nice
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Horlufemi(m): 8:04am On Jun 23, 2017
babadanzo83:
Are you Tired of being scammed by Fake Ponzi schemes.

There are very few Genuine once out there that still Pays well.

Join ROCHEEP TODAY

ITS 4 months old and counting.

Works both on BTC AND NAIRA

TECHNICAL FEATURES
✔Works with USD($/BTC ) and Naira currency
✔Robust servers to hold more than 5 million users.
✔Very Active Customer service.
✔Secured Personal Office against hackers.
✔LIVE CHAT
✔VERIFICATION SYSTEM
✔BLACKPAGE

TRANSACTION FEATURES
✔30% IN 15days for Naira and 50% in 15days for $/BTC
✔10% referral bonus.
✔5% speed bonus
✔5K and $10 registration bonus for Naira and BTC respectively (PH > or = 20k)(June bonus only)

HOW IT WORKS

1. Goto rocheep website and click on register. (sponsor name=rotimi)

2. After registration, verify your email by clicking the sent link in your email inbox/spam folder and Then login to your Dashboard.

3. Click the ledger button. Make a ledger payment. Eg. 5k(N) or $20(BTC). Wait to be matched quickly. Note: Ledger can be paid only once.
Ledger payment is 10% of your intending Ph

4. After Confirmation of Ledger, Click provide help and enter your amount. Note:you can't PH more than 100% OF your ledger fee. Eg. Ledger fee of 5k, you can't PH more than 50k.

5. Wait to be matched and make payment. If there are any task, do it

6. Get Help after 15 days

Repeat step 4 - 6 again.

HURRY NOW AND RECOVER ALL YOUR LOST FUNDS AND BE FINANCIALLY STABLE

Hurry Today

Your IQ must be less than 5

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by J4parry(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2017
It takes more than doing all these to get your phone secured, unless you want to be building the apps and phone you use by yourself, otherwise hackers will always find a loophole if you're their target.
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by generaluthman: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2017
That's good
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 23, 2017
undecided I will find u n I wil hack ur phone ; D ; D
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by DatLagboi(m): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2017
Just buy an iPhone finish
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Noblebrown7(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2017
Ok.
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by davillian(m): 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
ThisTrend:

Even if you keep your smartphone safe in your pocket or purse, it is still at risk for picking up a virus or leaking data to thieves.

Hackers don’t need physical access to your phone to steal your personal information or infect the device with malware. They infiltrate your phone with innocent-looking apps or link it via unsecured Wi-Fi networks.

However, you can keep hackers from getting the upper hand by taking the following steps to secure your smartphone:

• Step 1
Lock your phone when you are not using it. Set a password and change it regularly to prevent others from guessing it. Lock patterns are an alternative if you have trouble remembering your password. Your phone may also have a facial-recognition lock feature. If this is on, the device unlocks only when the camera detects your face. Voice recognition is another option; with this turned on, your phone needs to hear your voice say a specific word or phrase to unlock.

• Step 2
Activate your phone’s tracker capability, if it has one. If your phone supports this feature, you can see its location on a map and track the device when it moves. If your phone is stolen or lost, use the tracker app to lock it remotely. This makes it harder for hackers to access your data.

• Step 3
Update your phone’s firmware to the most current version. Many phones do this for you automatically, but if you have turned this option off, you will need to download the update manually. You can download the latest update directly from your phone. Alternatively, connect your phone to the computer and launch the software that came with the device. The application will connect to the download Web page and install the firmware on your phone.

• Step 4
Install apps on your phone only if they come from a trusted source, such as the manufacturer’s app store. Most official app stores verify the authenticity of their products, so they are much safer. Before downloading any app, read the description and reviews so you understand what you are getting.

• Step 5
Check an app’s permissions before installing it. If an app requests access to your personal information, do not install it, simply deny the request.

• Step 6
Avoid leaving your phone alone in a public place, such as on a restaurant table or on your office desk. If you must leave the phone, keep it locked and hide it somewhere, such as in a drawer, to prevent theft.

• Step 7
Delete text messages from unknown senders that ask for your information, and avoid clicking links in messages. Some hackers send messages that appear to be from your bank or another trusted source. If you click the link in the message, the hacker can steal your information or install malware on the phone. Do not download apps via text message; this is a common way for hackers to infect your device.

• Step 8
Access the Internet on your phone only from a secure Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi networks that aren’t secure allow nearby hackers to intercept your data when you get online. Don’t do any shopping or banking on a public Wi-Fi network; hackers can swipe your bank account number or other financial information. Instant-messaging and other communications apps may contain security holes that allow hackers to snatch your personal data. If you have access to a cellular network, use it instead of public Wi-Fi.

• Step 9
Protect your phone with an antivirus app. Check your phone’s app store to see what’s available for your device

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/how-to-protect-your-smartphones-from.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Obinoscopy, Fynestboi, honsule, puskin, dragnet
I f you use pattern lock I can unlock your phone without software.
If you use numbers I can unlock your phone without software.
If you use finger prints I can unlock your phone without software.
If you use mem card I can steal all your sent images and received images on what's app that you've deleted.
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by lovethchioma(f): 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
davillian:
If you use mem card I can steal all your sent images and received images on what's app that you've deleted.
How will you do it?
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by SUNDICOS(m): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
Chibok amidst boko[color=#990000][/color] haram
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by drey69(m): 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
davillian:
JAGUNLABI OH. Awon ti Anonymous
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by rahl12(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
TheHistorian:
STE P 10
Never use your fingerPrint scanner to secure your phone!
why pls explain more
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by TechPanda(m): 2:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by RapportNaija(m): 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
Very nice OP. I have a similar blog post on How To Prevent Phone from Hackers

Re: How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps by Ennyholar: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nice one OP

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Deactivate An App That Has App Permission To Lock My Phone? / MTN 1GB For 200 Naira Weekly Plan / Do You Guys Noticed Mobile Data War Going On At The Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.