Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says (10287 Views)

Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC / Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by banmee(m): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2017
ephi321:
Population without progress, is that one a population? cheesy

Population with sense is the likes of China and India who have capitalized on their growth figures by educating their populace.

Most populous with nothing tangible to point at. Shame.

Beta pipo na im de bild beta cuntri. Useless pipo deserf useless cuntri.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Timfreds(m): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2017
Something need to be done about nigeria and Africa or else we are heading for doom.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by ephi321(f): 9:48am On Jun 23, 2017
banmee:

Beta pipo na im de bild beta cuntri. Useless pipo deserf useless cuntri.

Na so cheesy Kwarruption will not let us grow in this cuntri

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Phi001(m): 9:49am On Jun 23, 2017
whowhokwara:
Only popular because of crime, when we get our biafra, it will be more popular than the moon in only minutes, we'll develop everywhere even underwater
Do you even know what populous means?

I can bet you just went to comment right after reading the headline...

Meanwhile, we need to take a census in Nigeria...

We've been estimating our population for far too long...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by banmee(m): 9:50am On Jun 23, 2017
ephi321:

Na so cheesy Kwarruption will not let us grow in this cuntri

True that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by DollarAngel(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2017
IN YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by dokunbam(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2017
Just make Nigeria a residential area by then
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Phi001(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2017
whowhokwara:
Only popular because of crime, when we get our biafra, it will be more popular than the moon in only minutes, we'll develop everywhere even underwater.

God bless the land of the rising sun.

Sorry, I don't know what populous means, teach me pls
In very simple English: To be plenty in number.

having a large population

Basically, there will be more persons in Nigeria than USA just before 2050

I don't care whether you're being sarcastic or not...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by BiggyBamBam: 10:08am On Jun 23, 2017
Northerners and Ibos are having a competition on who can populate the country the more grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by whowhokwara: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Phi001:

In very simple English: To be plenty in number.

having a large population

Basically, there will be more persons in Nigeria than USA just before 2050

I don't care whether you're being sarcastic or not...

Thank you very much, English isn't my first language and I don't have enough data to do a Google search on the word.

Thanks again

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by bejeria101(m): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2017
*gives worldcup to nigeria,falls out of thread*
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Abudu2000(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2017
Illiteracy is the main cause of over population. An educated person will understand no real circumstances give birth like rabbit..

It's so disgusting when I see even the most poorest families have nothing to think of but giving birth. And they are so proud of having so many kids but are quick to blame the govt for their misfortunes and woes

Develeped countries like USA and UK don't even need laws coz their citizens already have sence but even if you put some a law on both countrol for Nigeria e no go still work because even the average politicians from the north have at least 3 wives

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Phi001(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2017
whowhokwara:

Thank you very much, English isn't my first language and I don't have enough data to do a Google search on the word.

Thanks again
If you have a brain, act like you have one...

Oh, and quit the sarcasm while you're at it...
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by juman(m): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2017
Ighoga898:

There will always be a country called Nigeria.
But by then majority of our current leaders will b no more, hence a better Nigeria.

Be deceiving yourself.
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Oluvico007(m): 10:36am On Jun 23, 2017
Thats it... Am Pretty sure.. either the purge or the Inferno...go still happen for this world cry cry
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by LoveJesus87(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2017
juman:
By that time there would not be a country by the name "nigeria".

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by juman(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2017
LoveJesus87:
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also say amen to it.
But its the obvious thing.

Most ethnic groups are tired of one nigeria thing.
There should be referendum and all the ethnic groups desire to go out of nigeria be allowed to go.
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by eph12(m): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2017
A law should be signed that nobody must produce more than 2 kids or risk losing the kids to government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by MizSparks(f): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2017
Who e help? angryWho e help?
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2017
cry
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by jakiedudu(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2017
Lets not deceive ourselves with this high population nonsense. Huge population can only be a gold mine if a large percentage of it are educated and productive. Having a big population with a large percentage as illiterates is nothing but a HUGE liability. I will rather have a population of 20 million people with 70% literate than have 170 million with more than 60% illiterates. The reason why Nigeria will collapse very soon is because a large percentage of her population are very unproductive.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Pecca: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2017
mike404:
ALL THANKS TO ALMAJIRI CHILDREN
YOU MEAN: ADULT ALMAJIRIS GIVING BIRTH TO YOUNGER ONES?
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by jakiedudu(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2017
Abudu2000:
Illiteracy is the main cause of over population. An educated person will understand no real circumstances give birth like rabbit..

It's so disgusting when I see even the most poorest families have nothing to think of but giving birth. And they are so proud of having so many kids but are quick to blame the govt for their misfortunes and woes

Develeped countries like USA and UK don't even need laws coz their citizens already have sence but even if you put some a law on both countrol for Nigeria e no go still work because even the average politicians from the north have at least 3 wives
Exactly! Its very appalling to see Nigerians saying high population will make Nigeria great when it is actually doing the opposite. What is the point of having a large population with 70% unproductive and illiterates? And you wonder why smaller African countries like Namibia, Botswana, Rwanda with smaller population are way ahead of Nigeria in REAL developmental indices and infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Michel2013: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2017
big for nothing
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by LoveJesus87(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2017
juman:

I also say amen to it.
But its the obvious thing.

Most ethnic groups are tired of one nigeria thing.
There should be referendum and all the ethnic groups desire to go out of nigeria be allowed to go.
Abi o. Was wondering when it became by force to live together. The bible says can two walk together except they agree? D tin tire me brother.
Individual peace is better than bloody unity
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Pain(m): 11:40am On Jun 23, 2017
Can we cash this @ the bank?
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by RaptorX: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2017
A population bigger than the US but crammed into a geographical space the size of one US state Texas. You think the poverty unemployment and crime is bad now wait until then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by juman(m): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2017
LoveJesus87:
Abi o. Was wondering when it became by force to live together. The bible says can two walk together except they agree? D tin tire me brother.
Individual peace is better than bloody unity

I agree with you.

No ethnic groups should be compelled be stayed in this failed nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by bibe(m): 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
These population increase predictions scare me, I don't know why people see it as a positive, I see it as a disaster waiting to happen.

I believe the root cause of all our problems lie with our unhealthy population growth, it's what breeds all the corruption and crime and it's never an advantage anymore in the present world order where technology and machines have become the mainstay and will continue to be as they are 1000% more efficient.

This is why Africa will continue to lose out on the globalized economy. Cos human labor is expensive and not very efficient hence high cost of production compared to industrialized economies and consequentially import oriented economies #nigeria #africa
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by helphelp: 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
this same naija...
I doubt
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by piagetskinner(m): 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
there should be an embargo on the number of children people give birth to...

the north especially give births to children like swines
and they become almajiris and eventually suicide bombers
Re: Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Tolexander:
If not for the Britons, China shouldn't be competing with India in terms of the numerical strength.

Nigerian population na fraud, UN is just making its own speculation.

Which credible census gave Nigeria the number we have been flaunting?
alimajiri for north ehn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna Swears In As Kano Deputy Governor / Udensi: Kalu's Performance Better Than That Of T.A Orji, Ikpeazu Put Together / FCT Minister Nyesom Wike Still In Charge Of PDP Excos In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.