Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

The Etsako People Of Edo State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Etsako People Of Edo State (4233 Views)

A Brief Walk Into The Land Of The Kukuruku Hills - The Etsako People Of Edo / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Etsako People Of Edo State by Chemist009(m): 10:02am On Jun 23, 2017
Etsako land(also called Afemai) is the third largest ethnic group in Edo state with a population of about 600,000 which accounts for roughly 15% of Edo's population-behind Bini over 52% and Esan about 18%. It's located in the Northern senatorial district of the state and speaks a dialect somehow related to other Edo dialects.
Auchi town is the traditional capital of the Etsako people and the entire Edo north,and it's the second largest City in Edo state after Benin which is by far the largest. Etsako land is home to a federal polytechnic at Auchi, The Nigeria Army school of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering also at Auchi and the recently established Edo University at Iyamho and a host of others..... The people are warm and embracing with different colourful festivals and their main occupation is farming and trading.
Auchi is the economic and commercial nerve center,while other important towns include: Agenebode,Fugar,Okpella ....etc. Etsako's population is roughly divided between Muslims and Christians-about 53% Muslim and 46% Christian and a pocket of Traditional religious worshippers. Important personalities of Etsako origin includes: Adams Oshiomhole(immediate past governor of Edo State),Dele Giwa(Popular assassinated journalist),Raymond Dokpesi(owner of AIT),John Momoh(owner of Channels TV),Tony Momoh(former national chairman of the defunct CPC),Senator Albert Legogie(former deputy senate president),Mike Akhigbe(Former Vice President), Mike Oghiadomhe(former deputy governor and chief of staff to president GEJ),present deputy governor of Edo State(Philip Shuaibu) and a host of others..... Visit Etsako(the land of the Kukuruku hills) today! And you sure will be glad you did. Proudly Etsako! Proudly Edo! Proudly Nigerian!

2 Likes

Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Chemist009(m): 10:06am On Jun 23, 2017
Etsako map

Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Chemist009(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2017
Auchi town

Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Chemist009(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Kukuruku hills

Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Chemist009(m): 10:11am On Jun 23, 2017
Arafat Mosque,Auchi

Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by EngrXrix(m): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2017
Proudly one ... okpekpe to be exact..
Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 23, 2017
Proudly estako,I rep fugar full blood.never knew there's hill in estako'I did not group up there duo but I can speak d language fluently.
Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Homeboiy: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2017
OK I hear say una better pass ishan n Bini people

I mean una girls oo

I go begin track this etsako Babe o

I been dey run away from her

1 Like

Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Chemist009(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2017
Yes oooo ..... we beta pass them moral wise
Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by frankosivue(m): 11:45pm On May 08, 2018
I'm also from Etsako o
Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by pcgist: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2018
I am proudly Etsako. I got more details on Etsako people at http://www.afemaipeople.com/etsako-people-afemailand/
Re: The Etsako People Of Edo State by Born2Breed(f): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
Chemist009:
Etsako land(also called Afemai) is the third largest ethnic group in Edo state with a population of about 600,000 which accounts for roughly 15% of Edo's population-behind Bini over 52% and Esan about 18%. It's located in the Northern senatorial district of the state and speaks a dialect somehow related to other Edo dialects.
Auchi town is the traditional capital of the Etsako people and the entire Edo north,and it's the second largest City in Edo state after Benin which is by far the largest. Etsako land is home to a federal polytechnic at Auchi, The Nigeria Army school of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering also at Auchi and the recently established Edo University at Iyamho and a host of others..... The people are warm and embracing with different colourful festivals and their main occupation is farming and trading.
Auchi is the economic and commercial nerve center,while other important towns include: Agenebode,Fugar,Okpella ....etc. Etsako's population is roughly divided between Muslims and Christians-about 53% Muslim and 46% Christian and a pocket of Traditional religious worshippers. Important personalities of Etsako origin includes: Adams Oshiomhole(immediate past governor of Edo State),Dele Giwa(Popular assassinated journalist),Raymond Dokpesi(owner of AIT),John Momoh(owner of Channels TV),Tony Momoh(former national chairman of the defunct CPC),Senator Albert Legogie(former deputy senate president),Mike Akhigbe(Former Vice President), Mike Oghiadomhe(former deputy governor and chief of staff to president GEJ),present deputy governor of Edo State(Philip Shuaibu) and a host of others..... Visit Etsako(the land of the Kukuruku hills) today! And you sure will be glad you did. Proudly Etsako! Proudly Edo! Proudly Nigerian!

You forgot Dele Momodu,Dan Agbese, Ini Umoru.

I stand to be corrected.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Civilization Is Just Too Strong / Okija People / Ohafia War Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.