Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church (602 Views)

32-year-old Ghanaian Virgin Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Huge Manhood / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by excellent2013(m): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ibadan – A housewife, Adenike Oladejo, has approached an Idi-Ogungun Customary Court, Agodi Ibadan, seeking dissolution of her nine years marriage to her husband, Samuel Oladejo, over his refusal to attend Church with her.
Members of St Kizitos Catholic Church celebrate 2017 Good Friday at Iju Ifako Ijaiye Local Government Iju ishaga Lagos state.PHOTO:AKEEM SALAU
Adenike, who testified in court on Friday, said she cried every day because of the kind of life her husband was living.
She said her husband was a drunk and always came home late, adding that
the plaintiff did not care about her welfare and the only child of the marriage.
She described the husband as “a stubborn and irresponsible family head who preferred spending his money on alcohol.
“I regret marrying him because my parents warned me not to marry him but I did not obey them due to the blind love I had for him.
“I pleaded with him on many occasions to be going to Church, with the aim of repenting from his bad ways of life but he refused.
“My Lord, separate us, I can no longer stay with a man who does not know God but live a sinful lifestyle.”
The defendant, who agreed to divorce the wife, however, accused her of abandoning him when he became broke.
He said “the court should grant her request but she did not seek for divorce when I had money and things were going on smoothly for me.
“It is now that she wants divorce because I hardly feed her and cater for her needs and our kid because I dont have the means.”
The president of the court, Chief Mukaila Balogun, dissolved the marriage, saying evidence of both parties proved that they both agreed to the separation.
Balogun also gave the custody of the only child of the marriage to the plaintiff and ordered the defendant to be paying N3,000 monthly for the upkeep of the child.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/housewife-seeks-divorce-husbands-refusal-attend-church/
Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by johnson232: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Lol...
People should know that going to church does not necessarily mean knowing God...
Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
I believe the man. Women are mostly after the money and nothing else. If he had money, going to church will never be the problem

1 Like

Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
lofty900:
I believe the man. Women are mostly after the money and nothing else. If he had money, going to church will never be the problem
Don't mind the stupid woman. Church was her main reason for the dissolution of her marriage...when she was marring him, was she not aware he wasn't the church type?.
Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by Nancy2016: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
I don't understand why in this day and age, an able-bodied woman would choose to be a housewife. A grown ass woman will be complaining that her husband does not cater to her needs! What does she do the whole day that she can't get a job or start a business? Also @op, she listed other grievances so why did you stress on the fact that she wasn't happy over her husband's refusal to attend church?
Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by excellent2013(m): 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nancy2016:
I don't understand why in this day and age, an able-bodied woman would choose to be a housewife. A grown ass woman will be complaining that her husband does not cater to her needs! What does she do the whole day that she can't get a job or start a business? Also @op, she listed other grievances so why did you stress on the fact that she wasn't happy over her husband's refusal to attend church?
that was a news article in the newspaper. I did not edit anything from it. but I think that is her strongest point. may be the man is having financial problems and think drinking is the way out but the wife is looking at it as a spiritual problem and his refusal not to seek spiritual help means the man doesn't want the problem solved.
Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by Nancy2016: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
excellent2013:

that was a news article in the newspaper. I did not edit anything from it. but I think that is her strongest point. may be the man is having financial problems and think drinking is the way out but the wife is looking at it as a spiritual problem and his refusal not to seek spiritual help means the man doesn't want the problem solved.

Okay gotcha. I am sorry about my wrong assumptions.
Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
Benita27:
Don't mind the stupid woman. Church was her main reason for the dissolution of her marriage...when she was marring him, was she not aware he wasn't the church type?.
lolz, and she was married to him for nine years with kids and she didn't know he doesn't go to church all these while grin
Re: Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal To Attend Church by thorpido(m): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Well,the marriage has been dissolved
You know he doesn't go to church and your parents warned you not to marry him you refused,why are you complaining then?

(1) (Reply)

This, Not That: Sex Positions To Skip When You’re Pregnant. / Thousands Rescued From Flood In The Streets Of Houston, Texas / ...dating His Wife.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.