Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles (35754 Views)

Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? / Chief Prostrates To Beg Alaafin Of Oyo For Giving Fake Title To US Citizen.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by ERockson: 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
The title is a mere award that king should be less concerned about at least they saw Alaafin before going to ifa priest for such conferment. Those priest should go to court with the Oba and argue it out. These are just religion awards or conferments that Christian or Muslim can do without the Oba.

If they need traditional or cultural title they can go to Oba but this is religion title
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
I don't believe this story because HRM of the Oyo Empire is too learned for that. It is no news that many Africans have been Knighted by The Royal family of the UK even comedian basket mouth was Knighted some months back.
This reporter is a barer of bad news and should be whipped on the arse. grin
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
ERockson:
The title is a mere award that king should be less concerned about at least they saw Alaafin before going to ifa priest for such conferment. Those priest should go to court with the Oba and argue it out. These are just religion awards or conferments that Christian or Muslim can do without the Oba.

If they need traditional or cultural title they can go to Oba but this is religion title

You are right I now get the picture. The priest are giving out the titles without his permission. Well if you ask me I'd say the King is right because everything should be accounted for. Maybe there is more to the story than we know. It can be resolved in a peaceful manner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by seguno2: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kaywaz:
Watin money no go curse?

Indeed, money without sense can CAUSE someone to be cursed.
May this not be our portion. Amin. Ase. Edumare.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by ZorGBUooeh: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
alafin dey vex say money no reach im side. cheesy
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by African101(m): 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
Bros, truly king has power over his domain but king don't have power over what is happening in IFA's house. Araba is the king in IFA's house and he can confer anybody any title, it doesn't matter the person's race.

isalie:

You are right I now get the picture. The priest are giving out the titles without his permission. Well if you ask me I'd say the King is right because everything should be accounted for. Maybe there is more to the story than we know. It can be resolved in a peaceful manner
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Wyttcat: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
Have you stopped eating human flesh in your region? Cannibal feeling funky.

Homeboiy:
At least it will help reduce the sale of human parts in that region
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Wyttcat: 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
Omo kobokobo omo gutter!
otijah:
The Ifa is even smiling sef
Confused tribe
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Wyttcat: 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
Bastardd!
conductor1:
Afonja and yahoo yahoo
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
African101:
Bros, truly king has power over his domain but king don't have power over what is happening in IFA's house. Araba is the king in IFA's house and he can confer anybody any title, it doesn't matter the person's race.

The priest can give out title fine but not without knowledge of the King because he is the one who is responsible for what goes on within his Kingdom. True or false?

Orientation continues. I'm only probing so don't take it personal.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by omoelerin1: 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
otijah:
The Ifa is even smiling sef
Confused tribe
i dont blame u. igbo is only tribe in nigeria without culture and well organised traditional political institution. hence, theirs is known as acephalous system.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by obawinner(m): 12:05am On Jun 24, 2017
ymee:
This baba na idol himsef

Please I'm seriously in need of a job(part-time/FT) , being jobless for a while. thanks
Bsc mat/comp.sci
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing/training
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by bionixs: 12:20am On Jun 24, 2017
sar33:
PUBLIC NOTICE

UNSCRUPLOUS ACTIVITIES OF SOME IFA PRIESTS IN OYO

Recent events in Oyo and other parts of the world concerning the activities of some Ifa priests from IJO IFA ADIMULA TEMPLE, BARA in Oyo town, wherein unsuspecting foreigners who are genuinely interested in the Yoruba culture and traditions had been dubiously manipulated and misled into receiving a non existing and nebulous tittles, which is a matter of great concern.
Specifically, some time ago on Mr. FRANCIVAN LEAO NOBRE was conferred with the following nebulous and unrecognized titles of 1) ARABA LOGUNEDE and 2) OBA IFA ADIMULA OF SOUTH AMERICA and his name changed to Ifatowo Adebayo.

Further, these unscrupulous Ifa priests conferred as well nebulous and unrecognized titles to
Mr. JOSE LARA as ARABA AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed to Ifakayode Falade
Mr. DASIEL GUERRA as AKODA AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed to Awotunde Ajisola
Mr. RAYMOND CARRABEO as ASEDA AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed as Ifalomo Ifalana
Mr. FERNANDO GARRIDO as AGBOBGBON AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed as Ifalase
Added to these aforementioned titles are other nebulous titles given to unsuspecting foreigners and they are under investigation.
In the light of this, any one that is in doubt of any title given to him/ her or society should endeavour to contact the palace of the Alaafin for further clarification.
An act that is contrary to the laws of Oyo State, please see the Punch Newspaper from the 11th June 2017 and Nigerian Tribune from the 13th June 2017 and the following under this links
http://naijagists.com/photos-3-ifa-priests-turned-yahoo-boys-arrested-selling-fake-yoruba-chieftaincy-americans/
http://www.dailyupdateng.com
In order to prevent future occurrence and for the public information, those that had been charged to court and those on the run, who are wanted by the police C.I.D Iyaganku in Ibadan in Oyo State are hereby listed below:
Faniyi Awoniran Omoyemi, Ojelabi Okewole, Kehinde Ifaloseyi, Famuwagun Oloyede, Faleye Ikusannu, Fasola Olaniyan and Ifayemi Olaniyan, Ifakorede Ifaloseyi, Ifadoyin Ifatoki, Oyasogo Ifakorede, Ifasooto Ifawumi Adeyemo, Awoniran Awotunde, Awoniran Ifamyiwa and others.
Furthermore IFA PRIESTS are only meant to interpret Ifa Oracle but not to confer Chieftaincy titles.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/06/unscruplous-activities-of-some-ifa.html
Afonja and Owoda are nepa and blackout

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by OduduwaYoruba: 1:16am On Jun 24, 2017
ERockson:

Omo igbo
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Tunjido: 2:36am On Jun 24, 2017
Langbasa:
SHUT UP, AMU ANU.
i pity you and your family.. you don't no the Alafin is not just a king... your culture don't respect kings and therefore you will learn your lesson now..
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by nell4: 3:46am On Jun 24, 2017
Tunjido:
i pity you and your family.. you don't no the Alafin is not just a king... your culture don't respect kings and therefore you will learn your lesson now..
so he is a god.gosh what a country
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Orpe7(m): 5:39am On Jun 24, 2017
edenhazard:
shocked am more sexy than all allafin wife's
This king no get eye see me
Mtcheeeewwwe cry cry

If thats ur pic u need to go see a vulcanizer grin
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 24, 2017
edenhazard:
Mtcheeeewwwe cry cry
see your life outside
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by conductor1: 5:47am On Jun 24, 2017
Wyttcat:
Bastardd!
E pain the imbecilee cheesy

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Okikiade(m): 6:06am On Jun 24, 2017
edenhazard:
Mtcheeeewwwe cry cry
Your comment is "Un-Queenly"! That is the reason why you cannot become one! To be a queen, learn to be of quality-character... Abo oro, l`aso f`omoluabi...
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Okikiade(m): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2017
I`m totally shocked and flabberghasted to hear this in the first place! I thought it as a rumour until I confirm it from one of my blood that got his name mentioned! I`ll ask! But if this is true, it should have been settle in amicable way! Ifa titles are meant for the Temple of Ifa worshipers, if it was in true sense of it! There are titles being confered in churches & mosques also too!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by ERockson: 8:19am On Jun 24, 2017
OduduwaYoruba:
Omo igbo
Omo ode
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by vandertommy: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2017
sar33:
PUBLIC NOTICE

UNSCRUPLOUS ACTIVITIES OF SOME IFA PRIESTS IN OYO

Recent events in Oyo and other parts of the world concerning the activities of some Ifa priests from IJO IFA ADIMULA TEMPLE, BARA in Oyo town, wherein unsuspecting foreigners who are genuinely interested in the Yoruba culture and traditions had been dubiously manipulated and misled into receiving a non existing and nebulous tittles, which is a matter of great concern.
Specifically, some time ago on Mr. FRANCIVAN LEAO NOBRE was conferred with the following nebulous and unrecognized titles of 1) ARABA LOGUNEDE and 2) OBA IFA ADIMULA OF SOUTH AMERICA and his name changed to Ifatowo Adebayo.

Further, these unscrupulous Ifa priests conferred as well nebulous and unrecognized titles to
Mr. JOSE LARA as ARABA AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed to Ifakayode Falade
Mr. DASIEL GUERRA as AKODA AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed to Awotunde Ajisola
Mr. RAYMOND CARRABEO as ASEDA AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed as Ifalomo Ifalana
Mr. FERNANDO GARRIDO as AGBOBGBON AWO OFUN AJITENA TEMPLE USA and name changed as Ifalase
Added to these aforementioned titles are other nebulous titles given to unsuspecting foreigners and they are under investigation.
In the light of this, any one that is in doubt of any title given to him/ her or society should endeavour to contact the palace of the Alaafin for further clarification.
An act that is contrary to the laws of Oyo State, please see the Punch Newspaper from the 11th June 2017 and Nigerian Tribune from the 13th June 2017 and the following under this links
http://naijagists.com/photos-3-ifa-priests-turned-yahoo-boys-arrested-selling-fake-yoruba-chieftaincy-americans/
http://www.dailyupdateng.com
In order to prevent future occurrence and for the public information, those that had been charged to court and those on the run, who are wanted by the police C.I.D Iyaganku in Ibadan in Oyo State are hereby listed below:
Faniyi Awoniran Omoyemi, Ojelabi Okewole, Kehinde Ifaloseyi, Famuwagun Oloyede, Faleye Ikusannu, Fasola Olaniyan and Ifayemi Olaniyan, Ifakorede Ifaloseyi, Ifadoyin Ifatoki, Oyasogo Ifakorede, Ifasooto Ifawumi Adeyemo, Awoniran Awotunde, Awoniran Ifamyiwa and others.
Furthermore IFA PRIESTS are only meant to interpret Ifa Oracle but not to confer Chieftaincy titles.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/06/unscruplous-activities-of-some-ifa.html

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2017
Homeboiy:
At least it will help reduce the sale of human parts in that region
see below for your own title please

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Tunjido: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Langbasa:
are you out of your mind infact tell your alafin to go to hell, oloriburuku ala aye baje.
so be Amen to you too.. Omo jatijati ikeji Aja.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by Langbasa: 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
Tunjido:
so be Amen to you too.. Omo jatijati ikeji Aja.
and you too. gbogbo ebi yin ikeji elede, iya nla iya yin.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles by African101(m): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Bro, try to find out about what i said, Araba is the king over every thing that has to do with IFA, the IFA's affairs concerns nobody.

isalie:

The priest can give out title fine but not without knowledge of the King because he is the one who is responsible for what goes on within his Kingdom. True or false?

Orientation continues. I'm only probing so don't take it personal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy / For Those Still Doubting Igbo jewish link read Carefully / The Message A Man Received From A Nigerian And An Argentinian Lady Over Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.