Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog (4483 Views)

Why Are Bloggers Reluctant To Give Out Their Blog URL? / 7 Biggest Blogging Mistakes Beginner Bloggers Must Avoid / Top 7 Adsense Paying Blogging Niches In Nigeria For Newbie Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by cyberhope(m): 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
Everyday, the blogging world (blogosphere) is expanding. Everyone wants to own a blog if not to make money but for entertainment. well, when you blog for passion, money rolls in.

I have highlighted 5 tips new bloggers must know about their blog if you don't want to be the runaway type...(sorry for that word but that's the fact).

1. Never Switch: Switching is very common among new bloggers, you can switch anything, it might be theme/template, plugins/add-on, niches and so on. Anything you change from its normal state is switching.
I remembered when I started blogging, I made this mistake too. I would change my theme every time I find a more descent one. this killed my blog's traffic and also I do change niches, I may be on technology news this week and by next week, I am on blogging tutorial niche. This is not a good action and it kills blog.

2. Never be Afraid or Shy: This is funny right? but that's the point. Being afraid or shy kills your blog 95%. Why 95%? I gave this score because your blog's success depends on you.
If you are afraid to share your blog on social medias thinks you will be spamming others, its bad. If you are in a niche that warrants you to interview an expert in your niche and you are thinking approaching the expert will make no yield because your blog is new and small, you are damn wrong.
Everything warrants boldness, Spam the hell out of social media and be kicked out (which is rear) and attain your goals. I do spam groups and pages too on Facebook and I see good results on statistics.

3. Don't Stay on Your Blog: No, get me right with this. Ask yourself these questions:
who owns the blog? ME!
Is the blog running away? NO!
Then why do you have to keep watching and wasting time there, you have work to do friend. go out there and advertise, if you can't do paid adverts, go and join forums and make comments referring to you blog posts in a mature way to avoid ban.
Time waits for no one, leave that coding, even leave seoing at first. get that traffic and then do your seo.

4. No Damn Adverts!: though its cool to monetize blog from day one but it does look frustrating to visitors if placed in a bad order. don't loiter your blog with ads, its not a PTC site uhm.
Okay, just eradicate them for now, give your visitors space to browse for now and then you can have them occupied later...

5. Patience: Yes, you need to have this, without this, blogging is nothing. it takes over three years for blogs to glow, so why rushing, ask the big fishes in the game, they have lot to say.
With all these words piled together, I think you know what it means now to own a blog and what to do. Never be on the runaway side!!! *winks..

You can always get premium WordPress themes and blogger templates for free at pearstep and also good blogging tips for you.

source: https://www.pearstep.com/threads/5-tips-newbie-bloggers-must-know-about-their-blog.50/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nice thread...

Quite insightful...
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by tectonotimes: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
cyberhope:
Everyday, the blogging world (blogosphere) is expanding. Everyone wants to own a blog if not to make money but for entertainment. well, when you blog for passion, money rolls in.

I have highlighted 5 tips new bloggers must know about their blog if you don't want to be the runaway type...(sorry for that word but that's the fact).

1. Never Switch: Switching is very common among new bloggers, you can switch anything, it might be theme/template, plugins/add-on, niches and so on. Anything you change from its normal state is switching.
I remembered when I started blogging, I made this mistake too. I would change my theme every time I find a more descent one. this killed my blog's traffic and also I do change niches, I may be on technology news this week and by next week, I am on blogging tutorial niche. This is not a good action and it kills blog.

2. Never be Afraid or Shy: This is funny right? but that's the point. Being afraid or shy kills your blog 95%. Why 95%? I gave this score because your blog's success depends on you.
If you are afraid to share your blog on social medias thinks you will be spamming others, its bad. If you are in a niche that warrants you to interview an expert in your niche and you are thinking approaching the expert will make no yield because your blog is new and small, you are damn wrong.
Everything warrants boldness, Spam the hell out of social media and be kicked out (which is rear) and attain your goals. I do spam groups and pages too on Facebook and I see good results on statistics.

3. Don't Stay on Your Blog: No, get me right with this. Ask yourself these questions:
who owns the blog? ME!
Then why do you have to keep watching and wasting time there, you have work to do friend. go out there and advertise, if you can't do paid adverts, go and join forums and make comments referring to you blog posts in a mature way to avoid ban.
Time waits for no one, leave that coding, even leave seoing at first. get that traffic and then do your seo.

4. No Damn Adverts!: though its cool to monetize blog from day one but it does look frustrating to visitors if placed in a bad order. don't loiter your blog with ads, its not a PTC site uhm.
Okay, just eradicate them for now, give your visitors space to browse for now and then you can have them occupied later...

5. Patience: Yes, you need to have this, without this, blogging is nothing. it takes over three years for blogs to glow, so why rushing, ask the big fishes in the game, they have lot to say.
With all these words piled together, I think you know what it means now to own a blog and what to do. Never be on the runaway side!!! *winks..

You can always get premium WordPress themes and blogger templates for free at pearstep and also good blogging tips for you.

source: https://www.pearstep.com/threads/5-tips-newbie-bloggers-must-know-about-their-blog.50/
This is a good write-up. OP, you forgot to mention that e-mail marketing can be used to draw traffic to blogs. You can click on the second link on my signature for detail.
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by cyberhope(m): 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
tectonotimes:

This is a good write-up. OP, you forgot to mention that e-mail marketing can be used to draw traffic to blogs. You can click on the second link on my signature for detail.
thanks for the info.......

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Kennitrust(m): 6:34am On Jun 24, 2017
were
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by exlinklodge: 6:37am On Jun 24, 2017
nice
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by 24hourNigeriane(f): 6:39am On Jun 24, 2017
Nice one thanks
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by sakalisis(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by G0dsent: 6:50am On Jun 24, 2017
Blogger you make money from Adsense. I have for sell 50 dollars
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by pauljumbo: 7:06am On Jun 24, 2017
Nice thread op
Am impressed everything you write its absolutely true

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by oyienootieno: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2017
Too many threads about blogging. The truth is blogging is long dead in Nigeria. All we get is plagiarism, so mods olease take some chill.
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by CheezyCharles(m): 7:29am On Jun 24, 2017
k
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by cyberhope(m): 7:39am On Jun 24, 2017
oyienootieno:
Too many threads about blogging. The truth is blogging is long dead in Nigeria.
You think so mate?
oh no....just the lazy ones, Blog is not dead, only bloggers determination is.
when you have passion for blogging, you wouldn't relent. but, when all you want is quick money, its bad.

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by josephmich(m): 7:41am On Jun 24, 2017
cyberhope:

who owns the blog? ME!

You have said it all. Nice note from the op. quite true all that u said about blogging from Experience.

you can visit www.africoded.com for your latest news and other gist you will enjoy your weekend with.
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Blogging is one of the ways out of Unemployment , we earn regular $$ here at http://www.gadgetsng.com/
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by ThisTrend(f): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2017
T
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:22am On Jun 24, 2017
Please guys, how do I stop my About Me page from appearing in all my posts? I just want to it to be in the homepage only and not on every single thing I post. www.mortalpoet.com
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Dhilariousdandy(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2017
I WILL SEND A SUPER TARGETED ADSENSE SAFE TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG/WEBSITE

This service gives Super Targeted Visitors

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Fast, Friendly Support!
Only highly targeted human visitors!

These visitors will be targeted to your site, so each visitor will be genuinely interested in it. This means it's beneficial for all kinds of sites, and results are a possibility always.

Sales & leads have been reported, but cannot be guaranteed.

International traffic

Visitors arrive from all over the world unless you order for a custom order for Tier 1 visits (English & EU or ones you choose). Results have been reported to be higher with this custom order.

No reports are provided, but you can request a tracking link.

A handful of visits for every day

So that I can guarantee you have the highest chance of getting results, visitors have strict requirements to visit your site. This means the daily amounts will be low, and a duration is impossible to estimate. You always get at least 300+ visitors total with the normal order.

SEO Extra

Improves your Google rankings significantly faster than traffic. Doing lots of SEO is VERY important if you'd like to gain a permanent traffic source one day. Very good for sales!

Price Lists

200-400 visitors/day for 5 days=>> promote one URL, target one keyword, one search engine, PC or Mobile For 3k

400-800 visitors/day for 10 days=>> promote 1-2 URLs, target 2 keywords, 1-2 search engines, PC or Mobile For 5k

800-1000 visitors/day for 15 days=>> promote 1-3 URLs, target 3 keywords, 1-3 search engines, PC and/or Mobile For 10k

Do You Have A Specific Volume Of Visitors? Inbox me now via my SIGNATURE
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by cyberhope(m): 8:38am On Jun 24, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Please guys, how do I stop my About Me page from appearing in all my posts? I just want to it to be in the homepage only and not on every single thing I post. www.mortalpoet.com

you mean about author ??
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by ipreach: 8:40am On Jun 24, 2017
Nice tips

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:51am On Jun 24, 2017
cyberhope:

you mean about author ??
No, the About me at the lowest part of the blog. I want it to appear in just the homepage. Thanks.
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by cyberhope(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
No, the About me at the lowest part of the blog. I want it to appear in just the homepage. Thanks.
since you are on blogger, you can only remove it or if you are a coder u can do that in template's editor.
to remove,navigate to widgets area and locate footer, remove it.
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 24, 2017
Nice Article OP. More MB to your modem. It ain't easy at all, even designing a template to your taste is another World War III to a newbie. Lol, talking about "No damn Ads" there are some blogs that once you arrive the landing page, 5 different tabs have opened and before you know you're in play store to download jiji app. That was how I was automatically subscribed to AIRTEL Football and my ₦40 was taken without my consent.. Is your blog powered by Blogger or WordPress?

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 24, 2017
As a creative fellow, am never satisfied with a design but i had a Lab where i usually perform experimentation before uploading a new template grin

.... Meanwhile if you had trouble gaining more Traffic to your blog, grab my FREE EBOOK below wink

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Innov8ve1: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
op what you said is quite true
Check out our news site: http://naijadailyfeed.com
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by cyberhope(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
CocoBee:
Nice Article OP. More MB to your modem. It ain't easy at all, even designing a template to your taste is another World War III to a newbie. Lol, talking about "No damn Ads" there are some blogs that once you arrive the landing page, 5 different tabs have opened and before you know you're in play store to download jiji app. That was how I was automatically subscribed to AIRTEL Football and my ₦40 was taken without my consent.. Is your blog powered by Blogger or WordPress?
WordPress

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Nicheey(m): 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
Uhm I'm a newbie at blogging ,how does one make his blog have categories ??Would really appreciate any info
BTW Cooldolly..com is the blog
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
cyberhope:

since you are on blogger, you can only remove it or if you are a coder u can do that in template's editor.
to remove,navigate to widgets area and locate footer, remove it.
Thank you.
Re: 5 Tips Newbie Bloggers Must Know About Their Blog by TechPanda(m): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
cyberhope:

You think so mate?
oh no....just the lazy ones, Blog is not dead, only bloggers determination is.
when you have passion for blogging, you wouldn't relent. but, when all you want is quick money, its bad.

You're Right. Even Quick Traffic Is Bad. Buying Email List Is Also Bad.

There's no time to be lazy, thats why am Creating An Army, Larger And Stronger Than Boko Haram
If You See It, Hungry Will Catch You To Join.

Oyah Come And See

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is My Traffic Droping / How To Unblock Yourself When Someone Blocks You On Whatsapp / Google's Brother Grimm's Dooddle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.