Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? (38300 Views)

The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" / I’ve Recorded 90–100 Songs & Can Drop Two Albums Today – Paul Okoye Aka Rudeboy / Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2017
Nkem Owoh... National stadium na me build am
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by BrightEye(m): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2017
haha
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2017
a
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 24, 2017
Which war u dey talk abt..... Who be falz sef... Na him wan lead our troop?
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Limerick: 10:21am On Jun 24, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

NBC?

Those id1ots have been missing the mark since 1802.

While it's true that US Hiphop/Rap genres, of which most of these guys are copy-catting, have an history of hyping Chicks, Cribs, Class, Cars & Blings gotten with ill-gotten Cash while shooting Vids that openly mime and promote these themes even to the point of tacitly endorsing "hood & gang violence" yet in the US, nobody or very few people actually do that. From Brooklyn, to Inglewood to Georgia to Philly, all gees know to keep their sh!t on the lowkey.

It'd be a rare case of stupidity-on-steroids or death-wish syndrome for anyone of them to be, actually, "moving keys" (i.e. kilos of white powder), defrauding folks or murdering people and actually singing about it! The cops would be on you faster than the raps bars you're supposed to be spitting and life can be very difficult for some type of ex-offenders in the US, i assure you, plus all the endorcements and stardom will just go poof once your imagery becomes a bit more than most of the law-abiding public can tolerate, hell, even Gees, pimps, dealers and hoodrats'll tell you they don't "want no cop trouble"!

But Nigeria's case is the opposite because these NBC theives have been taking bribes and lookin the other for so long the lowlife dregs actually have more sense of authenticity than the "good hardworking folk" now. Enough musical artistes and Nollywood are into yahoo-yahoo, wire-frauds, scams, drug-trafficking, prostitution even petty theft like Seun Egbegbe and co who go around stealing publicly and getting spanked but not quitting like deranged goats.

I guess we had it coming because a corruption-ridden haven like Nigeria can't have musicians doing showbiz "just for the art" for too long!
So wit all this thing wey u type, na one like you get..

6 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:21am On Jun 24, 2017
a
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by yoruBADboi(m): 10:22am On Jun 24, 2017
Gerrarahere meeeeeeeeeehn
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Olifiz(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2017
Emks:
Who sang "soft work" please?
Soft work might not literally mean yahoo pls. I see it to mean work you do that pays you over a long period of time. For example making songs can be soft work because u do a lil n make more money. Just saying

2 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by hedonistic: 10:28am On Jun 24, 2017
Too many more left out of the list.

Davido - everything wole o... Wire gan wole o.

Wizkid used to wine, dine and smoke weed with wire Lords everyday at Elegushi and elsewhere.

It's an industry-wide standard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by onyi4edu(f): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2017
yungbillionaire:

All I'm saying is, dis is not a war, just an advice to make musicians think and understand the kind of influence and impact their music have on d youths...I see no reason why people are judging d boy...yet we want people to speak up for what is right...hypocrites everywhere....#thinkbeforeyoutalk

And all that you have said were the exact things needed to be said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by chubbyswit(m): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2017
afonjas never dissapoint in this type of business. Even their celebrities are not left out. SMH
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by adedayoa2(f): 10:37am On Jun 24, 2017
falcon01:
Which day you enter industry
its not how far
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 24, 2017
Thanks bro.
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by 0b10010011: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2017
Emks:
Who sang "soft work" please?

Idris Abdul Kareem
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Caseless: 10:47am On Jun 24, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

NBC?

Those id1ots have been missing the mark since 1802.

While it's true that US Hiphop/Rap genres, of which most of these guys are copy-catting, have an history of hyping Chicks, Cribs, Class, Cars & Blings gotten with ill-gotten Cash while shooting Vids that openly mime and promote these themes even to the point of tacitly endorsing "hood & gang violence" yet in the US, nobody or very few people actually do that. From Brooklyn, to Inglewood to Georgia to Philly, all gees know to keep their sh!t on the lowkey.

It'd be a rare case of stupidity-on-steroids or death-wish syndrome for anyone of them to be, actually, "moving keys" (i.e. kilos of white powder), defrauding folks or murdering people and actually singing about it! The cops would be on you faster than the raps bars you're supposed to be spitting and life can be very difficult for some type of ex-offenders in the US, i assure you, plus all the endorcements and stardom will just go poof once your imagery becomes a bit more than most of the law-abiding public can tolerate, hell, even Gees, pimps, dealers and hoodrats'll tell you they don't "want no cop trouble"!

But Nigeria's case is the opposite because these NBC theives have been taking bribes and lookin the other for so long the lowlife dregs actually have more sense of authenticity than the "good hardworking folk" now. Enough musical artistes and Nollywood are into yahoo-yahoo, wire-frauds, scams, drug-trafficking, prostitution even petty theft like Seun Egbegbe and co who go around stealing publicly and getting spanked but not quitting like deranged goats.

I guess we had it coming because a corruption-ridden haven like Nigeria can't have musicians doing showbiz "just for the art" for too long!
your 'moniker' though.

1 Like

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Emac34: 10:48am On Jun 24, 2017
oliidell:

I was going to state that Reminisce and Kelly Handsome attended Tertiary Institutions. On a second thought, I figured that 'going to school' is different from 'being educated'.
wat about CDQ ft Davido ko funny
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by neyobills: 10:50am On Jun 24, 2017
I don't usually comment on here but I have actually lost respect to Falz with this his holier than thou attitude which is a weakness in most Nigerians, because he should know better and stop disgracing himself by spewing trash an educated illiterate would.

Let's ask ourselves why hasn't anyone had problems with rap artists In the US for promoting drug smuggling with tracks like Gucci Mane "Bricks",TI "Dope Boys"Nas "street dreams"50 cent "corner bodega"or Rick Ross "hustling".

It's because they have a viable entertainmemt censorship agency that is why u see parental advisory for explicit content on most rap artist CD,s and mixtapes so that holier than thou advocates like Falz would steer clear of buying the CD,s and everyone goes home smiling.

What Falz should be concerned about is government support for Nollywood and having a viable censorship agency, if he has a problem with anyone's music lyrics he should channel his grievances to Nigerian censorship boards.

Nigerians like to bedevil their own a lot more than it should be, there are internet fraudsters in about every country of the world and even the US has its fair share of them,they are loads of internet fraudsters in countries like Romania, Cyprus, Philippines,India,China,Turkey but u never hear them bedevil their own.

Artist ought to produce songs thats a reflection of the society at large and I haven't seen any Nigerian song promoting fraud so far so good, if anyone knows of any, I'm all ears,Falz rant is typical of a "Omo get inside"ovegrown baby.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by mercy232(f): 10:50am On Jun 24, 2017
I love u falz, bt b4 I can take you serious, change ur stage name 4rm " bad guy"
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ophatlewis(m): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2017
This one no concern me, Abegi who know much about #classify #work
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Srallens(m): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Don't mind falz

God bless all d 'G' boys
. Soft work wasn't about yahoo boys or in anyway. Go check out the lyrics
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by CARBONY500: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2017
This topic go allow some people wey no even get gmail account to dey pray for yahoo boys now; you go think say dem into the game too. People wey go wake up for midnight go urinate come seize dah opportunity update online.. "hustle too sure, no sleeping".. Oga park well..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by vincentjk(m): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2017
I know say olamide go dy inside
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 24, 2017
I tot NBC regulate certain nonsense from hitting our media airwaves. They have the responsibility to stop these meaningless songs from disturbing our airwaves
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by femi4: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2017
Olu Maintain yahooze and Kelly handsome Maga don pay were the biggest hit then

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by neweraomo: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2017
Christane:
falz z a soldier so he can win d war.
dumb shit
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ivolt: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2017
@Naijahelm

Falz is not fighting a war, he only aired his opinion on the moral
decadence of some Nigerian musicians. It is left to them to accept
or reject his advice.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by femi4: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2017
vincentjk:
I know say olamide go dy inside
Olamide is anti yahoo

Do you know the full meaning of YBNL

Yahoo Boy No Laptop

4 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 24, 2017
This is why corruption is difficult to reduce in Nigeria.
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by femi4: 11:06am On Jun 24, 2017
thunderbabs:

Yinmu.....Narrow minded! So, all other artistes from Naija to overseas who also sing rubbish are uneducated... Falz no dey sing rubbish too, i ask?
Falz is educated.....he's lyrically blessed and doesn't sing rubbish

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The World's Most Scariest Celebrity / Wizkid Gives A Fan His Expensive Ring At An Event In Canada / Chizi Oboli And Korede Bello Are Lookalike? Omoni Oboli Shares Photos Of Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.