Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? (38299 Views)

The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" / I’ve Recorded 90–100 Songs & Can Drop Two Albums Today – Paul Okoye Aka Rudeboy / Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by KillerBeauty(f): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2017
Olamide nkor
Yahoo boy no laptop (ybnl)
I'm always pinging but my money dey pile up
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by graychuks(m): 11:09am On Jun 24, 2017
neyobills:
I don't usually comment on here but I have actually lost respect to Falz with this his holier than thou attitude which is a weakness in most Nigerians, because he should know better and stop disgracing himself by spewing trash an educated illiterate would.

Let's ask ourselves why hasn't anyone had problems with rap artists In the US for promoting drug smuggling with tracks like Gucci Mane "Bricks",TI "Dope Boys"Nas "street dreams"50 cent "corner bodega"or Rick Ross "hustling".

It's because they have a viable entertainmemt censorship agency that is why u see parental advisory for explicit content on most rap artist CD,s and mixtapes so that holier than thou advocates like Falz would steer clear of buying the CD,s and everyone goes home smiling.

What Falz should be concerned about is government support for Nollywood and having a viable censorship agency, if he has a problem with anyone's music lyrics he should channel his grievances to Nigerian censorship boards.

Nigerians like to bedevil their own a lot more than it should be, there are internet fraudsters in about every country of the world and even the US has its fair share of them,they are loads of internet fraudsters in countries like Romania, Cyprus, Philippines,India,China,Turkey but u never hear them bedevil their own.

Artist ought to produce songs thats a reflection of the society at large and I haven't seen any Nigerian song promoting fraud so far so good, if anyone knows of any, I'm all ears,Falz rant is typical of a "Omo get inside"ovegrown baby.

Baba shot up...and think

3 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by oodua1stson: 11:10am On Jun 24, 2017
I'm not condoning fraud ok but yahoo has helped this country no be small

A.d falz himself is a hypocrite do-gooder. Who doesn't know the meaning of soft work? Or his lyrics where he said "we working hard but hardly working"

1 Like

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Collins10(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2017
Emks:
Who sang "soft work" please?
Wait a minute! You think Soft Work is a song about Yahoo? Its merely about how he made it through music, instead of the Law that he studied.

Come on! The Lyrics of Soft Work is clear enough for anyone to understand what the song is about na! Haba!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ikp120(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2017
Emks:
Your problem is that you don’t listen to and process lyrics. Na only the beat and chorus you dey process. Listen to Wehdone sir and see how he dealt with Yahoo boys and pastors living big on members' money.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 24, 2017
Emks:
don't mind the hypocrite
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by prof800(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2017
nzgal:

Don't forget Nkem Owoh - I go chop your dollar.
And this YQ new song.... Walahi talai mofe chache! grin
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by yungbillionaire(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2017
onyi4edu:

And all that you have said were the exact things needed to be said.

my dear, thank you. I really feel uncomfortable about d way people, especially youths like me, come on line to just say whatever they like, without duly considering d matter at hand...#followthecrowdtalk

2 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by oodua1stson: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2017
Falz is a hypocrite who got fame through the back door. Had he paid his dues like the others in the industry he wouldn't have the spine to slate peoplewho hustled to get to the top

I'm not condoning fraud but falz himselfand his career would be dead without fraud money
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Olarababy(f): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2017
My problem with falz is that he is inflicting Laziness on people.....first it was Soft work... Anybody you ask, he will tell you he/she is doing soft work....

then he sang Workaholic to discorage people working hard
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by surgical: 11:17am On Jun 24, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

What has APC got to do with this?
Most of those songs were released when PDP where in power
So, just shut the Bleep up
All hail the resident APC defender
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by xxgig(m): 11:18am On Jun 24, 2017
sapientia:
Its no more about falz .. he has declared his stand... its not about winnning...

Its now our turn... what do me and you think is right?

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Olarababy(f): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2017
ikp120:
Your problem is that you don’t listen to and process lyrics. Na only the beat and chorus you dey process. Listen to Wehdone sir and see how he dealt with Yahoo boys and pastors living big on members' money.
Listen to Workaholic and ses how he discouraged pple working hard
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ikp120(m): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2017
oodua1stson:

A.d falz himself is a hypocrite do-gooder. Who doesn't know the meaning of soft work? Or his lyrics where he said "we working hard but hardly working"
Chai, human beings will always interpret things to suit their way of life.

I know that's why most yahoo boys were rocking that his song.

Don't quote people out of context. He was talking about how he used his talent to make it in life. How he doesn't run up and down and put himself under stress and duress daily just to make money. Dude is hardly working o. Just enter studio and pull off one hit using his ability to rap, and he is all over the place. The only thing we know is that he just released song and glo signed him and he begin to dey chop money, but we don't know how hard he worked to pull off those songs that rocked the airways. He no dey go office but millions dey roll into account every month.

Bro, that's soft work. Fraud no be soft work, na armed robbery. Fraudsters deserve to be treated like armed robbers. Beat da hell outta them! angry

6 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by SirMazi: 11:24am On Jun 24, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
OP you forget to add Falz himself. what do you know is the word "soft work"? he has promoted fraudsters too.

see the song below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVB5tVSI6Zc
abeg make una deyy try understand something before u talk about am...soft work is a song that he used to express his love for his passion(music) than his career(law)...."I would have been in chambers but this one, na him dey pay pass"..his father is already a successful lawyer, he felt he needed a name for himself trough his passion, hence falz d bahd guy and even his role in jenifaz diary, which earned him his first AMVCA.
All I'm saying is, dis is not a war, just an advice to make musicians think and understand the kind of influence and impact their music have on d youths...I see no reason why people are judging d boy...yet we want people to speak up for what is right...hypocrites everywhere....#thinkbeforeyoutalk

1 Like

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by y3mi(m): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

NBC?

Those id1ots have been missing the mark since 1802.

While it's true that US Hiphop/Rap genres, of which most of these guys are copy-catting, have an history of hyping Chicks, Cribs, Class, Cars & Blings gotten with ill-gotten Cash while shooting Vids that openly mime and promote these themes even to the point of tacitly endorsing "hood & gang violence" yet in the US, nobody or very few people actually do that. From Brooklyn, to Inglewood to Georgia to Philly, all gees know to keep their sh!t on the lowkey.

It'd be a rare case of stupidity-on-steroids or death-wish syndrome for anyone of them to be, actually, "moving keys" (i.e. kilos of white powder), defrauding folks or murdering people and actually singing about it! The cops would be on you faster than the raps bars you're supposed to be spitting and life can be very difficult for some type of ex-offenders in the US, i assure you, plus all the endorcements and stardom will just go poof once your imagery becomes a bit more than most of the law-abiding public can tolerate, hell, even Gees, pimps, dealers and hoodrats'll tell you they don't "want no cop trouble"!

But Nigeria's case is the opposite because these NBC theives have been taking bribes and lookin the other for so long the lowlife dregs actually have more sense of authenticity than the "good hardworking folk" now. Enough musical artistes and Nollywood are into yahoo-yahoo, wire-frauds, scams, drug-trafficking, prostitution even petty theft like Seun Egbegbe and co who go around stealing publicly and getting spanked but not quitting like deranged goats.

I guess we had it coming because a corruption-ridden haven like Nigeria can't have musicians doing showbiz "just for the art" for too long!
A real life example of the cops moving faster than the rap bars of a rapper-turned-suspect was that of the crime bragging artist Bobby Schmurda with his brash 'Hot Nigga' track and explicit video.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Olarababy(f): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2017
mercy232:
I love u falz, bt b4 I can take you serious, change ur stage name 4rm " bad guy"
its not bad....its bahd and it means Brilliant And highly Distinct.
So when he say falz d bahd guy, he means falz the Brilliant And highly Distinct.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by ikp120(m): 11:31am On Jun 24, 2017
Olarababy:

Listen to Workaholic and ses how he discouraged pple working hard
Bro, everybody dey work hard o. Including the Yahoo boys, armed robbers, kidnappers, etc.

Here is the main lyrics for workaholic.

You no go carry money go heaven o
workaholic chill o
worki worki relax o
body no be machine o

That's an advice even common sense go give you. People trade their health for wealth. That's greed bro. E go kill you before you go fit enjoy the wealth.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by SirMazi: 11:31am On Jun 24, 2017
oodua1stson:

abeg make una deyy try understand something before u talk about am...soft work is a song that he used to express his love for his passion(music) than his career(law)...."I would have been in chambers but this one, na him dey pay pass"..his father is already a successful lawyer, he felt he needed a name for himself trough his passion, hence falz d bahd guy and even his role in jenifaz diary, which earned him his first AMVCA.
All I'm saying is, dis is not a war, just an advice to make musicians think and understand the kind of influence and impact their music have on d youths...I see no reason why people are judging d boy...yet we want people to speak up for what is right...hypocrites everywhere....#thinkbeforeyoutalk
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by SirMazi: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2017
Ighoga898:

don't mind the hypocrite
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by SirMazi: 11:34am On Jun 24, 2017
Olarababy:
My problem with falz is that he is inflicting Laziness on people.....first it was Soft work... Anybody you ask, he will tell you he/she is doing soft work....

then he sang Workaholic to discorage people working hard
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by hucienda: 11:36am On Jun 24, 2017
yungbillionaire:

Spot on.

Falz puts thought to his music and that's part of what makes him stand out alongside the few like him in his craft in the Nigerian music industry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by talkportal: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2017
folarin falana is totally correct with that position he made on hiptv. And long before now a lot of Nigerians have seen this hill but little then can do when the agencies and the media are not helping the situation. promoting and hailing Gboyz is criminal and ill to our society and really this threatens the future of Nigeria. it is a major social challenge the nation's leadership have intervene. I was brought up a Yahoo Yahoo thriving neighborhood, so a lot about it, no one can school me about their motivation, their background, their challenges and all. of course I agree this internet fraud and many other crimes are ill products of bad leadership and system but there's no justification for crime. And this is not about Falz and the Gee boys it's about our future as a nation and as human.
someone made mention of foreign musicians that song about guns and drugs; that they are Americans doesn't make what they are doing right let grow some senses please. I love 2Pac but he would sing about the reality in his hood and tell you he doesn't want it to continue " don't judge me I am just a victim of the reality " . let come together and stop this nation from sinking and this is not limited to Yahoo boys and their supporting musicians alone but the big thieves our politicians that push these youths into crimes because of survival.
let fight for our future they will not hand it over to us free .
I have reacher landua

2 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by 1miccza: 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
There's no war here it's just the truth pushing itself out forcefully

1 Like

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by enemyofprogress: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
auntysimbiat:
Add more , make it 20
alhaja Simbiat, na your place I go break my fast today o
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by kpaminose: 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

NBC?

Those id1ots have been missing the mark since 1802.

While it's true that US Hiphop/Rap genres, of which most of these guys are copy-catting, have an history of hyping Chicks, Cribs, Class, Cars & Blings gotten with ill-gotten Cash while shooting Vids that openly mime and promote these themes even to the point of tacitly endorsing "hood & gang violence" yet in the US, nobody or very few people actually do that. From Brooklyn, to Inglewood to Georgia to Philly, all gees know to keep their sh!t on the lowkey.

It'd be a rare case of stupidity-on-steroids or death-wish syndrome for anyone of them to be, actually, "moving keys" (i.e. kilos of white powder), defrauding folks or murdering people and actually singing about it! The cops would be on you faster than the raps bars you're supposed to be spitting and life can be very difficult for some type of ex-offenders in the US, i assure you, plus all the endorcements and stardom will just go poof once your imagery becomes a bit more than most of the law-abiding public can tolerate, hell, even Gees, pimps, dealers and hoodrats'll tell you they don't "want no cop trouble"!

But Nigeria's case is the opposite because these NBC theives have been taking bribes and lookin the other for so long the lowlife dregs actually have more sense of authenticity than the "good hardworking folk" now. Enough musical artistes and Nollywood are into yahoo-yahoo, wire-frauds, scams, drug-trafficking, prostitution even petty theft like Seun Egbegbe and co who go around stealing publicly and getting spanked but not quitting like deranged goats.

I guess we had it coming because a corruption-ridden haven like Nigeria can't have musicians doing showbiz "just for the art" for too long!
You have only succeeded in praising others and destroying your own. So you actually did not make any point. Americans sing about crime and many of them practice what they sing about and a whole lot of them have been arrested and jailed and some of them know how they keep their game with the Police and the FBI. Those arrested and jailed come out without losing their image or popularity except if they lose their voice from the trauma of jail. American singers write and sing about crime and they actually practice what they sing about. some have been caught with drugs. some have been caught with powerful dangerous weapons. some have been caught in fraud. others have been caught in rapes and paedophilia. I just don't understand why people like to praise foreigners and destroy themselves insensibly. I would understand if actually what you wrote is true. but it's not. American law enforcers are also corrupt. believe me

4 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Papiikush:
Falz is the only educated fellow amongst those Niggas you listed.

EDUCATION always make you stand out.

Softwalk nko
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by iyayip(m): 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
wetin “softwork" come promote?
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by aiir2303(m): 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
ikp120:
Bro, everybody dey work hard o. Including the Yahoo boys, armed robbers, kidnappers, etc.

Here is the main lyrics for workaholic.

workaholic chill o
worki worki relax o
body no be machine o

That's an advice even common sense go give you. People trade their health for wealth. That's greed bro. E go kill you before you go fit enjoy the wealth.
Nice one mate! Common sense you've got. Can't say for some peeps

2 Likes

Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Ryocaj(m): 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
Papiikush:
Falz is the only educated fellow amongst those Niggas you listed.

EDUCATION always make you stand out.
Reminisce studied purchasing n supply.. CDQ is a lawyer like Falz.. Get ur facts right..
Re: 10 Artistes That Have Promoted Fraudsters In Their Songs, Can Falz Win This War? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
What about;
olowo by Cdq ft Reminisce
Champagne shower by Terry Apala [where he said "I get keyboard to monitor"],
Dotman-Akube,
Igboro by Phamous,
Igboro remix by Phamous ft Phyno and Reminisce.
The list is long, I can't recollect many of these songs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Odunlade Adekola Celebrates His 40th Birthday As He Dances With His Wife / The World's Most Scariest Celebrity / Wizkid Gives A Fan His Expensive Ring At An Event In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.