Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Signs To Note When Your Car Transmission Is About To Go Bad - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Signs To Note When Your Car Transmission Is About To Go Bad (12519 Views)

These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / Signs To Note When Your Brakes Need Servicing / Tips To Note When A Car Overheats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs To Note When Your Car Transmission Is About To Go Bad by hedrez: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2017
Hi,
I drive a Honda Accord 03 but recently, i noticed the gear malfunction by not selecting properly. Mostly if i put on A/C in traffick, it will engage but forcefully transmit with high jack to next. (2) Is there other ATF to service this accord transmission apart from ATF DW1?
Thanks
Re: Signs To Note When Your Car Transmission Is About To Go Bad by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
BTT:
It is a 2000 Infiniti G20 (Nissan Primera, if you like).

The gear does not pick once I engage the gear in D after a long cold-time, eg, first drive in the morning. It usually takes between 1 to 2 minutes before it responds. But once the car picks, it works fine for the rest of the time, except when it is packed again for long.

I am trying to troubleshoot. Any help please.
It's called Morning Sickness.
Re: Signs To Note When Your Car Transmission Is About To Go Bad by BTT(m): 8:17am On Jul 27, 2017
Costee:

It's called Morning Sickness.

I see you quote the same car in your signature. Any ideas?
Re: Signs To Note When Your Car Transmission Is About To Go Bad by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
BTT:

I see you quote the same car in your signature. Any ideas?
Usually, it's a clogged line pressure solenoid in the valve body. Gears 1 & 2 will soon be affected if not already. No problems with the reverse.
Options: (i) attempt to clean the solenoid; (ii) attempt to replace the solenoid; (iii) replace the transmission.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 Bad Car Habits / Quack Tracking Companies In Nigeria / P1656 TOYOTA - Oil Control Valve Circuit Malfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.