Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! (31378 Views)

What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by StoneColdBiceps(m): 1:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......

From the name you choose to bear on your tread it seems your a muslim. No, im not trying to profile you or whatever. With open mind. I want to talk from the point of view of you trying to take sumting in the dream without getting the item. Now, i'll relate it to the kind of dream. i "used" to dream im in exam class not writing anything and not submitting while watching others submit their papers. That dream in the scale of 1-10 is 9.

Now, i have this strong passion of been a musician doing music. I tried so hard on my own blindly and empty just moving and going. I was lacking. The dream keeps coming. This passion was around 2000-2006 and maybe further.

One faithful year i decided to take my Christianity seriouse by getting to know the bible very well and also going to a church i have identified. I get to understand that we need to have a one on one relationship with God Jesus the Holy Spirit. Now this is aside.
Something led to something i decided to go for deliverance so i went to mfm head quater yaba to do deliverance. I read the bible especially some passages that relates to my situations.

To cut long story short, its been close to 10 years now iv stoped dreaming that dream. Also i could remember i dont sleep facing up because ill always have nightmare. But after the whole thing i can sleep like a baby facing up.
God is directing my steps on the verge of my music pursuit.

Op you could be a great or important person that has something you are pursueing or trying to achieve but adversaries are on the way.

Seek God. Let the Holy Spirit guide and lead you.

My take.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Elbizzcklinz(m): 1:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... Hello fellows,my name is Shuaibu(not real name),am in my late twenties and am from Edo. So this is my story:

... Everything was going well and I was really at my peak until this happened some 11 years ago(2006 precisely)...... I was at home with my Guardian's wife and one of my cousins at night(around 8pm or so) when suddenly I heard someone call my name at the door and I answered rushing to open the door,only to discover that there was nobody at the door and i was a little terrified. And that ordeal, I can say was the beginning of my mystery.

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis...
if u wanna be free , pls go to mountain of fire deliverance...pls do so. Attend the church 4ever.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
pweetiedee:

hmmm
forgive me Buh I love yhur signature.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
I had similar experience growing up, until I realize the great power stored inside me. I learnt to tap into that power through Jesus, and have been free since then.
That is my wisdom for you here, i wont say more than that

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by pweetiedee(m): 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
chalantmike:
forgive me Buh I love yhur signature.
Thank you
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Chemist009(m): 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
..... In one of d dreams,i was boldly told that i have been tied down .... And my father as a matter of fact died from Witchcraft attack ...... In truth,my story is really a mystery,A big mystery!
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by littlewonders: 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
Post Traumatic sleep disorder. Google it. It might help.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by GuineaFowlYansh(m): 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
For the pressing and holding you down, don't sleep with your chest up. Instead sleep with your back up!

You can also read on "astral projection". Man is a complex being. No be everything be winch!

Enjoy my 75 cents.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Graphene(m): 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

Later on,I began having series of terrible nightmares that would linger on to become part of my life till this day. Firstly,I would always dream that I want to take something,but my hand will never get to it as i would stretch and stretch-and it was a recurring nightmare that happened on a regular basis. Secondly,I always dreamt that am always being pursued or running and when am running, it's usually at a very very slow rate and this dream too happened all the time. And so for a long sustained period,i had these two nightmares and in most occasions,always in danger.

Fastforward to a few years later and I would notice deterioration in every facet of my life, yet, I would just ignore. Later around 2012, I would gain admission into the University, but I well too realised that I was never the same again..... Before i entered University though, I began having health challenges (chest pain and discomfort) and I inwardly suspected it's a heart problem. So at the University, to cut a long story short, I never got anywhere near my peak and it was always whenever i had it in mind that I wanted to study or exams were around the corner that my chest problem always came, but when free or unoccupied or during holidays, I felt healthy and this was the trend all through my University days.

Again, although it was nightmares pre University, at the university it became somewhat metaphysical and it was in truth worrying. Whenever i slept and wanted to wake up, I always felt as though am being held down and standing up or even shaking becomes impossible and this has continued till this day. In summary, of recent it's either very terrible nightmares or not being able to stand up when awake as a result of being held down-and this mainly happens when am sleeping alone and in most cases when the room is dark.

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......
Brother do a research on sleep paralysis. There's nothing spiritual wrong with you. You only have a psychological problem. Just go see a psychologist
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Fearcom(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

The the if comes not but for to steal, kill and destroy.... John10:10

You're under Demonic attack
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by ElPhoche(m): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So far all that u mentioned are medical problems. I can't speak much about it, just visited a government hospital n meet a good doctor n explain all or problems in clear terms, don't hoard any information. He will take it up from there. U won't regret it.
Dude might just be developing some schizophrenia, or even paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea. It is well shaa.

I also had that thing where something presses u down on the bed some years ago, it's highly physical, there's nothing spiritual about it. It's a medical issue, U wake (as in ur eyes open) before ur brain wakes up ur muscles, that's why u can't move.

Tkr
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by banggy: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
My blooda, seek spiritual intervention.
its beyond ordinary. God will definitely set you free

Shallom!!

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
.... Truth is my both parents died mysteriously when I was very young,.... and at my teenage years,I was almost a genius. But since this stuff started,I just feel a gradual dwindling of all my abilities ....... Actually graduated with CGPA of 3.47 -scoring 68 in a 6 unit project work where 2 marks would have given me 2.1 ..... And also scored 2 other 68's in that final semester..... This is just a small example

guy first conquer yhur victim mentality, its so Nigerian and its annoying and impelling.
too much catfishing, until yhu learn to conquer that victim mentality, no God in heaven or on earth can help, at least not before they help yhu conquer that mentality .

yhur not a victim in the course of yhur life, yhur very much a Creator, yhu just an unconscious Creator.
wakeup guy everything you've said just makes me believe that your a spiritual person. I cant say on what level strength sha.

Religion and Spirituality are very different things know the different, yhuve been busy sleeping spiritually and suffering the consequence of yhur unused power.

yhur complaining of graduating with a low grade when yhur were warned, yhu were shown the pattern of the path/goal yhu were trending, without looking at the signs and considering a redirection of purpose, purpose in life changes. so does ambition, in life there are defining moments that would characterize a redirection, change of course.

the human mind is naturally a Scarry and confusing place, yhur mind is like a wild horse,yhu either tame it by learning to control it or yhu redirect its raw strength to achieve yhur goals.

one when yhuve successfully face yhur demons and that confusion the mind naturally impose, only then can yhu see the beauty of it.

the human mind usually doesn't communicate in 1's,2's and words, only a trained mind does that effectively.

it communicates through extreme emotion, symbolism, because the language of the subconscious is very primitive and old.

when yhu were born, yhu developed a conscious mind a personality that learned 1,2,3, A,B,C etc, and a para consciousness that recognises it as symbols than actual words or numbers.
But your subconsciousness was never taught this language, as yhu yourself didn't have a direct access to yhur subconscious mind.
so the subconsciousness is very much like a child that sees an ant and Screams,Cries the whole house down.
or a child that is scared of the dark, cause it is untrained and primitive yet very powerful, yhur is the part of yhu that very much limitless.

Accept that yhu did not read the signs early, yhu were unable to use yhur gift to navigate the cause of yhur life, by accepting yhu prepare yhurself to learn and access yhur gift.

yhur first lesson would be to learn that yhur not a victim, yhu next would be to know yourself properly, I don't think yhur a religious person, I think yhur very spiritual and have been experiencing awakening all yhur life.
when the student is ready the teacher always appear.

there different paths to awaken , I can't prescribe one for yhu ,Buh if yhu search yhurself, yhull know the path for yhu, whether its the realm of logic n reasoning vias Atheism or plain Spirituality and logic Theisms etc.

if yhur a true religious person, then Islam or Christianity should work for yhu.

take care
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by pjjack26: 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
chieveboy:

Sure!
Actually curses does exist if you ask me but from a Biblical view point no man can lay a curse on you especially if you don't permit it to rest on you
because you are one with God through Christ Jesus . More so, you have to take responsibility for your thoughts as the Bible says in Proverbs 23vs7 For as he thinketh ,so is he.(part b). So you have to condition your thoughts to seeing yourself as s free man not under any curse(s). In the same breath God hasn't cursed you and so you can't be cursed as stated in Numbers 23vs8.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by pjjack26: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:
..... In one of d dreams,i was boldly told that i have been tied down .... And my father as a matter of fact died from Witchcraft attack ...... In truth,my story is really a mystery,A big mystery!

The actual you should do now is for you to seek some spiritual counsel to help you overcome this menace ...
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by miltonchux(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
Guy you are going through witchcraft attack, don't listen to all this physical advices. Go and seek spiritual counsel from a reliable man of God and also be strong in your prayers. Get the word of God in your spirits and take control of your challenges. No short cut about it, may God grace be with you. Amen
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Niflheim(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
@op, i am sorry about what you are going through, however, they are not spiritual................they are physical. 1.only a human being can call your name at night or it was an auditory hallucintion. 2.being unable to move at night is sleep paralysis.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by greatcrown: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
Are u a Christian or do you believe in prayer?

If yes visit this website; www.firesprings.com.

I look forward to your testimony, very soon!
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by mager: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
Oga u have a spiritual wife 4real
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by omoISEYIN(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

if you are Muslim maybe you can relate with what is have to say.
Firstly, if you've not been doing it you need to be actively reciting azkar, morning and evening.

Secondly as a matter of urgency, if it's what's you're truly experiencing look for knowledgeable cleric to perform Rukia (exorcism) to your house or yourself if the need arises.
Pray! pray!! pray!!!
All the best bro, it's not a good experience.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by baba4thegehs: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

So far all that u mentioned are medical problems. I can't speak much about it, just visited a government hospital n meet a good doctor n explain all or problems in clear terms, don't hoard any information. He will take it up from there. U won't regret it.

I also had that thing where something presses u down on the bed some years ago, it's highly physical, there's nothing spiritual about it. It's a medical issue, U wake (as in ur eyes open) before ur brain wakes up ur muscles, that's why u can't move.

Tkr
That thing happens to almost everyone I know.

Sure it's physical.

Sometimes when I visit a friend in a location I haven't been to before that's when it happens and I immediately rebuke it.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by kubrat(f): 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

It's way more mysterious than i presented it, but this is just a Summary of everything. Opinions please cos I feel trapped......if you re muslim as ur (not real name) depicts pray every nitebefore u sleep
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by unik4real(m): 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
It is a serious issue. It is said that "he who wears shoes knows where it pinches him". It is spiritual that controls the physical. Before certain things happen in the physical, it have been revealed in the spiritual realm. A lot of things happen in the spiritual realm that brings a setback, frustration, stagnation, inability to achieve your goals or desires.
Look for a solution before it gets worse.
Please seek counsel from man of God (genuine man), for prayer and counselling.
You can check my signature, mail me so we can talk better.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Daboomb: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by abeeceebee: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Chemist009:

In my humble opinion @ OP you need Christ in your life. Don't feel too big or too proud, find a living church around you and begin to worship there. Surrender your totality on to Christ and join a working department in the church. When you start doing all these you will see that all the evil spirit that are tormenting your life will desist. Don't thank me now but later when you begin to experience the power of the living God through Jesus Christ His son.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
If you don't have a pastor, pls get 1.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by smileshinz(f): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=OtemAtum post=57807918]
Guy come, are you living inside my mind? That's exactly my story too. Since 2016 January till today, I don't cry to get whatever I wanted anymore, just because I started facing the world psychologically. Hmm.
How did u do that?
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Iamdmentor1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
Op. You need Jesus. You may Deliverance. If you're in Edo, find Christian pentecostal mission. It's located at mission Rd, Benin city.

Only God can help you, seek him.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by BackToLife: 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
It happened to someone very close to me. If only some specially created youths know the kind of uncommon Glory they carry, they would not submitt to the common trend and open way for demons to hijack it through sex. Try to recall the last girl u fvcked before this started. This kind of bondage comes into Glorious Destinies through sex in order to waste it. You had sex with a demonic girl, and that same demon would still enslave other girls u mated since then. Locate an MFM Church asap. One there,ask about and enlist into the 3 days dry fasting Deliverace programme. Visualize JESUS Christ on Highest Throne over the Universe throughout the programme. Make sure u remember your dreams throughout the programme. You'll surely see and destroy the person/power behind your problem.
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by askjohnprosper: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
Please and Please, If you want all this nonsense to stop, take God seriously. please visit Omega Power Ministries OPM in Port Harcourt and hear testimonies. Nothing God cannot do. Everything there is free. intact if any man of any god have ask you for payment, he is an arm robber, a thief and a rogue. watch testimonies on your cable TV for free. OPM
Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by OtemAtum: 7:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
smileshinz:
Simple, whatever I want to get in life, I spend time visualising it rather than thinking that the enemies are with it and I have to get it by force. Rather, I visualise what I want and work for it and I get it within a short period of time.
If I have disturbing nightmares that reoccurs, I tell myself the characters in my nightmares are not demons because demons don't exist. Then before going to bed the next time, I tell myself that I'm gonna change my nightmares to Hollywood movie where I am the hero in it. Then when I get into the dream, I wasn't the victim anymore. I beat silly out of the supposed demons.
Whenever I was having sleep paralysis(which the religious call demonic oppression), in the past I scare myself to near death because of it. But now, I love to study it whenever it comes. I lie still and study its nature.
When I slept and woke up with scratches on my body earlier, I thought it was demon that did it. But I soon began to realise that while I was sleeping, the heat was much and mosquitoes were humming all over me. And I scratched the hell out of my skin unknowingly until Nepa brought light and I stopped.

Other stuffs like witches, wizards, spiritual attacks etc are just mere psychological things which depends on how you want to take them. If you take them as nothing, they are nothing, but if you take them as powerful entities, then they appear powerful to you. It's just about how you see them, but in the actual sense, they are just the same as everyone else, but with higher psychical ability which they built up for themselves over the years, dahz all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Me When I Sleep. Could I Be Haunted? Please Help! by Charcoalcity: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
I hardly comment in this kind of stories but I'm moved by your story. If you are a Muslim just pray 5 times daily and pray tajood rigorously and at the end of d tajood recite ayatul Kursiyu 1000times for 7days. Bro, I don't want shout but I can simply say your problem will surely be gone. You can always recite the holy Quran before you sleep too and immediately you wake up. You really don't know how powerful Almighty Allah is ooo. Do this and tell us the result after 7days.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prince Dele Banjo's Letter To Kumuyi / Nigeria’s Oldest Pastor, Samuel Sadela, Dies At 114yrs / What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.