Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health (7505 Views)

Lockdown: Governor Ugwuanyi Defies Night Rain To Enforce Curfew (Photos) / Google Maps Reveals Favourite Lagos Bars, Restaurants And Tourist Attractions / SARS Officer Smoking In Port-Harcourt During Election While On Duty. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by exlinklodge: 7:29am On Jun 24, 2017
Some people may think is a misplaced priority but the truth is, is not. The minister of health, Isaac Adewole, has written to the Attorney-General of the Federation and the Nigeria Police Force over the enforcement of the 2015 National Tobacco Control Act. Mr. Adewole requested for their collaboration in the enforcement of the law saying:

'It has become imperative to strengthen our collaborative efforts and to urgently start implementing and enforcing the provisions of the NTC Act 2015 in order to protect and promote the health of the citizens'.

The National Tobacco Control Act that was signed into law in 2015 by former President Goodluck Jonathan stipulates that;

1. Prohibition of the sale of tobacco products to and by anyone below age 18.

2. Ban of sale of cigarettes in single sticks; cigarettes must be sold in packs of 20 sticks only.

3. Smokeless tobacco shall be sold in a minimum of a pack of 30 grammes.

4. Ban of sale or offer for sale or distribution of tobacco or tobacco products through mail, internet, or other online devices.

5. Prohibition of interference of tobacco industry in public health and related issues.

6. Prohibition of smoking in anywhere on the premises of a child care facility, educational facility, and healthcare facility. Other prohibited for smoking include playgrounds, amusement parks, plazas, public parks, stadia, public transport, restaurants’ bar, and other public gathering spaces.

7. Prosecution of owner or manager of any of the places listed above who permits, encourages or fails to stop smoking in the above listed places.

8. Prohibition of tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship of any kind.

9. Compliance with specified standards for content as set out by Standards Organization of Nigeria.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/06/time-to-enforce-laws-banning-smoking-in.html

8 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by sunnysunny69(m): 7:31am On Jun 24, 2017
This ban is long overdue, if it can be enforced yes it's a good development. Tobacco is responsible for countless of cancer that killed smokers.

16 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by sarrki(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2017
Not good news for the tobacco coy

Good development sha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Alisegun(m): 7:46am On Jun 24, 2017
good development

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by nddydamzi(f): 7:56am On Jun 24, 2017
let them ban it abeg. I'm tried of my landlord's son choking me with cigarette smoke

13 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Magicmichael(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
Where can I sale iTunes card
Pls help a brother

1 Like

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by candidbabe(f): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
grin
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by oshe11: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
Na the smoking affect Buhari wen make am go London

Im nt for smoking ooo bt its irrelevant for now

Meanwhile....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Sexytemi(f): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
k
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2017
But Jonathan tried sha...

The way this policy will affect businesses ehn, it shall be nuclear cool shocked
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by princemidon(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nice one
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
dead on arrival..... "DOA".
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by mikkypel(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
This is not a good news for jingolar... Dude use to use manual grinder to grind his weed... U wld think he is grinding pepper... FG has taken his joy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by NwaNimo1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
Go to hell Mr Minister...... how else can I properly enjoy my beer?

Don't force me to abandon joints cos dat no go help the economy.

Na dem go suffer pass me cos I get crates of can beer for house, packets of cigar, and music.

15 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by iluvpomo(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
Progressive idea, however enforcement will be difficult and it will just enable our dear NPF to collect free beer & pepper soup from the bars that do not comply grin
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by rebirthiix: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
Story

3 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Funlord2(m): 4:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother

How much worth of itunes cards do you want to buy?
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by mooremoney(m): 4:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
Something must kill a man. They should free smokers joor. Why not banned alcohol too? Oh i forget it gives vitamin. Nonsense :-XSomething must kill a man. They should free smokers joor. Why not banned alcohol too? Oh i forget it gives vitamin. Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Pavore9: 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
More bribe taking avenue for the police;
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by liftedhigh: 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by emperorchedda(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by arewaboy01(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
nahhhhh
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Funlord2(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
Who even smokes in restaurants? As for bars good luck with that!
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by slawomir: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by emperorchedda(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother
I buy them. Send me a pm
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by idu1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
So, where person go smoke in peace again?

Mosque abi church?
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by talk2saintify(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
only?

1 Like

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Enforce what laws

Provide the mustard points first nah, before blowing ur horn...since u claim to be more civil, act like it.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by lymelyte(m): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magicmichael:
Pls help a brother
pm me asap
Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by Stevengold(m): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
mikkypel:
This is not a good news for jingolar... Dude use to use manual grinder to grind his weed... U wld think he is grinding pepper... FG has taken his joy

cheesy they've closed down his mini tobacco company.

1 Like

Re: Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health by lwils1: 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
Distraction everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bye Bye To You All. I'm Tired Of Life. Let Me Go And Rest / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At Last! / Gej's Golden Silence On Gadaffi's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.