Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? (1933 Views)

Original Hausa Names And Thier Meanings / What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother / Is Taking Care Of Your Parents Your Responsibility? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by fingard02k(m): 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2010
Have you ever called them (your mother or your father) his real name?if yes lets share your experience.for of i've tried but i cant.have you tried b4 lets know
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 26, 2010
my parents real names are Mum and Dad. i have always known them by that name and they havent got any other in MY world.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by mcnepow(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2010
shocked u wan wound?? na die be dat oh!
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:15am On Jan 27, 2010
I call my step mom by her real name.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by chic2pimp(m): 6:25am On Jan 27, 2010
Hell Yeah, Absolutely. What's the big deal? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 27, 2010
It's not ideal
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:31am On Jan 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It's not ideal

In who's world ?
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 27, 2010
LOL I do, lol when we're joking. But I always put " Madam" or "Lady" in front of it. Cant just call her by her name, I dnt want to insult my mom in anyway cool
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by chic2pimp(m): 6:36am On Jan 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It's not ideal
How so?

FL Gators:

LOL I do, lol when we're joking. But I always put " Madam" or "Lady" in front of it. Cant just call her by her name, I dnt want to insult my mom in anyway cool
Dem never slap your Bum Bum abi? undecided
Also how is calling them by their fist names an insult? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 27, 2010
chic2pimp:

Dem never slap your Bum Bum abi? undecided
Also how is calling them by their fist names an insult? undecided
I cherish my Nigerian culture. If we have to add "bro" and "aunty" to our elder siblings name, why would I dare call my mom by her first name?
If you cannot respect the age difference, respect that she's your mother. Not at the same level.

Ahhh, my mom is not the beating kind. . . . her words are more poisonous grin
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 27, 2010
Ogidiboy
in yoruba's world
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by OgidiBoy(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ogidiboy
in yoruba's world

Thanks I'm not Yoruba so I won't know. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Akebulan: 6:50am On Jan 27, 2010
My dad jokes that he is young and that I am older than him. When he does, I call him his first name and send him on errands. Then he laughs lol
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by iice(f): 6:03pm On Jan 27, 2010
Ke? You wan scatter be that cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by mamagee3(f): 2:35am On Jan 28, 2010
Only when I'm trying to give an example in a discussion.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by N101: 12:23am On Jan 31, 2010
Yes, especially on the telephone and they haven't figured out it's me grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by sjeezy8: 3:35am On Jan 31, 2010
I call my parents by their name when im just kidding but my step mother "ma" because shes Ondo.
and she always runs her mouth about my parents and I not growing up with "real yoruba" training, but i can see where shes coming from.

She dont understand how we do in LASGIDI tho
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by shilling(f): 5:21am On Jan 31, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

my parents real names are Mum and Dad. i have always known them by that name and they havent got any other in MY world.

Me too.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by GL(f): 9:13am On Jan 31, 2010
fingard02k:

Have you ever called them (your mother or your father) his real name?if yes lets share your experience.for of[b] i've tried but i cant[/b].have you tried b4 lets know

lol, me too. i went for an interview (secondary school) when i was 9 and the first question i was asked was my father's full name. i knew the answer but couldn't say because i was sitting between my parents and my dad was looking at me. so i lied that i didn't know his name, and started crying. they probably guessed i was embarrassed cos they didn't ask for my mom's full name.

MRbrownJAY:

me too (actually it's Mummy & Dad). even when i'm talking to people who don't know my parents i always say 'my mum(my) or my dad'.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by H2O2: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2010
By their names?  Lol that's some shet right there.  Dem never born me well yet for me to try that kain thing lol

I chop winch?
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by dayokanu(m): 8:12am On Feb 02, 2010
I dey craze? Call my parents by their names?
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by ceasyc(f): 9:57am On Feb 02, 2010
I don't normally call dem by their names - dey r called dad n mom
BUT wem am very pissed/angry or wen dey piiss me off, I do ohhh!
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by ceasyc(f): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2010
@H202, "I chop winch?" LMAO
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by H2O2: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2010
@ceasyc lol wetin dey laugh you o?

am i that funny
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by ceasyc(f): 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2010
H2O2:

By their names? Lol that's some shet right there. Dem never born me well yet for me to try that kain thing lol

I chop winch?

dat 1 funny die, i remember ppl used dat sentence a lot wen i was growing up
winch instead of witch - i chop winch? funny dat
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by H2O2: 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2010
oy, i c. yea, just another one of those funny sayings.
are you authentically african? or british
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by snowdrops(m): 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2010
Not natural to Nigerian or African culture.
But in the western world, whats sthe big deal!!
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by 1stknight(m): 2:24am On Feb 05, 2010
I dare nt try dat wif my pa nd ma
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by chrisical(m): 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2010
I no fit.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Beaf: 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
Jesu!
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
Beaf:

Jesu!

^^ you can bomb your parents but you cant call them their real names?

gosh you're messed up
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
I've never called my parents by their first names. It's inappropriate.

If I call my uncles and aunts Uncle ***** and Aunty ***** out of respect, why would I now disrespect my parents by calling them by their first names? I've always called them Mom and Dad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Superstitious Belief.. / Meet Taiwo Agbona, The Young Lady Chosen By Oracle To Become The ‘king’ Of Ondo / Ijaw Originating As European Ship Servants From Ghana, India , Indonesia Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.