Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

My Experience With A Flea Market Vendor In Ladipo Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With A Flea Market Vendor In Ladipo Market (606 Views)

Fire Guts Ladipo Market, Lagos (video) / Lagos Govt. Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market / Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Flea Market Vendor In Ladipo Market by Ezi39: 11:49am On Jun 24, 2017
As usual, the boy came swarming around me like a bee. When the realisation hit me that he was out to cause inflation, I became careful and complied with him. This I did for him not to notice my plan.
Soon we entered a shop and he asked the dealer how much he was selling the electronics I wanted to buy. The moment the dealer quoted the price, the flea market vendor asked me to bargain it. I knowingly came down in order to upset the dealer. At that juncture, the flea market vendor favoured me with a sign.
We walked out only for him to persuade me to buy the electronics. Knowing that he was out for inflation in order for him to collect whatever that added to the the marked price, I staged a walkout and he followed me.
At a stage, I dislodged him and went to another shop that was just very close to the one he led me to. Guess what! I bought the same electronics at exactly what I bargained!
The realisation shocked me into silence when I figured out that the flea market vendor would have made a cool N1,000 from me!
This is a boy that accosted me on the pretence of helping me. He told me all kinds of stories about fake goods in that market and how some dealers are selling some fake goods. He assured me that he would help me get a better electronic.
What really surprised me was how the dealer let me walked out even after bargaining to the marked price. Is this not causing 'bad market' for him? How can a dealer let his customer leave just because a flea market vendor want to make money. This is foolishness.
Re: My Experience With A Flea Market Vendor In Ladipo Market by JamieLannister: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
If you don't know them you fall in their trap. You were smart by allowing him think he's in control, works best if you don't know your way around. Every shop they take you is likely compromised because they get a percent from the sales, which means price will be higher. If they've gotten you to the section of the market where you'll find the items you want, be firm and stop them at the first shop, then find your way.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Flea Market Vendor In Ladipo Market by Opengates(m): 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
That is how they reason and aside, there are lots of customers that do patronize them, so they don't bother. If you didn't buy someone else will buy shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Flea Market Vendor In Ladipo Market by Ezi39: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Next time he will keep off when he sees me. He used casuistry in an attempt to convince but he met his match. If you don't want them to to besiege you with offers, continue walking when they want to move in front of you.
Just tell me how someone will be making N1,000 or more from customers and he calls it an ideal business. It is not justified at all.

(1) (Reply)

Gas Engine Generator / Ecommerce Giants Strive To Break Even / Learn How To Crack Softwares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.