Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,464 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:53 AM

Mask Hunter - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mask Hunter (140735 Views)

Awaken: Divine Hunter / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / The Hunter - A Techno thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:07am On Jul 01, 2017
Please enjoy
Re: Mask Hunter by EvaJael(f): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2017
Poor Omolara.
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Tank U For Dedicated Hmmmmmm Omolara

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
Toyin223:
Tank U For Dedicated Hmmmmmm Omolara
you are welcome ma'am........ Can she really avoid the unavoidable?
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Dedicated to our new followers,,, XCELsis, Toyin223, Samesquare.....

CHAPTER 18

The dreadful occurrence had made sure that their future never remained in the limelight, Jide had taken over every possession leaving them with nothing but a dilapidated building in a deserted area of Lagos state. Omolara and her children buttled with hunger, cold and mosquitoes.. They battled with hunger in the day and were being tortured by cold and mosquitoes every night... Even the swarm of termites and bugs had their own share of fists on them..

To make the matter worse, omolara's illness was deteriorating, she had no strength to work neither did she have the power to cater for the children, perhaps her husband's betrayal had debilitated her impairing conditions.
Now that her days were near, she called Jason one evening after they had eaten the meal of garri and water which was merged as lunch and dinner.

"Jason my son" she sighed and too a long breath before she continued "you see, the dove will one day fly into the sky and wont return. The river will stop flowing, the sun will cease giving its light, the moon will be hindered from illuminating the earth, leaving the earth in a complete darkness.........," Jason was confused as he was too young to Decipher the massages her mother was trying to pass across. If the dove flew into the sky and refused to come back, then it might have located the garden of Eden, perhaps seen that the place was more comfortable than earth, hence decided to stay..... How could the sun stop giving light unless there was eclipse of the sun and even if there was, it would be for a short time, he Thought as he listened on to what he believed were hogwashes, perhaps her mother was rambling...

"......... One day you will see me, another day you won't see me again...." she said ruefully as tears formed into her eyes. It was now more eqivocal to him.
Where was she going, was she planning to leave them, maybe she was planning to meet their father without them, if she was, then her plans wouldn't work for he would trail her to wherever she went,he thought...

".... My boy, anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm, being a leader is not about being aged or perfect, it's about weathering the storm and carrying on. Soon, Jason, you will be In charge of your brother. Promise me that you will protect him and with him, you will survive this cruel word? " she concluded..

Jason looked lost, her mother sounded ambiguous, it was like she was speaking in an unclear language.. Since he knew her mother, she had never left them.just like a snail and its shell, wherever she went, they followed. But why did It look different now, perhaps she's going to a place where children are not allowed..Well, since she wouldn't take long before she returned, he promised his mother.

Suddenly, omolara started shivering violently, like a convulsing patient, Jason immediately forgot their conversation. "Momma, what is wrong?" he asked eagerly. He had noticed that his mother was not feeling well, he had suspected it long before now, she had grown very thin, her bones were threatening to break out of the confinement of her shrinking skins, her eyes were hollow and weak and her hairs were almost gone. The beautiful woman he had known had become attenuated, she had become a scarecrow..

Hooooops
Thanks for the Mention baba
Evening y'all
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Eku ile Ara ile ooo
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
samesquare:

Hooooops
Thanks for the Mention baba
Evening y'all
you are welcome.... How Hustle today
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
samesquare:
Eku ile
Ara ile ooo
Ekaabo kilemu bo
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
AyarmBoye:
you are welcome.... How Hustle today

Good for the first day of the month but more is expected
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Ekaabo kilemu bo
Nothing oo Just bread,kilichi nd sauce, I hope you all like it...
Northern things
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
samesquare:

Nothing oo
Just bread,kilichi nd sauce,
I hope you all like it...

Northern things
that one sef make..... We go manage am bee bee

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2017
Morning guys, I'm sorry I have not been able to update... I have been very busy... But will drop some soon... Bear with me biko
Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Morning guys, I'm sorry I have not been able to update... I have been very busy... But will drop some soon... Bear with me biko

No P, sha drop beta bomb for us make we take jollof Monday afternoon
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2017
samesquare:

No P, sha drop beta bomb for us make we take jollof Monday afternoon
trust me nah....... I no de fall hands Lolz
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
trust me nah....... I no de fall hands Lolz
waiting
Re: Mask Hunter by Deji124(m): 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
No probs but be quick in updating the story,
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chapter 18 continuation

----------------__________________________________----------

Jason was now running aimlessly at that time of the night holding onto his baby brother very tightly. The forest had contained absolute tranquility except for the chirping of the crickets, the crooks of frogs and the hoots of owls... Although the moon was shining brighty,, Jason had problems seeing his path for the tears in his eyes had blurred his vision..
As he ran, he galloped into holes caused as a result of poor topography of the soil, he stepped into muds and his clothes were torn by growing thorns but he wouldn't reduce the speed at which he accelerated.. Soon, the frogs stopped croaking, deers ran into their hutches, monkeys ceased their chatters, even the serpents scampered away, they had thought that a powerful hunter is hunting wild game or being hunted by a wild beast, they didn't plan to be caught in the middle of such hunts...

Suddenly Jason stopped, now gasping for breathe and completely exhausted, he halted. How could he have left his indisposed mother alone with those men, what if they were there to hurt her, what if they planned to kidnap her or maybe do the worst? He needed to save her mother from the looming trouble. He quickly made back to the dilapidated building, although he had problems locating it, but being a brave and determined boy he was, he eventually found it...
Jason was about to enter the building when he heard a man talking in a cruel voice, he hesitated, then peeped through the key hole and eavesdroped.. All this while, Tony was fast asleep

"where are your manners, young man?" the leader said to the man who had earlier introduced themselves as death, he gave him a scornful look as he continued "you don't talk to a beautiful woman lie that, be a gentleman for once"
He then faced omolara and gave her a dreadful smile "pretty, I apologize for his insolvency but you have two options...." he said as he brought out a fat rolled weed and then lighted it, he then continued "you either answer my question and die a painless death or answer my question my question and die a painful death.." he gave a long draw on the weed and inhaled the Contents into his long ".... But the painful or painless part of the death depends on how co-operative you are..." he concluded as e exhaled the smoke through his nostrils at omolara's face.. His eyes turned red immediately as he shook his head violently like a beast which had been caught in a trap,he roared.

"where are the children?" he said...
"which children? I'm just a lonely widow without a child "omolara lied wondering how they knew about Jason and Tony. She had thought they were ordinary thieves who had come to plunder. But it appeared she was wrong for the hoodlums weren't there for money neither were they there for gold, they were there for their lives. She was glad that she had made them exit the building before they could get their filthy hands on them....

"wasp! Wasp!! "two strong slaps landed on her face bring her back to reality.
" you Liar bitch, you want to tempt my patience "

Surprisenly, omolara didn't flinch, she rather smiled, spat the blood in her mouth on his face and said" you are an idiot, what mother would sell her children out to the devils like you? , I'm going to die anyway, just kill me and get it over with but you will never found them, never!"

"yes, you are going to die and I wil be honored to grant your request you bitch" the leader said in a murmur barely audible to her...

"bleep her to death "he said in a slang which is vague to omolara nd the eavesdropping Jason. The other men smiled broadly as they unzipped their trousers, it then occurred to her what was about to happen, she screamed..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
Deji124:
No probs but be quick in updating the story,
yea my problem is my bad charger.... Looking forward to getting another one
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
Toyin223:
waiting
updated ma'am... Thanks for ur patience...
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chapter 18 cont'd

Jason, who was still peeping, was at rage, he clinched his fists tightly, his eyes turned red with hatred, his blood boiled. He wanted to beat them to death and feed them to the vultures but he knew that making such silly attempt was suicidal. Although he wasn't afraid of death, he knew his innocent Brother would be killed too..
Jason watched as the men took turn on his mother, the men were smiling at the pleasure while omolara screamed in pain.. They continued the villainous act for several minutes until she stopped breathing, she had been raped to death... They searched every corner of the room and couldn't find anything useful, they were about to leave when they heard the cry of a baby, Tony had woken up...

Jason was filled with terror and fear, he quickly turned and started running, as tiny as his legs are, he brisked along the dark forest but he wasn't running alone, he was being pursued by the gang leader, who had ordered the other men to set the building ablaze.. Jason ran aimlessly but very fast,as fast as he was, it was futile for the baby wouldn't stop crying and the pursuer was trailing the crying sound...

Jason soon saw an abandoned small hut, he quickly hid inside, he checked on the crying baby who was covered In blood, Jason was frightened for he thought the baby had been hurt. He soon realized that Tony was covered in his own blood, he had ran through shrubs and trees with thorns and his skin had been pierced, he felt relieved that the baby was safe...

Jason knew if he didn't stop the crying baby, they wouldn't be found..he tried to pet him but to no avail, he sang to him, Pat his back gently and even clapped but they all proved abortive...
Now the man was few meters away from them, Jason remembered the drug he had stolen from a pharmacy for her mother.. It was the sleeping drug which he had taken illegally as a remedy for her mother's sleeplessness. He quickly brought it out and chewed it into a liquid substance and spat the saliva mixed substance into his mouth...

In no time, they both slept off.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
Shalomdee,, Deji124, wizsolzy, xaviercasmir, Benteazaa, EvaJael, donkelz, Ibunkun1, XCELsis, Toyin223, Samesquare,,, I have updated,, thanks for ur patience
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Please enjoy.......... Next update being typed already..
Re: Mask Hunter by xaviercasmir(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Shalomdee,, Deji124, wizsolzy, xaviercasmir, Benteazaa, EvaJael, donkelz, Ibunkun1, XCELsis, Toyin223, Samesquare,,, I have updated,, thanks for ur patience
thanks for the update. Already waiting for the next
Re: Mask Hunter by Benteazaa(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
finally we back on track.
keep it coming bro more data to ur phone
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Weldone SIR
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
Benteazaa:
finally we back on track.
keep it coming bro more data to ur phone
sight u jhoorh
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
xaviercasmir:

thanks for the update. Already waiting for the next
Keep ur fingers crossed
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Toyin223:
Weldone SIR
thanks u are a baby girl for life
Re: Mask Hunter by XCELsis(f): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
So interesting

Come and update oooo

Suspense is killing me
Re: Mask Hunter by Benteazaa(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
sight u jhoorh

keep dem coming

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by samesquare(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:

Wow!
Ur head is they dia
Chop knuckle ¤¤¤¤ baba
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
XCELsis:
So interesting

Come and update oooo

Suspense is killing me
Lolz I haven't even begun..... Cause I'm cooking up some thrillers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Almost Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.