Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,473 members, 7,781,380 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Bank Mergers and Consolidations Then What? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Mergers and Consolidations Then What? (1168 Views)

Mergers, Acquisitions Likely For Banks By 2016 / SEC Gives Firms July 31 As Deadline For Mergers And Acquisitions / Mergers And Acquisitions: Bad For Customers’ Morale? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bank Mergers and Consolidations Then What? by morakinyo: 10:19am On Dec 14, 2005
Now that new banks have been (re)generated, what hopes do you think Nigerians should have in these banks.

yes, these banks will be able to fund large projects and it will take a long while before any illiquidity can be exposed. what measures do you think should be taken by the various stakeholders to ensure that mistakes of the past do not occur again in the future.

i believe we should also be looking at the capital market and not only the money market as the two come function together at one point or the other. we should be looking at investors', creditors' among other interests and not only that of the depositors.

i am aware that the federal government has taken various measure, but do you think that these measures are enough to curb the various ills and risks that abound in our financial sectors.

Please, can anybody provide information on the newly emerged banks and if possible their status.
Re: Bank Mergers and Consolidations Then What? by UsherGurl(f): 8:47pm On May 18, 2006
Yeah yeah! Everybody hands up! Get on di floor and rock with USHERGURL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Bank Mergers and Consolidations Then What? by Ndipe(m): 8:48am On Oct 03, 2006
Hi Awa,

Do you live in Senegal? I plan on visiting Dakar, by God's Grace as well some other cities. My favorite author was Senegalese.

(1) (Reply)

Street Rates For Naira Vs Usd, Euro And Sterling Online / Urgent Request: Looking For A 20ft Or 40ft Flatbed Trailer For Lease / Mike Adenuga Might Be Africa's Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.