Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Four Popular Nigerian Misconceptions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Four Popular Nigerian Misconceptions (317 Views)

5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) / 10 Misconceptions About Devices We Continue To Believe / The Changed Curriculum And The Misconceptions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Popular Nigerian Misconceptions by iceboy4752(m): 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nigeria is a country where seeing and hearing wonders won't just cease. I'll give you a top four list of some of the most common misconceptions.

1. All Northerners are Hausa by Tribe: It's not an unusual thing to see Nigerians today referring to a northerner as "Hausa." It's so annoying that even the Fulanis are called Hausas by Nigerians. This is in fact an error because the northern part of Nigeria is made up of so many tribes. Hausa is just like an official language in the north. In Lagos for example, English is the official language there. This does not mean that Lagosians are Englishmen or women as all of them may belong to various tribes.

2. Product Confusion: This one infuriates me a lot. There was a day when I heard a lady who was about to purchase some stuffs from a shop saying:
"Madam if Omo day make you bring Klin for me." Someone once said something similar also, that:
"Please I want to buy Maggi." The shop owner was like:
"Which type of Maggi? Rycco abi which one?" All products have their names so we should stick to that.

3. Your Height Determines the Size of your Joystick: This is also another spurious misconception. You may be short but your joystick may extend to London. While you may be tall also, your joystick may be very small. That was how I got disappointed one day when I saw a very tall man who finished urinating, shaking a small 'tooth pick.'

4. Calabar Girls: This 'theory' is widely believed by most Nigerians. The theory of Calabar Girls states that "All Calabar girls are equal in bed." This theory is wrong. Don't be surprised that the Calabar girl you want to bleep can't even last for one minute before she starts complaining of one or two problems.

Feel free to add yours.

(1) (Reply)

How To Save A Powerpoint Slide - Beginners Guide / Is Direct Entry Really Out / EMC E20-020 Questions - Here's What No One Tells You About E20-020 Dumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.