Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works (9790 Views)

List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army Recruitment Through SSC And DSS / 'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by Asaint: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2017
I want to enquire about the Nigerian Army short Service, your response is needed :
*Anyone currently in the army
*Retired army personnel
*You know much about the army
* You know someone in the army you can link me with
Re: How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by agent01(m): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
What do you want to know abt SSC Army?
Re: How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by Asaint: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
How to join, how the promotion is done and the maximum number of years you can serve your short Service term!
Re: How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by agent01(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
The full meaning of SSC is Short Service Combatant, and upon commission you will be decorated with the rank of Second Lieutenant. You must have either HND or Bsc minimum of second class lower. Your course of study doesn't matter becos you will be posted to wherever the Army want you to be. If you find your way into the Army through the SSC, you can get to the rank of Major General. You are expected to spend 10 years in the Army but you will go for conversion before the expiration of the the tenure for you to get converted to a Regular Combatant, which will give you the chance to reach the peak of your career otherwise you will retire as a captain or major. Many people do think that once they join the Army, promotion won't be a problem. Promotion to next rank requires hard work becos if one is not sound academically and mentally, compulsory retirement will be the way out. Standard examination even more difficult than the once you did in higher institution awaits you, which is the only assessment that can cause setback for a commissioned officer. However, the Army is an accommodating organisation once you plan your career very well. Hope I have been able to aquaint you to some of the information you asked for?

7 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by Asaint: 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
Yes
Thank you for the wonderful explanation!
Re: How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by Asaint: 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
agent01:
The full meaning of SSC is Short Service Combatant, and upon commission you will be decorated with the rank of Second Lieutenant. You must have either HND or Bsc minimum of second class lower. Your course of study doesn't matter becos you will be posted to wherever the Army want you to be. If you find your way into the Army through the SSC, you can get to the rank of Major General. You are expected to spend 10 years in the Army but you will go for conversion before the expiration of the the tenure for you to get converted to a Regular Combatant, which will give you the chance to reach the peak of your career otherwise you will retire as a captain or major. Many people do think that once they join the Army, promotion won't be a problem. Promotion to next rank requires hard work becos if one is not sound academically and mentally, compulsory retirement will be the way out. Standard examination even more difficult than the once you did in higher institution awaits you, which is the only assessment that can cause setback for a commissioned officer. However, the Army is an accommodating organisation once you plan your career very well. Hope I have been able to aquaint you to some of the information you asked for?
After retirement, will I be placed on pension automatically or I have to go and start civilian life?
Re: How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by benadebank: 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2018
How many will I use on 2nd lieutenant before been promoted to next rank and from the next rank to the next one etc
Re: How The Nigerian Army Short Service Works by benadebank: 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
How many years will I use on 2nd lieutenant before been promoted to next rank and from the next rank to the next one etc

(1) (Reply)

Michael Okpara University Moves To Sack 460 Workers / The Nairalife Of A Student Doubling As A Software Engineer / 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.