Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:01 AM

Lionel Messi Could Have Played For Real Madrid Claims Ex-agent - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Could Have Played For Real Madrid Claims Ex-agent (491 Views)

Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo / Kanu Nwankwo Wears Jersey Featuring All The Clubs He Played For / Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Could Have Played For Real Madrid Claims Ex-agent by bioemmy: 8:42am On Jun 25, 2017
Is the picture below any strange?

That could have been a reality if some things had happened according to Lionel Messi's former agent who brought the then little boy from Argentina to Spain.

Horacio Gaggioli, aided Messi's move to Barcelona in 2001, but said things could have been different if he had gotten a residence in Madrid as planned, but things changed and he ended up living at Barcelona.

"Due to life circumstances, I went to live in Barcelona and I brought him to Barca for a trial. But I was about to live in Madrid," Gaggioli told Globoesporte.

"If that had happened, I would have taken him to Madrid for a trial. That's life, those are the details.

"Today, Messi could have been a Real Madrid player, of course. The family wanted to come to Spain, to the city where I was to have some support."

Messi moved to Barca after having trials at the club. At first, Barca mauled over signing the youngster.

Barcelona however ended up giving him a contract which was famously signed on a
napkin.

Since signing his first contract in 2001 and making his debut in 2004, the Argentine has rewritten football history in a lot of ways.

The slim possibility that Messi could have signed for Madrid raises the likelihood that he could have played alongside his arch rival, C. Ronaldo, and other Madrid legends like Zidane, Figo and many others.

Source: http://www.realmadridfocus.com/2017/06/lionel-messi-could-have-played-for-real.html

Re: Lionel Messi Could Have Played For Real Madrid Claims Ex-agent by Yeligray(m): 9:11am On Jun 25, 2017
What a unique player he is.
Re: Lionel Messi Could Have Played For Real Madrid Claims Ex-agent by bioemmy: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
Yeligray:
What a unique player he is.
You can say that again. Would have been have been fascinating to see him play at Madrid though.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Army Officer, Yetunde Odunuga Wins Gold Medal In Boxing! / Become A Proffesional Swimmer,learn From A Coach / Arsenal Is Beating Real Madrid On The Bidding For K.mbappe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.