Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:22 AM

Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes (541 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithes by lincs25(m): 9:13am On Jun 25, 2017
This Tithe of a thing, I don't know how it suppose to be but according to bible, it is written that you should give one tenth of your yield in a year. People were given at will they were not forced to do so but presently churches print out tithe envelop and card shared to member. If any member fails to pay for a particular month they keep anouncing the person name in church. So are we following the bible doctrine?
Re: Tithes by SUPERPACK: 9:22am On Jun 25, 2017
No, tithe is nt by force and can never be. afterall the bible instructs the pastors to pay tithe also, bt they ignored it.
Re: Tithes by Samsimple(m): 10:59am On Jun 25, 2017
SUPERPACK:
No, tithe is nt by force and can never be. afterall the bible instructs the pastors to pay tithe also, bt they ignored it.
true, and also in the new testament according to paul every person in d church should bring wat they have willingly to d house of worship and split among demselves equally..bt our modern day nija pastor will never talk about that verse in the bible ..they only talk abt malachi, so it will benefit only dem
Re: Tithes by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 25, 2017
lincs25:
This Tithe of a thing, I don't know how it suppose to be but according to bible, it is written that you should give one tenth of your yield in a year. People were given at will they were not forced to do so but presently churches print out tithe envelop and card shared to member. If any member fails to pay for a particular month they keep anouncing the person name in church. So are we following the bible doctrine?
It seems you're too generalistic in your assertion. Yes tithe is required in Yahweh's house for the up keep of his work .probably your church or the one you have visited forces their members to give because most of them are reluctant . Instead they spent it on unnecessary things that doesn't worth it. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
Thou shall love thy lord thy God with all thy might.

Every Christian is on a journey regarding their relationship with money and possessions. We are bombarded on a daily basis by messages that relate to money and materialism. These messages tell us that money will make us happy, that the money we have is ours alone to do with what we want. But the Bible tells us something different. That everything – yes, everything – is a gift from God. The Bible tells us that we are called to be good managers, not owners, of the resources entrusted to us. Tithing is one way we acknowledge God's provision in our lives and exercise good management:
Tithing isn't something you "ought" to do or "have" to do – it's something you get to do. When people think about tithing, they can sometimes have the less-than-excited attitude that tithing is something they are obligated to do. But I want to encourage you to change your mindset around tithing and instead look at it as a way to joyfully acknowledge God's provision over the resources He has asked you to steward. Instead of thinking of tithing as an act you have to do, consider tithing as something you joyfully get to do. I guarantee this change in mindset, while admittedly not always easy to maintain, will change everything. Joyful generosity is a gift. Why? Proverbs 11:24 says, "The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.
The Bible talks about the discipline of being faithful with little, so that you will later be faithful with much. The goal of tithing is to establish the financial priority of putting God first and honoring him as the giver of all good gifts is the goal – it's not giving 10%

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/06/17 / Pope Francis Replaces Oppositions To His Recognition Of Divorce / Pro TB Joshua Prays For Paraguay’s Spiritual Reawakening As Citizens Hails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.