Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator (614 Views)

Photos Of Dino Melaye After Being Sacked By Tribunal / Another Court Asks INEC Not To Issue Certificate Of Return To Okorocha / Court Orders INEC Not To Issue Certificate Of Returns To Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said it would go on with the process of recalling Senator Dino Melaye (Kogi West).

A source in the legal unit of INEC, explained that there are at least three precedents to follow in dealing with the case.

“INEC would go ahead to conduct the referendum in so far as INEC is able to verify or ascertain the genuineness of the signatures. Every lawmaker that had faced the issue of recall in the past, from Plateau, Jigawa to Abia, ran to the courts but such actions never stopped the Commission from going ahead with the referendum,” he said, according to Vanguard.

INEC not aware of Dino Melaye’s lawsuit, will proceed with recall of Senator

Also, the commission’s Director in charge of Voter Education, Publicity, Civil Society and Gender Liaison, Oluwole Osaze-Uzi, said they were not aware of any lawsuit filed by Melaye.

“We have not been served. We shall enter an appearance and defend what we have to defend (when served with the notice). But for now, we cannot start reacting to comments or statements we read in the media,” Osaze-Uzi said.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/25/inec-not-aware-dino-melayes-lawsuit-will-proceed-recall-senator/
Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
An attack against dino is an attack against the youths of this country...

1 Like

Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Really. I laugh at ur fallacious generalizations

2 Likes

Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
LexSteele:

I laff at you myopic reasonings ...
Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by AlienRobot: 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Come 2019, the two hooligans terrorizing kogi state will be laid to rest...
Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

I laff at you myopic reasonings ...

That's ur cup of tea, bcs I know u are entitled to ur opinion which can never be a true representation of how Nigerian youth sees SDM. As for me I have lost that respect I once have for him that moment he acted like a tout assaulting Senator Oluremi verbally.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
LexSteele:

That's ur cup of tea, bcs I know u are entitled to ur opinion which can never be a true representation of how Nigerian youth sees SDM. As for me I have lost that respect I once have for him that moment he acted like a tout assaulting Senator Oluremi verbally.
And what gave remi the guts to talk anyhow to man?

She forgot her place, if you need respect earn it ...
Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by psucc(m): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
LexSteele:

So in your wisdom, Dino has failed his constituency more than other Senators?

This recall move is not unconnected with his stand at the NASS against some of his party men. Remember, he started with support for Saraki, a brawl with Remy Tinubu, then against Magu's chairmanship of the EFCC, et al.
Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by Akissani: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
it's an attack on you and ur phalux alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
psucc:
So in your wisdom, Dino has failed his constituency more than other Senators?

This recall move is not unconnected with his stand at the NASS against some of his party men. Remember, he started with support for Saraki, a brawl with Remy Tinubu, then against Magu's chairmanship of the EFCC, et al.

Oboy don't misconstrue my statement. It simply means I don't buy or subscribe to his idea and refused to be among those 'implied' youths he was generalizing as been attacked. Abi na by force?

1 Like

Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by seanet02: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
It's an attack on unreasonable youths like you.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by princeSammyz: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
I wonder why there are no provisions to recall governors... #RecallBelloaswell
Re: INEC Not Aware Of Dino Melaye’s Lawsuit, Will Proceed With Recall Of Senator by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

And what gave remi the guts to talk anyhow to man?

She forgot her place, if you need respect earn it ...
Hey Mister man! U must be a real joker to be taken serious. What else was she supposed to do on d floor of d senate? To lick asses and receive monthly pay? Is she not entitled to deliberate constructively on issues she felt concerned of? Am sorry to say this, Senator DM has proven to be psychologically unstable in handling task required of a leader

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Avengers defer resumption of hostilities in Delta / Will The Juju Soaked Broom Work Again On The Idiocrats Come 2019? / CAC Prophet Joins Ekiti Guber Race. See His 5 Points Agenda.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.