Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,471 members, 7,801,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. (47876 Views)

Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation / Trump Holds A Bible, Visits Church In White House Vandalized By Protesters / President Of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev Resigns After 3 Decades In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by LEOVOLUTION(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
factwriter:

The Muslim pilgrimage in mecca, Saudi Arabia...

is the largest (CONGREGATION of MANKIND (Tens of Millions) for over TWELVE THOUSAND years now.

One Thousand Roads to Mecca : Ten Centuries of Travelers

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=OE1kCQAAQBAJ&pg=PT66&lpg=PT66&dq=the+largest+CONGREGATION+of+mankind++is+mecca&source=bl&ots=4Bq3FJsRQd&sig=hvn0n0ds9QZq3ZkSHwjNUf89e4A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqlLyDvNvUAhUDfxoKHRjMBxUQ6AEIIzAH

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/world/biggest-religious-gatherings-in-the-world/article6799109.ece&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiqlLyDvNvUAhUDfxoKHRjMBxUQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNEkkcoru2ksp5_cTR3InskZ_b7sgA

how's that for lunch.

Dude you made no sense whatsoever. Read the text I quoted carefully and realize how you made no sense. You think I said you have no congregation? Learn to read before typing or you might be made to look very stupid.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by LEOVOLUTION(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
factwriter:

And what happened to those countries who allowed Christianity in while they try going to sleep with both eyes closed... they paid dearly!
You wouldn't know anything about this would you History eludes the gullible.

It's called CRUSADES and INQUISITIONS (of the earlier centuries)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

How about you snack on these for now.

See I hate doing this, I have lovely Muslim friends and it feels really odd doing this poo with you, but I really hate it when you guys take shades at my faith yet we are the more tolerant of the two. I hate it when you play the ostrich while they keep chanting"Allah akubah" (sorry if I didn't say it right) before wrecking havoc up until now. Can't you guys rally and expose the evil bad eggs amongst the imans who propagate hate.
Truth is, the world isn't convinced that you aren't sympathizers of those bad eggs. Do the right thing and the world will appreciate Islam the more.
There's this Indian movie I watched 'I am khan' or something like that. Do watch it, and understand what I speak of.
The world is feeling pain. Germany opened their borders to refugees and got paid evil for good. why, why why?

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by aalangel(f): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Great move.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by schwarzkopf(m): 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
ivolt:

The bold is ironic considering the role of America in world politics
and the infamous slave trade.
Being irreligious shouldn't make you naive to the politics of survival,
that you can post what you think is as a result of foresight of America's
founding fathers who understand that a dominating religion should be
a personal matter and not have influence on governance.

Though you may not know it, you are indirectly contributing to the Jihadist's
goals of dominating the world.

Hey you m0ron stop coming on my mentions to spew balderdash, all religions including yours are violent preaching rubbish. The Catholics and protestants were still killing themselves in northern Ireland till the late 90's. Ditto for various Christian inspired terrorists here in the USA, the planned parenthood center bomber, Anders Brevik and Joseph Kony are also killing for your white God in Israel, so remove the timber in your eyes before trying to remove the speck in your co- violence religion peeps eyes.

F***?k you and the jihadists and whoever you say your prayers to.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by factwriter(m): 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
LEOVOLUTION:

See I hate doing this, I have lovely Muslim friends and it feels really odd doing this poo with you, but I really hate it when you guys take shades at my faith yet we are the more tolerant of the two. I hate it when you play the ostrich while they keep chanting"Allah akubah" (sorry if I didn't say it right) before wrecking havoc up until now. Can't you guys rally and expose the evil bad eggs amongst the imans who propagate hate.
Truth is, the world isn't convinced that you aren't sympathizers of those bad eggs. Do the right thing and the world will appreciate Islam the more.
There's this Indian movie I watched 'I am khan' or something like that. Do watch it, and understand what I speak of.
The world is feeling pain. Germany opened their borders to refugees and got paid evil for good. why, why why?

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by factwriter(m): 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
LEOVOLUTION:

I was thinking I touched a sore thumb but from these seeming endless mentions, boy it's obvious I actually trampled several sore (gangrene infested) thumbs.

Ask yourselves, why couldn't any one of you (replying me) give simple elucidated statements instead of these long incoherent attempts at recounting distorted history

Make Islam your headache at your own extinction. As far as this sovereign state called Nigeria is concern... you are either with Islam or you play second fiddle till you extinct.

No power in the entire universal can change that.

Your great grands died hoping the position of oligarchy (in this country) would be reversed, it was a fruitless pursuit for them. Now it's your turn to eclipse that same agony.

Even a "vegetable" among us is more significant "globally" than the best of the best of your best.

No wonder the same foreigner (missioners and crusaders) you look up to "in vein" are the same buccaneers who help us enthroned our Islamic caliphate (in the guise of a democratic election) over you.

I say again: live with it or go berserk. I care less.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by factwriter(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2017
ivolt:

This statement is meaningless, I am not the one crying of marginalization,
your brothers almost went mad in anger because an obnoxious Trump refuse
to celebrate Ramadan. You guys reacted like a kid that lost its candy.

LEOVOLUTION:

I was thinking I touched a sore thumb but from these seeming endless mentions, boy it's obvious I actually trampled several sore (gangrene infested) thumbs.

Ask yourselves, why couldn't any one of you (replying me) give simple elucidated statements instead of these long incoherent attempts at recounting distorted history

Make Islam your headache at your own extinction. As far as this sovereign state called Nigeria is concern... you are either with Islam or you play second fiddle till you extinct.

Your great grands died hoping the position of oligarchy (in this country) would be reversed, it was a fruitless pursuit for them. Now it's your turn to eclipse that same agony.

Even a "vegetable" among us is more significant "globally" than the best of the best of your best.

No wonder the same foreigner (missioners and crusaders) you look up to "in vein" are the same buccaneers who help us enthroned our Islamic caliphate (in the guise of a democratic election) over you.

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by Wyttcat: 12:22am On Jun 27, 2017
Nonsense!!! Thomas Jefferson didn't hold Ramadan dinner, the left-wing nuts are just running from pillars to posts to cover up their many crimes.. Thomas Jefferson wanted to host Tunisian leader who said he couldn't attend because he was fasting. The then president offered to wait to host him when Ramadan was over, and that was how they had the dinner. No Ramadan dinner by any president until the Clintons started the tradition because they are Satan worshipers and did it for gains from the middle east. Bush also did for his Arabs connection and because of the many wars he had going on in the middle east and to show his love for them, it's not easy killing thousands of people without giving in to some of their religious sentiments. Obama was a Muslim and it was a natural thing for him to do. Trump is a Christian and can't do it. Trump doesn't do political correctness, he's a man of his word, a real man. He's not intimidated and can't be bought.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by LEOVOLUTION(m): 12:26am On Jun 27, 2017
factwriter:

Whatever you say mate. As long as it helps you sleep better at night.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by ivolt: 7:57am On Jun 27, 2017
factwriter:

If being significant is that your people litter every
street in Nigeria begging for survival, then you need
a psychiatrist help.

You are so significant that you almost died just because
Trump refuse to acknowledge your fasting.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by ivolt: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2017
schwarzkopf:

Hey you m0ron stop coming on my mentions to spew balderdash, all religions including yours are violent preaching rubbish. The Catholics and protestants were still killing themselves in northern Ireland till the late 90's. Ditto for various Christian inspired terrorists here in the USA, the planned parenthood center bomber, Anders Brevik and Joseph Kony are also killing for your white God in Israel, so remove the timber in your eyes before trying to remove the speck in your co- violence religion peeps eyes.

F***?k you and the jihadists and whoever you say your prayers to.

Why did you change your argument ?
Are you no longer a jihadist masquerading as "irreligious" ?

You are so dumb that you think everyone attacking your extreme
religion is a christian.

I am not surprised since intellectual discourse is not the strong point of
a proud but ignorant black man whose daily routine is limited to drugs and guns.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by factwriter(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2017
ivolt:

If being significant is that your people litter every
street in Nigeria begging for survival, then you need
a psychiatrist help.

You are so significant that you almost died just because
Trump refuse to acknowledge your fasting.

.. yet he flew his entire household (against recommend protocol) to the largest deposit of crude oil on the surface of planet earth, Mohammed's birth place, the Islamic kingdom of Saudi Arabia, to spend multiple days and nights.

An unsolicited honour that has never and will never be reciprocated.

He goofed and some doped In-house clerk must have advised him to skip the WHITE HOUSE Iftar ORGY in order to appease those disgruntled and embarrassed by his Saudi trip.

By the way the celebration of INFIDELS under whatever guise (Iftar or no Iftar) is worthless to any true Al'Umma (Muslim community).

Now how's that for your morning coffee?

Better back off else i will rip and shred you to a billion piece.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by enomakos(m): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2017
jusRadical:

You do not know.

Isam is gradually breaking new grounds. While we Christians sleep, they are bent on conquering the world. They go to the USA and Europe because those are new grounds they need to conquer. Why go to Muslim countries that are already conquered?

Look at England, they are conquering it gradually: at least they have a mayor there now
thanks for the info,now I will keep my eyes on the mayor
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by enomakos(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2017
DaPuncline:

Why is that all the foreigners in Arab (mostly christians) have refused to leave?
just wait and see,they will so fleds for their lives
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by cristianisraeli: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2017
muslims follow this imam..i follow him as well..he speaks the truth

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by schwarzkopf(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
ivolt:

Why did you change your argument ?
Are you no longer a jihadist masquerading as "irreligious" ?

You are so dumb that you think everyone attacking your extreme
religion is a christian.

I am not surprised since intellectual discourse is not the strong point of
a proud but ignorant black man whose daily routine is limited to drugs and guns.

It's either you have issues with comprehension or your brain is useless as a used tampon. Point out in any of my post where I care about any idiotic movement??

You are a delusional low lifer that need to be euthanized, you come across like the worthless son of a wh0re denied formative nutritional supplements. The whole of your family tree dead, living and alive can't even attain the level of my toenails, yet this irredeemable, vain- glorious nobody can call me ignorant.

Why not stick to discuss about your God forsaken nation and leave matters beyond your faulty brain cells for others. Whenever in your brutish, miserable and short live you f***king come on my mentions, I will tell you the story of how the worthless pygmies who birthed you killed themselves in recognition of the error of bringing you forth.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by ivolt: 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
schwarzkopf:

It's either you have issues with comprehension or your brain is useless as a used tampon. Point out in any of my post where I care about any idiotic movement??

You are a delusional low lifer that need to be euthanized, you come across like the worthless son of a wh0re denied formative nutritional supplements. The whole of your family tree dead, living and alive can't even attain the level of my toenails, yet this irredeemable, vain- glorious nobody can call me ignorant.

Why not stick to discuss about your God forsaken nation and leave matters beyond your faulty brain cells for others. Whenever in your brutish, miserable and short live you f***king come on my mentions, I will tell you the story of how the worthless pygmies who birthed you killed themselves in recognition of the error of bringing you forth.

Get well soon, I hope your parent have enrolled you in psychiatric ward.,
because you are danger to yourself and any sane person.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by Xisnin(m): 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
factwriter:

And what happened to those countries who allowed Christianity in while they try going to sleep with both eyes closed... they paid dearly!
You wouldn't know anything about this would you History eludes the gullible.

It's called CRUSADES and INQUISITIONS (of the earlier centuries)

Christianity was a fringe religion until emperor constatine
adopted it as a state religion.
Islam was a fringe religion until Muhamad kill off all his opponents
in treacherous wars.

The crusades were organised by christian nations to deal
with the existential threat posed by extremist Jihadists
who are bent on conquering the world and exterminating
all cultures, it is a shame that your knowledge of history
didn't include the motivations for the crusades and inquisitions
which are both REACTIONS to jihadist brutes.

It is on record that Islam is the only religion which was primarily
spread using sword right from the days of war loving Muhammad
because no sane person will accept Islam except under threat of death,
same cannot be said of christianity.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by factwriter(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
Xisnin:

Christianity was a fringe religion until emperor constatine
adopted it as a state religion.
Islam was a fringe religion until Muhamad kill off all his opponents
in treacherous wars.

The crusades were organised by christian nations to deal
with the existential threat posed by extremist Jihadists
who are bent on conquering the world and exterminating
all cultures, it is a shame that your knowledge of history
didn't include the motivations for the crusades and inquisitions
which are both REACTIONS to jihadist brutes.

It is on record that Islam is the only religion which was primarily
spread using sword right from the days of war loving Muhammad
because no sane person will accept Islam except under threat of death,
same cannot be said of christianity.

It's apparent you are not enlighten on CHRONOLOGY of TECHNOLOGY, maybe Prophet Muhammad should have used DRONES instead of SWORDS as it is obvious the choice of weapon (back then) appears more to be your contention than the DEFENSIVE WARS in which they were used.

Dig down into historical warfares and search for what rules of engagement existed back then.

Talking about CRUSADES and INQUISITIONS... read up on wars fought by both religion and discover which were in OFFENSIVE and who only fought DEFENSIVELY.

You know what EVANGELISM entails don't you Good. Now check out the links below then come back and spin more fallacies.

THE BIBLE IS MORE VIOLENT (offensive) THAN THE QURAN (defensive)

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php%3FstoryId%3D124494788&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiA_Mqp-N7UAhWLchQKHafVC-wQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNE9ym8n9FT7sByYTHvIvXbZr7bAeg

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiamfyH_N7UAhURJFAKHZy_DDgQFggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNGi7KbEtpIZqW-5f25UICOdT5VGoA
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by Ngozi123(f): 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
madridguy:
Prophet Mohammed is not only a peaceful man but a symbol of Peace.

Don't worry, I will teach you more about Islam when we are together.

I may not be an Islamic scholar but I certainly know enough about Islam to know that that is not the truth. There's more than enough evidence to suggest that Mohammed was a violent and intolerant man. As for the bolded, this will never happen.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by Ngozi123(f): 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2017
PedroJP:

I want to apologise on behalf of that little girl called Ngozi123 whom couldn't reason that Ngo was derived from her name Ngozi123 and have even claimed older than you. Have even been sounding incoherent all this while.

That's juvenile tendencies, just ignore. Do not go further.

About her being chief's wife, don't mind her, that's her future dream.

Of course I know that Ngo is derived from Ngozi, many of my friends and family call me by that nickname. In fact, I even attested to it in one of my replies to that poster. Where I'm from, we only call people that we're familiar with by their nickname.

Btw, before getting involved in other people's arguments, you should get your facts right first. That poster craftily posted and then deleted an obscene picture about me that isn't befitting of a man worthy of respect. I simply treated him accordingly. Don't apologise to him on my behalf.

Lol. Never did I say that I was the wife of a chief- where are you getting this information from?

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by madridguy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
Are you married?

Ngozi123:

I may not be an Islamic scholar but I certainly know enough about Islam to know that that is not the truth. There's more than enough evidence to suggest that Mohammed was a violent and intolerant man. As for the bolded, this will never happen.

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by Ngozi123(f): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
madridguy:
Are you married?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by madridguy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Yaa Rasululahi.... I'm badly hurt now,but why do you keep this away from me all this while?

Ngozi123:

Yes.
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by Ngozi123(f): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
madridguy:
Yaa Rasululahi.... I'm badly hurt now,but why do you keep this away from me all this while?

I've never denied that I was married; I've said it often on here.

Cc: Madridguy

I'm happily married to Jesus and have been for a while now grin.

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
DaPuncline:
After first iftar dinner in 1805, the White House started yearly ritual in 1996, under former First Lady Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump’s government has not held an iftar dinner for the end of Ramadan, breaking a Muslim tradition held at the White House for more than two centuries.

The iftar dinner occurs at sunset at the end of the holy month of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islam lunar calendar and a time of prayer, reflection and fasting.
White House officials reportedly spend months planning the event, which has been held every year under the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations, but 2017 took a different path.
The White House issued a statement on late Saturday evening.

"Muslims in the United States joined those around the world during the holy month of Ramadan to focus on acts of faith and charity," the statement read. "Now, as they commemorate Eid with family and friends, they carry on the tradition of helping neighbours and breaking bread with people from all walks of life.
"During this holiday, we are reminded of the importance of mercy, compassion, and goodwill. With Muslims around the world, the United States renews our commitment to honour these values. Eid Mubarak."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/eid-al-fitr-donald-trump-white-house-stops-tradition-muslim-american-ramadan-fast-religious-freedom-a7806836.html

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Trump Ends Decades-long White House Tradition Of Celebrating Ramadan. by DCatt: 2:02am On Jun 29, 2022
Clinton held a dinner in 1996 to impress Saudi Arabia where her butter was bread. Trump didn’t have to impress anyone.

Anyways, the Arabs love Trump more than they love democrats because they know the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Colonel Alexander Bespalov Killed! Putin Loses 9th Top Ranking Officer / Magnitude 5.0 Earthquake Hits Johannesburg, South Africa / Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.