Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,434 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App (1609 Views)

Join Medical Digital Consulting (medico) Project As Freelance Programmer / Help Moding Windows App / Windows App Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello landers I am New to World Java I am currently coding using Netbeans But i want to know how to deploy the project as native app i install inno setup 5 in my system
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by mojeed4(m): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
Been long I involved myself in coding. But the best reply you'd probably get is this
Why change your jar file to a native windows app when the main aim of java is to create a platform independent language. You get your jar file and it runs on windows, linux, mac etc.
However, you can try out exe4j which will turn your jar file to exe. But the user of the exe must have a functioning jre to run the program.
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by antieverything(m): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
this was so confusing to me at first too grin
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
antieverything:
this was so confusing to me at first too grin
what about now
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 8:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
mojeed4:
Been long I involved myself in coding. But the best reply you'd probably get is this
Why change your jar file to a native windows app when the main aim of java is to create a platform independent language. You get your jar file and it runs on windows, linux, mac etc.
However, you can try out exe4j which will turn your jar file to exe. But the user of the exe must have a functioning jre to run the program.
i already have jar2exe i dont like them i want use something like inno setup
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by antieverything(m): 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Dangujba1111:

what about now
most languages are portable grin
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by israelboy1(m): 4:42am On Jun 27, 2017
Dangujba1111:

i already have jar2exe i dont like them i want use something like inno setup

Download the innosetup

Add the path in your local hard disk after installation to your path in environment variables.

Restart your NetBeans

Click on project properties, the go to deployment under build which then you will check native...

You should see package as..whenever you right click on the project you want to deploy.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
israelboy1:

Download the innosetup

Add the path in your local hard disk after installation to your path in environment variables.

Restart your NetBeans

Click on project properties, the go to deployment under build which then you will check native...

You should see package as..whenever you right click on the project you want to deploy.

Thanks.
i already add C:\User\name\Program Files\Inno Setup 5
but gothing error
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Kingpinukecy(m): 12:41am On Jun 28, 2017
zero seven zero,three zero six,five two two, zero three
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by israelboy1(m): 5:29am On Jun 28, 2017
Dangujba1111:

i already add C:\User\name\Program Files\Inno Setup 5
but gothing error

Post the log
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 8:56am On Jun 28, 2017
israelboy1:

Post the log
error showing file link then "iscc" not found
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by israelboy1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
Dangujba1111:

error showing file link then "iscc" not found

are you sure you copied the right directly probably, the application got installed in program files (x86).
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
israelboy1:

are you sure you copied the right directly probably, the application got installed in program files (x86).
Yes, i am sure it was installed to program files or post me the path setup if there's apart from mine
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by israelboy1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
Dangujba1111:
Yes, i am sure it was installed to program files or post me the path setup if there's apart from mine

just the path your application was installed in...and, for you to know if the application has truly installed on your device, go to your command prompt and type iscc.exe

once you see something like the image below, you are good to go.

Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 5:51am On Jun 30, 2017
israelboy1:

just the path your application was installed in...and, for you to know if the application has truly installed on your device, go to your command prompt and type iscc.exe

once you see something like the image below, you are good to go.
this one was solved thanks Now when it start Making The app it can take some while but it showing Me Lot of Red Note what i am think it error message and the app can't make but end with build successful 4minutes or what so ever
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by israelboy1(m): 7:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Dangujba1111:

this one was solved thanks Now when it start Making The app it can take some while but it showing Me Lot of Red Note what i am think it error message and the app can't make but end with build successful 4minutes or what so ever

i sincerely do not get the message please
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by Dangujba1111: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2017
israelboy1:

i sincerely do not get the message please
the inno setup problem is solved but now i am getting error message with the netbeans the message is too over at then it shows build successfull but i didn't build when i check the folder
Re: How To Deploy Java .jar Or Project As Native Windows App by israelboy1(m): 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
Dangujba1111:

the inno setup problem is solved but now i am getting error message with the netbeans the message is too over at then it shows build successfull but i didn't build when i check the folder

You would have saved the stress of having to tell you to post the error log you are getting here...I can't give solution to what I really do not know its cause.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Create A Site Like Mobilenig / Someone Good With Bootstrap And Html And Css Needed For Urgent Project / Need Help On My Project Write Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.