Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? (17796 Views)

I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding / 3 Reasons Why You Don't Need A Large Dance Floor For Your Wedding. / Photographer Blasts Wedding Guest Over His Sitting Position (photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nina4u:
Small.. Just family and close friends and the pastor.. I will get married on the beach at sunset.. Then a barbecue party with lots of beer grin then off to a honeymoon in the carrabeen
I will be there whether you invite me or not. Person no fit eat free food again? What sef
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by oyindelacreme(f): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
A small wedding guest list, weddings are expensive. the marriage is forever.

https://whistlingbeautiful./2017/07/29/grapefruit-technique/

2 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by lonelydora: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
PDPGuy:
Weddings are special occasions in which two
adults in love are joined together to become husband and wife (or wife and wife cheesy). It's also an avenue for family and friends of the couple to celebrate the new union.

Therefore, would you prefer to have a small guest list (i.e. 50 or less), moderate list (greater than 50, less than 100), or a large guest list (over 100 guests)?

In my place, if you like have a list for 5 people, as long as people heard about it they will surely come. No need for invitation card sef.

5 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by gidjah(m): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
Evaberry:
m...

A beach wedding is what I would love, in February or August, I want to put on a lovely pink or blue gown with only 30 or 35 guests in attendance. I want it to be intimate and close. I want him to know that the wedding is about us and not about pleasing some asholes.

even better if we can elope
the averqge whitee loves it that way, never can say why,don't think Most Africans like that style though
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kokaine:
even me. im shy. just wondering how i will do the dancing part in front of my auties.... tchai . they wee na be saying "this guy is very spoilt oh. he has just been pretending. see how his front thing is standing."

Ure not alone....i keep on thinking about that day
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Officialkplus(m): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
softworker:

Were reo

Baba mi,Na so o...

Crowd na extra money (cows bags of rice..and besides I don't think I can do the whole church dance thing)
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by biblegirl: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
would ve just prefered a small gathering whr they come to drink wine but for this naija,if guest come ur wedding without eating,na swear dem go swear for d bride n groom.but seriously must ppl eat at weddings?Someppl sef no go chop comot from house

5 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by gidjah(m): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
safarigirl:
I don't plan to have more than 30 wedding guests, i am a loner, so I know very few people
impossible lovely, u gat us here on nairaland, some of us might even live close to u, wanna try that, 30, peeps is a no no for a safari kinda lady! invite us on naira, we are ur extended family
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Ezionye(f): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Most people going for small guest list. Is this in vogue or just d economy pinching?

2 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by gidjah(m): 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
safarigirl:
I don't plan to have more than 30 wedding guests, i am a loner, so I know very few people
impossible lovely, u gat us here on nairand, some of us might even live close to u, wanna try that, 30, peeps is a no no for a safari kinda lady! invite us on naira, we are ur extended family
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by PDPGuy: 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
lonelydora:

In my place, if you like have a list for 5 people, as long as people heard about it they will surely come. No need for invitation card sef.

Haha. I'll ensure that attendance is strictly by invitation for mine. It will be a maximum of 60 invitees on my guest list.
But it will be impossible to have a small guest list for the traditional wedding, that's if I marry a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by elantraceey(f): 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
demarc001:

I like your being realistic.

See as people dey mention small, 50 etc yet everyday we see multitudes in weddings. Na ghosts wedding be those ones?

Weddings especially in this part of the world is not just about the couple preferences or whatever, parents will come in, colleagues, friends and the list goes on except of course you want it in secret.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by zicoraads: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
See them lie lipsrsealed

Most of these ladies would kill to marry and have an Alakija type UK wedding. Take what they are saying at your own risk grin

3 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Kokaine(m): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
mhizesther:

Ure not alone....i keep on thinking about that day
lool... even you? a girl?
wow. shy people are many oh. better a very small lowkey wedding jor.
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by MrHighSea: 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
safarigirl:
loner? With the number of people following you online. Is real life far different from virtual
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Tobicrystal(m): 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hmmmmmm Sounds like a well written movie staring some good nollywood actors....lol
Nina4u:
Small.. Just family and close friends and the pastor.. I will get married on the beach at sunset.. Then a barbecue party with lots of beer grin then off to a honeymoon in the carrabeen
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by odimbannamdi(m): 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nina4u:

i thought you were a Nigerian. so i wanted to say "u don watch foreign movies too much". But i can see you aint Nigerian.

Good opinion. i would follow suit too. The large crowd thing is a Nigerian bias based on sheer desire to show off, most times, influenced by the gal.

i would personally prefer a very moderate wedding.

Saves you money.

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by salford1: 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
i cant really stand the site of crowd Definetly small wedding is it.
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by softworker(m): 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
Officialkplus:

Baba mi,Na so o...

Crowd na extra money (cows bags of rice..and besides I don't think I can do the whole church dance thing)

No be lie, this kind if you knw get money u must brain
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by debiah95(f): 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Would rather hv a small guest list, but not sure dats possible wit my Yoruba mummy undecidedWould rather hv a small guest list, but not sure dats possible wit my Yoruba mummy
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by CzarChris(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
PDPGuy:
Weddings are special occasions in which two
adults in love are joined together to become husband and wife (or wife and wife cheesy). It's also an avenue for family and friends of the couple to celebrate the new union.

Therefore, would you prefer to have a small guest list (i.e. 50 or less), moderate list (greater than 50, less than 100), or a large guest list (over 100 guests)?
Anytime I remember this aspect of the wedding, I instantly get a migraine. I would love a registry wedding with a most 8 guests, but my family would have me murdered if I try any such thing, so mine is already a hugely large wedding by default. sad

Even vivalavida alone is already 50people put in one, cos my wedding party starts like 2 weeks before the actual wedding for him. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Jaqenhghar: 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lalas247:
Small guest list
Something small n sophisticated
I hope he is taking notes wink
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Nicepoker(m): 11:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
who wan marry sef. when baby mamas full ground

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Nicepoker(m): 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
blackbeau1:
Large guest list
u don't mean it
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 30, 2017
Nina4u:
too much novels and watching of too much Mexican soap operas. Na wetin e dey cause be this.
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by AlwaysUltraPad: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2017
I just need 4-6 people.
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by gideon1971(m): 12:03am On Jul 30, 2017
hmbassey1960:
Small. cause am shy
y shall u shy? are u not a people?
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by PDPGuy: 12:15am On Jul 30, 2017
CzarChris:
Anytime I remember this aspect of the wedding, I instantly get a migraine. I would love a registry wedding with a most 8 guests, but my family would have me murdered if I try any such thing, so mine is already a hugely large wedding by default. sad

Even vivalavida alone is already 50people put in one, cos my wedding party starts like 2 weeks before the actual wedding for him. grin grin grin

If I were you, I would insist on what my budget can afford.

1 Like

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by MrRhymes101(m): 12:16am On Jul 30, 2017
No matter d number of guests, jst make sure u get a good MC lol
check my profile to watch me MC weddings

2 Likes

Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by DALE917(f): 12:20am On Jul 30, 2017
I wouldav said just 50 guests lol
But with the size of my family (uncles, aunties, cousins,distant friendly relatives,family friends, dad's friends, mom's friends)
Infact, with my family alone, I'll have over 200 guests
Not to talk of old school mates and friends

This small guest thing is not realistic if you are a Yoruba
Re: Wedding: Would You Rather Have A Large Or Small Guest List? by maxdosh(m): 12:32am On Jul 30, 2017
Nina4u:

grin lol too much oyinbo film

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? / Anambra Hosts Gulder Ultimate Search XI- 2014 / 50-year-old Spinster Weds In Abuja RCCG (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.