Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online (16332 Views)

Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions / I Want To Be Remembered For Having World’s Biggest Hips - American Woman / How To Meet The Right Man Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nina4u(f): 7:54am On Jun 26, 2017
KosiGee:

grin

Seems you used google translate. It muddled up whatever you wanted to communicate to him and the guy you sent that to might not understand it. The language you seem to write is Igbo but apart from 'ka odi echi', every other thing is meaningless.
akpiri na akpo mu nku... Igbo language seff...ehhnnn now gimmi my beer grin
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by KosiGee(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2017
Nina4u:
akpiri na akpo mu nku... Igbo language seff...ehhnnn now gimmi my beer grin

Bia ebe a. Beer julu na fridge m. Bia ka m gbaa gi nkwu grin . You have to be a 'real' Igbo to understand the last one.

I'm sure someone right there might be helping you with your translation.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nina4u(f): 8:16am On Jun 26, 2017
KosiGee:

Bia ebe a. Beer julu na fridge m. Bia ka m gbaa gi nkwu grin . You have to be a 'real' Igbo to understand the last one.

I'm sure someone right there might be helping you with your translation.
nkwu kee? it can mean association ? Something like you came to my assistent.. Lol
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Babacele: 8:19am On Jun 26, 2017
lol @ Redgal ,you are a damn pretty troll. I have seen this post before but it is fun to get a lot of attention like you are enjoying now.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 26, 2017
200$ for passport The op is an upcoming Maga if care ain't taken...
Too many upcoming scammers here... Tuae

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 8:26am On Jun 26, 2017
Babacele:
lol @ Redgal ,you are a damn pretty troll. I have seen this post before but it is fun to get a lot of attention like you are enjoying now.
Honestly I'm not a troll. I really was seeking advice from people who might know better than me because they know about Nigeria and Nigerians. I don't seek attention. You got it wrong.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by AHCB: 8:36am On Jun 26, 2017
Nma27:
200$ for passport The op is an upcoming Maga if care ain't taken...
Too many upcoming scammers here... Tuae
I once read about a girl here who demanded for 5,000 Naira, just for erotic chats. Seems girls too have started diving into the scamming business. grin

3 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Papiikush: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2017
The guy dey learn work. Bolo don let Maye loose grin
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 8:50am On Jun 26, 2017
Nina4u:
wait wait wait.. You should cut him off on WhatsApp already... Its first of all a love scam and he ain't gonna use that money to aply for visa... Hes gonna use it on his gf and side chick to pretend he b biggi man.. Visa cost 160-260 dollar depending on what kind of visa as u can see on the screen shot.. so hes lying. I got Nigerian friends I had for many years and I can tell u a hole bunch of stuff.. I know almost anything about these men.. Culture politics food.. Traditions.. Many Nigerian men marry foren ladies to get a visa and then go back and marry a traditional wife. Since that is recognised by the Nigerian goverment and the wife abroad has no idea. Anyways he what I understand ask u of 2000 dollar.. That to me shows he has no intention of wanting to be with you he is a yahoo love scammer.. And ur the maga the payout ..ask me anything.. I'm from Sweden but live in Las Vegas NV. When it comes to traveling to naija.. U got to have plan A plan B.. Plan C... Lots of crimes and kidnappings and cult killings for black magic and rituals.. 15 american was kidnapped last year alone.. No lives were taken but big money payout.. The police is almost non existent and u seldome get help if a crime is commited aka rape or armed robbery.. Ask me anything.. I will answer

Nina, I consider you a friend here online but when it comes to putting my country in negative light, I refuse to keep quiet... You are swedish but live in LV and claim to know so much about my country... I dare to say you know next to nothing. Crime is everywhere so is good. Was it not in the USA that some dimwit walked into a black church and shot a lot of people dead including a serving US official or was it not in the same 'heaven' USA that some deluded student walked into a school with a semi automatic rifle and killed a teacher as well as some students and injured some more... Who has the history of the highest serial and most delusional killers in history.... What sparked the black lives matter campaign in the US if not for hate killings by the so called white heavenly beings who called Africa a dark continent... Do I do a proper google spool of your the sins of USA and the western world for you... Or did you also forget the Knife on the train attack in France recently... What carried your CIA and their killer squad into Libya that was once peaceful or Afghanistan or Syria...

Please I try to respect every one but don't dare to insult or single out Nigeria as the most criminal people in the world. Have you talked about your Russian ponzi scheme owner Mavrodi whose organization fleeced Nigerians of hard earned cash last year or your Italian cartel brothers or the columbiam drug lords or the indian scammers or the south african xenophobic killers or your own CIA trained assassins... What about the Brazillian organ farmers... Stop saying shit about my country... Is your country Sweden any better ? Please don't let me start

Nigeria is filled with 99% honest and hardworking citizens that honestly just want to get on with their lives and want a government that delivers for them. We are hard workers save for a few dimwits that tarnish their own images not ours. You are callng Ghana a safe heaven abi... Was it not in Ghana an Army major was killed on the pretest that he was an armed robber...
Nina, you just got me angry sincerly. My motto is don't judge the next man with the stories you heard but judge him with the experience you have had with him.
So if you have not being here or experience us and how we live, shut the hell up and stop spoiling our name.
It is wicked to judge a man you never met...

WE ARE NOT CRIMINALS
WE ARE NIGERIANS
AND I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN
#RESPECTS

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Nina4u:
No my dear.. I love my Nigerian friends.. The culture food traditions.. There is naija friends I had for many years and they never asked me for nothing but friendship... There is lovley people in Nigeria over 210 spoken languages and dialect.. The cultural diversity is amazing.. I got friends from borno to zamfari to kogi to Abia to ogun to Edo to port hartcourt.. Benin to Lagos and abuha.. In every part of the country.. But u know u self that what I say is true and security is almost non existent with a failing police force

With your very first comment, I don't think you like any Nigerian... I dey vex for you... Please rest it... You just annoyed me with that comment... I thought you were better than that...

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.
Don't send that money, he's obviously a scammer. He is a thief. Don't come back here or anywhere and start telling everyone how all Nigerians are bad. I've warned you. He's a scammer. We know this tricks. The African Prince story no longer sells so they try this one.

I don't know what's the matter with you women abroad. Is it that there's no men around you that you have to choose a person you've not seen before? 2000$ and all that? His cousins girlfriend, his father, his mother, etc, is a lie. These are just colleagues in the game. You guys piss me off whenever this thing happens.

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nina4u(f): 9:06am On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Nina, I consider you a friend here online but when it comes to putting my country in negative light, I refuse to keep quiet... You are swedish but live in LV and claim to know so much about my country... I dare to say you know next to nothing. Crime is everywhere so is good. Was it not in the USA that some dimwit walked into a black church and shot a lot of people dead including a serving US official or was it not in the same 'heaven' USA that some deluded student walked into a school with a semi automatic rifle and killed a teacher as well as some students and injured some more... Who has the history of the highest serial and most delusional killers in history.... What sparked the black lives matter campaign in the US if not for hate killings by the so called white heavenly beings who called Africa a dark continent... Do I do a proper google spool of your the sins of USA and the western world for you... Or did you also forget the Knife on the train attack in France recently... What carried your CIA and their killer squad into Libya that was once peaceful or Afghanistan or Syria...

Please I try to respect every one but don't dare to insult or single out Nigeria as the most criminal people in the world. Have you talked about your Russian ponzi scheme owner Mavrodi whose organization fleeced Nigerians of hard earned cash last year or your Italian cartel brothers or the columbiam drug lords or the indian scammers or the south african xenophobic killers or your own CIA trained assassins... What about the Brazillian organ farmers... Stop saying shit about my country... Is your country Sweden any better ? Please don't let me start

Nigeria is filled with 99% honest and hardworking citizens that honestly just want to get on with their lives and want a government that delivers for them. We are hard workers save for a few dimwits that tarnish their own images not ours. You are callng Ghana a safe heaven abi... Was it not in Ghana an Army major was killed on the pretest that he was an armed robber...
Nina, you just got me angry sincerly. My motto is don't judge the next man with the stories you heard but judge him with the experience you have had with him.
So if you have not being here or experience us and how we live, shut the hell up and stop spoiling our name.

WE ARE NOT CRIMINALS
WE ARE NIGERIANS
#RESPECTS
we're did I say Ghana was safe? Did I say all Nigerians are scammers? It is what it is and this dude is lying and tryna get 2000 dollar from her hes clearly a scammer.. I know a lot of lovley wonderful hardworking naija people I known 10 yrs + ... Sharp mouth ooo Sidon there now grin

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by fowlyansh181(m): 9:18am On Jun 26, 2017
You guys are failing to ask the right questions to determine if he might be genuine or not? OP if you can answer these question then I think you should know if he is a scam or not, what dating site did you guys meet? How old is he and how old are you? This is to determine if he was indeed targeting for a victim or randomly ran into you and truly fell Inlove. How long have you guys been dating , what means do you guys use for communication?.. I won't lie if I tell you he hasn't considered scamming you, because in Nigeria even if he never had that thought of scamming you in mind, once he tells his friends about his genuine love relationship with you, they'd poison his mind and call him all sort of names for loving instead of asking for cash. Nigeria is a 3rd world country and things like this are expected, but like every relationship it has its ups and downs and you guys can talk about it. Tell him point blank you are aware of scams and you have got the feeling that he asking for such huge sum is some kind of scam.. many here have advised You going to Ghana and I advice that. But first you need to answer these questions before I can give my final verdict ..
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:
Hi I'm an woman living in America. I met a Nigerian man online on a dating site. I don't usually do long distance relationship not even in the U.S. but I decided to exchange numbers with this man and we communicate mainly through What's App. I have been communicating with him for about 9 months now. He professed his love for me early. Which I was suspicious about but after talking to him for a while I believe he is probably genuine. He wants me to come over to Nigeria to visit him. He said it would be easy that way for me to come over to meet him and his family. Then when I go back it would be easy for him to get to the U.S. so he can be with me. He said he's not using me to get papers he genuinely loves me he says. I don't feel comfortable travelling to Nigeria by myself and having to rely on him for safety. I have asked him instead of me meeting him there maybe we could meet in a neutral country in Europe and a family member would go with me. He said its not easy to get a visiting visa to Europe. Is this true? He also says Nigeria is very corrupt and you have to pay a good amount of money to get Visa processed. Also he asked me to help him to get $2000 U.S. to pay the agent who will be working on him getting visa to U.S. I told him I might consider paying a part of that but he would have to come up with the rest. I wanted to test his sincerity. I'm asking anyone with good insight for their advice on this situation. Would you advise me to travel to Nigeria as a woman who doesn't know anyone except this man in that country? I'm a little apprehensive but at the same time I would like to meet him. Also do you think its wise for me to help him with the money for the visa? He said any money I lend him he will work hard to pay me back once he gets to the U.S.A. He said he recently lost his job and has little money.
This, my dear lady, is a scam. Forget the fact that you have been chatting for months, I have people who maintain conversation for over a year just to "hit big".
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2017
fowlyansh181:
You guys are failing to ask the right questions to determine if he might be genuine or not? OP if you can answer these question then I think you should know if he is a scam or not, what dating site did you guys meet? How old is he and how old are you? This is to determine if he was indeed targeting for a victim or randomly ran into you and truly fell Inlove. How long have you guys been dating , what means do you guys use for communication?.. I won't lie if I tell you he hasn't considered scamming you, because in Nigeria even if he never had that thought of scamming you in mind, once he tells his friends about his genuine love relationship with you, they'd poison his mind and call him all sort of names for loving instead of asking for cash. Nigeria is a 3rd world country and things like this are expected, but like every relationship it has its ups and downs and you guys can talk about it. Tell him point blank you are aware of scams and you have got the feeling that he asking for such huge sum is some kind of scam.. many here have advised You going to Ghana and I advice that. But first you need to answer these questions before I can give my final verdict ..
We met on OKCupid and we have been communicating for about 9 months now mainly on WhatsApp. I'm 41 and he's 39.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 9:55am On Jun 26, 2017
SirWere:

This, my dear lady, is a scam. Forget the fact that you have been chatting for months, I have people who maintain conversation for over a year just to "hit big".
I hear you. I will end it but extend friendship to him. I won't be sending no $2000 US or whatever amount that's for sure. I think it's time I move on from this "relationship". Thanks very much to everyone who has offered their advice. I took it into consideration.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by monlawal(m): 10:03am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal you can do the following before coming to Nigeria (if you wish to come)
1. Book a hotel in Lagos and do that online all by yourself
2. Book an Uber ride too from Airport to the hotel
3. Upon arrival and lodging, ask the receptionist to get you to a police station. Give a report.
4. Inform him of your arrival and get him to come to Lagos.
5. Make sure the police is aware of your movements in case he requests you to meet his family.
6. It is easier for you to come to Nigeria than for him to process visa and come to America or any other European country.
7. Yes processing visa can be as costly as $2000

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2017
Yes he admitted he was a Nigerian. He has stated to me if he was a scammer he wouldn't be using video chat to talk to me. He's the one that contacted me first on the dating site saying I was beautiful etc. He started professing his love for me in the early stages of chatting on What's App. He's currently not working. I put that in my first post.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2017
monlawal:
Redgal you can do the following before coming to Nigeria (if you wish to come)
1. Book a hotel in Lagos and do that online all by yourself
2. Book an Uber ride too from Airport to the hotel
3. Upon arrival and lodging, ask the receptionist to get you to a police station. Give a report.
4. Inform him of your arrival and get him to come to Lagos.
5. Make sure the police is aware of your movements in case he requests you to meet his family.
6. It is easier for you to come to Nigeria than for him to process visa and come to America or any other European country.
7. Yes processing visa can be as costly as $2000
If processing the Visa can be as costly as $2000 as you said then why do some people on here seem shocked by that price and say it sounds like a scam ?
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nina4u(f): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

If processing the Visa can be as costly as $2000 as you said then why do some people on here seem shocked by that price and say it sounds like a scam ?
hes backing up a yahoo brodda.. Lol
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Kellibae(f): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Here it is. I recently posted there too seeking advice : https://www.nairaland.com/13194/american-women-marry-nigerian-men/1

Are u not the same redwoman on that topic?. undecided
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by monlawal(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2017
Because they are trying to make you see the bad side of someone you have not met physically.

They did not tell you about the amount of bribe he would pay to process the visa and other accompanying documents quicker.

$2000 amounts to 720,000 naira at the prevailing parallel market exchange rate which I think is within the price considering that it is The United States Visa we are talking about here. I think he included the transportation fare from his location to the American embassy and other such places he would go for screening.

Maybe the guy does not even have an international passport, which is another issue. [quote author=Redgal post=57850634
If processing the Visa can be as costly as $2000 as you said then why do some people on here seem shocked by that price and say it sounds like a scam ? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Kellibae(f): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

WE ARE NOT CRIMINALS
WE ARE NIGERIANS
#RESPECTS

OMG.. Come and take a kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nina4u(f): 10:42am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:
Yes he admitted he was a Nigerian. He has stated to me if he was a scammer he wouldn't be using video chat to talk to me. He's the one that contacted me first on the dating site saying I was beautiful etc. He started professing his love for me in the early stages of chatting on What's App. He's currently not working. I put that in my first post.
how do u know he is not working? Does he have kids? Is he divorsed?
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2017
Kellibae:

Are u not the same redwoman on that topic?. undecided
No I'm not the same person. I call myself "red" because I have light complexion. Had to come up with a username so I chose "Redgal".
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by MrDojo(m): 10:46am On Jun 26, 2017
This is obviously a scam..... be very careful op, 2000 dollars to process visa shocked shocked shocked nah nah nah pls run away, don't let love/lust blind you...

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

@IamKashyBaby
He is from Benin City part of Nigeria. I have spoken to his Cousin's girlfriend a few times by phone. She said she enjoyed it when she travelled to Nigeria and its not like how the media makes it out to be. She put her faith in her boyfriend. They carried her around there and so on. Although it worked out for her I'm still cautious about travelling over there by myself. I would be putting my safety in his hands. Initially when she travelled there earlier this year she was hoping I would travel with her but I wasn't able to at that time. Sometimes I feel he is genuine but I don't like the part of having to come up with that amount of money to give him. As it is I have bills and other responsibilities here.

Benin? shocked

He's scam o!

And most guys there are very good actors and great scammers . They are faithful and sincere to their own benin women . please just cut off the guy from your chats .
Orelse u wil have touching stories to talk about .

Peace .

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 10:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Nina4u:
how do u know he is not working? Does he have kids? Is he divorsed?
He told me he lost his job. He has one child, a teenager. He says he's never been married. The child's mother is not alive according to him.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Kellibae(f): 10:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

No I'm not the same person. I call myself "red" because I have light complexion. Had to come up with a username so I chose "Redgal".

Ok
But just be careful with him.. he is displaying some treats of a scammer.

But that doesnt make all nigerian men bad..there ar many good nigerian men over here who ar very loving and caring. And ready to sacrifice for u.
If u get that type of nigeian man the u a lucky woman..
My couisn just brough back hope a filipino last month and d lady said she aint going back, LOL
That she gonna stay here because of the loads of love she recieving from us.
What a lovely woman she is.

3 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2017
alexialin:

Benin? shocked

He's scam o!

And most guys there are very good actors and great scammers . They are faithful and sincere to their own benin women . please just cut off the guy from your chats .
Orelse u wil have touching stories to talk about .

Peace .
Lol Thanks
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Martin0(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2017
Ah this strange ooo,marrying for paper's To dupe a lady hmmmm if someone loves u it easily known na!!!if he loves u let him come to the USA with his money and u can pay him back if u wish,if he wish to marry u and he claims he loves u,then u have to give him ur own law of the marriage!!!

Which may stand in the court,
He will not cheat on you and will not marry another lady,if these law's are violated you will take legal possession of all properties and investments he has,,it a strict law and trust me he will find it difficult,just observe now u will see men who will be against me for such law...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Would You Date Or Marry A Nigerian Girl If She Smokes And Drinks? / 5 Tips On How Guys Should Handle A Breakup / Wassup With Nigerian Guys Dating Zimbabwe Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.