Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge (1629 Views)

BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) / Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges / Peter Obi Walking Home On Lagos Bridge After Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by ChangeIsCostant: 9:19am On Jun 26, 2017
A white whose car broke down on IBB bridge in Lagos - received help from officers of the Rapid Response Squad RRS. The man's car reportedly broke down after experiencing a brake problem. The police officers who met him on the bridge assisted him. See photos below;

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/policemen-offer-help-white-man-whose-car-broke-lagos-bridge-photos.html

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by ChangeIsCostant: 9:19am On Jun 26, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by smartty68(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2017
The question here is; Would they have offered the same help if it were to be a fellow Nigerian

Bunch of hypocrites. Mtchewww

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by SexyNairalander: 9:22am On Jun 26, 2017
booked

what did they do?
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by dingbang(m): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2017
How is this news... What's so special about the police helping someone when their car breaks down? Or you want to tell me that you haven't seen when the Nigerian police also help Nigerians when their cars break down on the road?

1 Like

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by jessejunior(m): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2017
This is no news jare
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by Papiikush: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2017
They have done same for other Nigerians.
Though the Nigerian police is filled with insane people but very few of them are kind hearted.

1 Like

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2017
Nice one, I hope they extend same to their fellow Nigerians
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by olayinks007(m): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2017
Wat if na black man?
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by jaychubi: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Police is ur friend finally proven grin grin grin
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by Dhayor001(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2017
Isn't this hilarious?

Back in 2015, I travelled to Benin and was delayed by traffic on the way back.

Got back to Lagos around 4 AM. The park was deserted as most people had called ahead and they had family members waiting for them. I therefore couldn't stay there. I walked some distance hoping to get a cab but nothing.

A police patrol van passed me several times, I flagged them down but they never stopped. Tried hard as I could, these guys just kept driving past me like I wasn't even there.

As na whitey now, them they form friendly and caring ba?

Issokeh.

Wehdone sirs

4 Likes

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2017
Nigeria Police and eye service

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 26, 2017
They helped him bearing in mind that he'll tip them in hard currencies

1 Like

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by wristbangle: 9:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Papiikush:
They have done same for other Nigerians.
Though the Nigerian police is filled with insane people but very few of them are kind hearted.

God bless u bro. There are few kind hearted ones who helped a colleague of mine the day his car broke down @ 3rd mainland bridge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by Papiikush: 9:53am On Jun 26, 2017
wristbangle:

God bless u bro. There are few kind hearted ones who helped a colleague of mine the day his car broke down @ 3rd mainland bridge
Many other cases bro. It's just a case of too many bad eggs and few Lil good ones.

2 Likes

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:03am On Jun 26, 2017
A times they behave okay times they fvuk up
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by auntysimbiat(f): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2017
eye service confirmed
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by omenkaLives(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2017
dingbang:
How is this news... What's so special about the police helping someone when their car breaks down? Or you want to tell me that you haven't seen when the Nigerian police also help Nigerians when their cars break down on the road?
Exactly what I wanted to say. We are so good at rubishing the image of our country before everyone yet expect them to treat us with respect.

I've received help from policemen along Keffi Abuja road in the past- they helped me with an blown fuse and I didn't even give them a dime.

Although we have some bad eggs just like every other country, we must not always project the bad side of them before the world.
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by dingbang(m): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2017
omenkaLives:
Exactly what I wanted to say. We are so good at rubishing the image of our country before everyone yet expect them to treat us with respect.

I've received help from policemen along Keffi Abuja road in the past- they helped me with an blown fuse and I didn't even give them a dime.

Although we have some bad eggs just like every other country, we must not always project the bad side of them before the world.
the problem is not even the police.. I think the problem is our attitude to white people. We tend to see them as some kind of alien specie. We think every white man is rich or connected or better than an African.. That's just the mentality hence the reason why the op created that pic..

I think he has inferiority complex when it comes to white people

3 Likes

Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by omenkaLives(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2017
dingbang:
the problem is not even the police.. I think the problem is our attitude to white people. We tend to see them as some kind of alien specie. We think every white man is rich or connected or better than an African.. That's just the mentality hence the reason why the op created that pic..

I think he has inferiority complex when it comes to white people
True.
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by ngona(f): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2017
if na black man now na dulling them go dull am. I wish they could actually be like this to everyone.
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by plessis: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2017
Our policemen are completely humble to the rich and white people
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by begwong: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
What happens after they helped him push aside the car?
I can see the oyibo "settling" them with some cowries there!
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Would they do the same to a fellow Nigerian?
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by adetayo234: 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
How is this one news worthy t'orí Oló'un
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by falcon01: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
let me break it down.
the news here is "if it were a regular naija man the police will just pass but they saw an oyinbo peper and stopped to help "
Re: See What Policemen Did For Oyinbo Man After His Car Broke Down On Lagos Bridge by chiwex(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
Slave to white

(1) (Reply)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Vanguard Newspaper Headlines [28 July, 2017]. / Obiano Makes Igbo Language Compulsory / The Buhari Govt Hike On Malaria Drugs,dangers Of Deaths& Drug Resistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.