Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigerians Worship White People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Worship White People (4351 Views)

An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai. / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Ooni Of Ife, His Wife And High Chiefs Worship At A Church In Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Worship White People by ezeagu(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
White people and their offspring are like Gods to most Nigerians, they are the standard of everything regardless of what their position is or how they have gotten to their position of relative success. Nigerians revere white people so much that when a white person does something as simply as wear an item of traditional African clothing or speaks a Nigerian language and participates in a Nigerian culture in the bare minimum, Nigerians loose their mind, it is like their God and saviour has stooped to their level.

Take this video for example, people all over the world sing in many different languages, but when it comes to white people singing in Igbo or Yoruba the blacks start rolling on the ground crying and praising God that a white man has cared to indulge in their lowly culture in their eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of_sRHlCk-c

How many white women have made celebrity entirely out of simply learning a Nigerian language or song? How many cringy "Oyinbo" girls and boys are there, while an average Nigeria would be laughed at if they do not speak English properly? Look at many Nigerian music videos, filled with white or half white people, people that do not make up 0.1% of the Nigerian population, how many oyibo music videos have black or Nigerian women in them?

Even look at the so called origin myth of many Nigerians, if it's not Baghdad for the Hausa, it's Mecca for the Yoruba, if not that, it's Israel for the Igbo. How popular would these theory of origins be if the people currently living there now weren't white, but were say the colour of South Sudanese, why do Africans never claim to descend from another part of Africa but always the Middle East? Because deep down they want to be connected to white skin and white people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Dhayor001(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
There is so much sense in this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by reverendwillie: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
OP you can interchange African American with Nigerians in this example... one sermon long ago I tried to tell my large African American congregation that Jesus was as black as me and you.. don't you know they tried to whip my a** ! after that. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by AtaniWarrior: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
ezeagu:
White people and their offspring are like Gods to most Nigerians, they are the standard of everything regardless of what their position is or how they have gotten to their position of relative success. Nigerians revere white people so much that when a white person does something as simply as wear an item of traditional African clothing or speaks a Nigerian language and participates in a Nigerian culture in the bare minimum, Nigerians loose their mind, it is like their God and saviour has stooped to their level.

Take this video for example, people all over the world sing in many different languages, but when it comes to white people singing in Igbo or Yoruba the blacks start rolling on the ground crying and praising God that a white man has cared to indulge in their lowly culture in their eyes.

How many white women have made celebrity entirely out of simply learning a Nigerian language or song? How many cringy "Oyinbo" girls and boys are there, while an average Nigeria would be laughed at if they do not speak English properly? Look at many Nigerian music videos, filled with white or half white people, people that do not make up 0.1% of the Nigerian population, how many oyibo music videos have black or Nigerian women in them?

Even look at the so called origin myth of many Nigerians, if it's not Baghdad for the Hausa, it's Mecca for the Yoruba, if not that, it's Israel for the Igbo. How popular would these theory of origins be if the people currently living there now weren't white, but were say the colour of South Sudanese, why do Africans never claim to descend from another part of Africa but always the Middle East? Because deep down they want to be connected to white skin and white people.
Great post. A lot of our brethren are lost smh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by HORRORIZON: 1:18am On Jun 27, 2017
reverendwillie:
OP you can interchange African American with Nigerians in this example... one sermon long ago I tried to tell my large African American congregation that Jesus was as black as me and you.. don't you know they tried to whip my a** ! after that. grin

Pure lie. Most AA despise whites to one degree or the other, and the same in reverse.. due to the centuries of bad blood between the two groups. If anything, it's the other way around. White Americans have for centuries attempted to rob and hold claim to countless AA music forms, dances, words play, engineering, medical, and scientific inventions and advancements just to name a few things. It would be an understatement to say that there's bad blood between the two; at best they are simply cordial with each-other but the cinder to spark the next major rift between the two always burns red hot below the surface of this scab of a cover.
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by HORRORIZON: 1:20am On Jun 27, 2017
But it is absolutely true that a significantly large number of not just Nigerians, but most African groups as well as Caribbean.. love themselves some white folks to death. Not saying that that is a bad or good thing, it just are the facts.
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by ezeagu(m): 1:43am On Jun 27, 2017
HORRORIZON:

Pure lie. Most AA despise whites to one degree or the other, and the same in reverse.. due to the centuries of bad blood between the two groups. If anything, it's the other way around. White Americans have for centuries attempted to rob and hold claim to countless AA music forms, dances, words play, engineering, medical, and scientific inventions and advancements just to name a few things. It would be an understatement to say that there's bad blood between the two; at best they are simply cordial with each-other but the cinder to spark the next major rift between the two always burns red hot below the surface of this scab of a cover.

I don't agree, the practice of putting very light skinned or foreign girls was borrowed from black people in America, many black people in America, especially women, complain about the same thing as well as the preference for lighter complexion. When blacks are successful in America, they often move into white neighbourhoods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ata9po2CqOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvoWoMIwr-g

In fact if there's one thing Nigeria has over America it's the fact that dark women are the norm in Nigerian media.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by PresterJohn(m): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
ezeagu:

True.
But I just want to correct an impression though, Yorubas never c;aimed to come from Mecca or anythig like that.
We all know the Obatala creation myth of the Yorubas , which was what was being thought in schools, before history was scrapped from the curriculum by our visionless leaders.

The Mecca twist to Yoruba origin is not the general Yoruba position, but rather an Islamic external influence on Yoruba history and traditions.
So... No, Yorubas ideally/originally don't claim any external locations as their origin. All the gods and local heros of Yoruba folklore are black, not white.

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by reverendwillie: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
HORRORIZON:

There's AA who despise whites but most tend to despise their fellow AA more so than their white american counterparts which is of course by design. The sheep like mentality in the African American community contributes to that and why it almost makes it impossible for most AA to despise white Americans. Most AA are influenced one way or the other by people who tend to vindicate white american values or encourage negative self defeating behavior. People like Larry Elder, Ben Carson, David Clarke, Jason Whitlock, Stephen A. Smith, Jesse Lee Peterson, Don Lemon, Stacey Dash, Steve Harvey, Wayne Brady, Tyler Perry, Lee Daniels, Charley Barkley, Lil' Wayne, Al Sharpton, Condoleezza Rice, Susan Rice, Clarence Thomas, Obama, Herman Cain, Allen West and many others would sell their mother for white immunity and these are some of the people a lot of African Americans are influence by. Therefore it's logical to assume that most African Americans probably don't despise white Americans as much as we'd like to believe.

Personally I don't think we're any better than those tribalistic societies in Africa grin
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by ezeagu(m): 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
reverendwillie:

The same happens when a white person claps twice in rhythm, it's like a miracle has happened.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 28, 2017
Interesting........
However, would you rather have the white people "not" be interested in learning a culture other than their own?
I don't see the problem with someone sincerely trying.
I'd rather see a white person celebrating another culture than degrading or hating it.
I've grown up around racism....which is the norm for me unfortunately...and it's a terrible thing.
The Kingdom of God will be made up of all nations, kindreds and tongues....
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by ezeagu(m): 5:34am On Jun 28, 2017
Ngo40:
Interesting........
However, would you rather have the white people "not" be interested in learning a culture other than their own?
I don't see the problem with someone sincerely trying.
I'd rather see a white person celebrating another culture than degrading or hating it.
I've grown up around racism....which is the norm for me unfortunately...and it's a terrible thing.
The Kingdom of God will be made up of all nations, kindreds and tongues....

I don't care what white people do or who is going to be in the magical fairytale kingdom we will apparently never see alive (go figures), the topic is about white people doing very basic things and Nigerians worshipping the ground they walk on for it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
ezeagu:

I don't care what white people do or who is going to be in the magical fairytale kingdom we will apparently never see alive (go figures), the topic is about white people doing very basic things and Nigerians worshipping the ground they walk on for it.

Alright brother,
You are not a follower of Christ....which explains your rationale of extreme dislike for white people.
Well you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and/or beliefs and I'm not here to engage in an argument with you.
I thought I had read the topic correctly.
I thought I saw a white woman singing a worship song to a massive crowd of Nigerians in their language.
The crowd seemed appreciative...cause I can assure you there are many black Americans who wouldn't even attempt to learn the language...let alone even want to come to the continent of Africa unfortunately....because they associate "shame" towards it.
You seem to have a lot of anger towards white people and was also very abrasive in your reply to me.
Have you had any personal experiences with them that qualify you to feel the way you do?
I would be interested in knowing...if you have.
If anyone has the right to be angered and unforgiving towards white people, it would be me...cause I've lived it....and still do at times now.
But there's just absolutely no way I can hold on to bitterness...and be healthy emotionally, mentally, physically or spiritually.
I'm one who is disgusted by the behavior of anyone...regardless of race or ethnicity....who treats people in a barbaric way.
I saw it as a good thing....however you apparently did not.
But perhaps you and I disagree because we have been raised and are living in two different cultures (which I'm assuming you are Igbo...based on your moniker).
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by ezeagu(m): 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
The topic is about white people doing very basic things and Nigerians worshipping the ground they walk on for it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Me77: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ngo40:

Alright brother,
You are not a follower of Christ....which explains your rationale of extreme dislike for white people.
Well you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and/or beliefs and I'm not here to engage in an argument with you.
I thought I had read the topic correctly.
I thought I saw a white woman singing a worship song to a massive crowd of Nigerians in their language.
The crowd seemed appreciative...cause I can assure you there are many black Americans who wouldn't even attempt to learn the language...let alone even want to come to the continent of Africa unfortunately....because they associate "shame" towards it.
You seem to have a lot of anger towards white people and was also very abrasive in your reply to me.
Have you had any personal experiences with them that qualify you to feel the way you do?
I would be interested in knowing...if you have.
If anyone has the right to be angered and unforgiving towards white people, it would be me...cause I've lived it....and still do at times now.
But there's just absolutely no way I can hold on to bitterness...and be healthy emotionally, mentally, physically or spiritually.
I'm one who is disgusted by the behavior of anyone...regardless of race or ethnicity.... who treats people in a barbaric way .
I saw it as a good thing ....however you apparently did not.
But perhaps you and I disagree because we have been raised and are living in two different cultures (which I'm assuming you are Igbo...based on your moniker).
What have i just read
Madame your inferiority complex is beyond redemption. Is your type the op is referring to. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by reverendwillie: 12:45am On Jun 29, 2017
ezeagu:

The same happens when a white person claps twice in rhythm, it's like a miracle has happened.

Agreed from New York City to Timbuktu.

Ngo40:

Hosea 7:2 And they do not consider in their hearts That I remember all their wickedness Now their deeds are all around them; They are before My face.

If Jesus Christ was bitter I don't see why us marginalized blacks can't be

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 29, 2017
Hosea 7:2 And they do not consider in their hearts That I remember all their wickedness Now their deeds are all around them; They are before My face.

If Jesus Christ was bitter I don't see why us marginalized blacks can't be [/quote]

"If Jesus was bitter...if Jesus was bitter?" Are you kidding me? Jesus...be bitter
Lol....lol....with all due respect brother...
Is YOUR "bitterness" helping anything?
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 29, 2017
Me77:

What have i just read
Madame your inferiority complex is beyond redemption. Is your type the op is referring to. What a shame.

Again....lol....lol....
I must laugh. This is hilarious...seriously.
The part that you bolded....I don't know if you understood what I meant....
Anyhow, my "inferiority complex"?
Yet you are constantly fussing about "America" on your posts....hmmmm.....does the shoe fit you perhaps
What is my type?
Cause I'm half Igbo and half black American.
So what am I ashamed of? Being Igbo or black American or both??
I simply said a white woman was singing a worship song in Yoruba and the people appreciated it.
So now I guess I want to be white.
Isn't Nigeria like 99.4% black?
What white people do you all encounter on a regular basis?
I judge people individually.....
I bet if you or any of your brothers here on this thread were in an horrific accident...God forbid....then it certainly wouldn't matter WHO was rescuing or helping to save you smiley
I appreciate your compliment though....
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 29, 2017
ezeagu:
The topic is about white people doing very basic things and Nigerians worshipping the ground they walk on for it.

Ok brother....
Thank you for your kind reply.
I will make you happy and get you more "likes" by resting my case and bowing out gracefully.
Thank you for giving me the honor of commenting on your thread smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by absoluteSuccess: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2017
Ngo40:

Ok brother....
Thank you for your kind reply.
I will make you happy and get you more "likes" by resting my case and bowing out gracefully.
Thank you for giving me the honor of commenting on your thread smiley

Some depth of character in display. You can't please the world.

The ancient Egyptians did not beg Cacausians for reverence but earn it.

Use your anger to earn the honour and respect you think your race deserve from anyone in the world.

We cringe for what we use to do because we can only do basic things and failed in breathtaking ingenuity like others.
Re: Nigerians Worship White People by grandstar(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
The root problem isn't race but poverty.

If Africa was prosperous and rich, this won't be happening. If there were some Africans countries doing well, Africans will look up to them for inspiration.

The Japanese became respected when they became tech wizards and rich. In Brazil for instance, white Brazilians respect for Japanese Brazilians soared when Japan became a rich nation. They stopped looking down at them. Even in Peru, a Japanese, Alberto Fujimori became their president.

We live in a world that worships wealth. With Africa being poor and backward, we therefore look down on ourselves and glorify those who are rich, majorly white. It is not the race they worship but the wealth and advancement they feel they ooze out and which they crave.

Before, Nigerians used to put down their musicians until Tuface changed things in 2004. Now, they are revered like the foreign stars.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by urahara(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
grandstar:
The root problem isn't race but poverty.

If Africa was prosperous and rich, this won't be happening. If there were some Africans countries doing well, Africans will look up to them for inspiration.

The Japanese became respected when they became tech wizards and rich. In Brazil for instance, white Brazilians respect for Japanese Brazilians soared when Japan became a rich nation. They stopped looking down at them. Even in Peru, a Japanese, Alberto Fujimori became their president.

We live in a world that worships wealth. With Africa being poor and backward, they therefore look down on ourselves and glorify those who are rich, majorly white. It is not the race they worship but the wealth and advancement they feel they ooze out and which they crave.

Before, Nigerians used to put down their musicians until Tuface changed things in 2004. Now, they are revered like the foreign stars.

Success they say has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Worship White People by Rosskiki: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
ezeagu:

Go and study your history before talking ignorant rubbish.

The area currently known as the middle east and north Africa was OCCUPIED BY BLACK PEOPLE in antiquity. Black Africans built the pyramids of Egypt and Sudan. There are NUMEROUS artefacts, ancient texts, and other forms of evidence which prove the black presence in those areas without a shadow of doubt. Your problem is YOU DO NOT READ OR STUDY.

Start with 'The Destruction of Black Civilization' by Dr Chancellor Williams. You can get it for only 10 dollars on Amazon. READ AND LEARN.

Sure, many Africans have a racial inferiority complex regarding whites. THAT originated from their recent history of colonisation, but that has NOTHING to do with the actual facts of history, which show that black Africans civilized the world.

The Great Sphinx of Egypt

In 1787, Count Constantine de Volney -- a French nobleman, philosopher, historian, orientalist, and politician -- embarked on a journey to the East in late 1782 and reached Ottoman Egypt were he spent nearly seven months. ''When I visited the Sphinx, its appearance gave me the key to the riddle. On seeing that head, typically Negro in all its features, I remembered the remarkable passage where Herodotus says:

'As for me, I judge the Colchians to be a colony of the Egyptians because, like them, they are black with woolly hair...'

"When I visited the Sphinx, I could not help thinking that the figure of that monster furnished the true solution to the enigma (of how the modern Egyptians came to have their 'mulatto' appearance)

"In other words, the ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native-born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood, mixed for several centuries with that of the Greeks and Romans, must have lost the intensity of its original color, while retaining nonetheless the imprint of its original mold.

"Just think," de Volney declared incredulously, "that this race of Black men, today our slave and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, sciences, and even the use of speech! Just imagine, finally, that it is in the midst of people who call themselves the greatest friends of liberty and humanity that one has approved the most barbarous slavery, and questioned whether Black men have the same kind of intelligence as whites!

"In other words the ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same stock as all the autochthonous peoples of Africa and from the datum one sees how their race, after some centuries of mixing with the blood of Romans and Greeks, must have lost the full blackness of its original color but retained the impress of its original mould."

M. Constantine de Volney, Travels through Syria and Egypt in the Years 1783, 1784, and 1785 (London: 1787), p. 80-83.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Ibo Girls More Fair And Prettier Than Other Tribe's Girls In Nigeria? / RAW HONEY WITH BEESWAX IN HONEYCOMB AVAILABLE IN LAGOS, NIGERIA / Ki Le Lese?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.