Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:50 AM

Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. (11202 Views)

Pet Dogs Dancing: Philippines Animal Advocate Shares Stunning Pictures / Pakistani Man Who Keeps Lion As A Pet Gives Reason For Not Chaining It (photo) / US Woman Gets Pet Snake Stuck In Large Ear Piercing (Disturbing PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by BoleAndFish: 8:28am On Sep 01, 2017
Update ooo jidestroud
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Update ooo jidestroud

Sorry, been updating/active on my agricultural post.
Stella and Rubby have grown to be beautiful/healthy cats. Chai!!! They can eat... Any small thing na meow, meow, meow!!! I guess the fault is mine, always giving them tips from time to time.

Moreover, I don't know who owns the bed any longer, me or them. I just weak.
In a nutshell, cats are one of the most lovely pets to have around. Keeps the house lively at all times, well, when they are not asleep, not running around for no just cause, or not using my wooden chairs as their scratch post, or knocking off my decoder from the tv top to sleep on the warm TV...

Stella and Rubby's Daddy...hehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
I'm so so sad and very disturbed. Stella and Rubbie are very sick and I simply don't know what to do. Started up with Stella, she started throwing up all through the night. Next thing she started drooling all over, barely able to stand on her feet, with constant screams of meow NON STOP!!!

I'm been awake virtually all through the night, totally lost on what to do.

Check on a vet in the early hours of the morning only to find out THEY DONT TREAT CATS? Gosh!!! The lady was practically scared of cats, even had the guts to ask me who brings cats to vet? IMAGINE?.
I had to cancel my day's activities to observe the her. Lo and Behold, Rubbie started throwing up too. (I was conscious enough to separate the two cats because I don't know what happening).
Now I have two cats battling for their lifes and I am totally in tears. I can't afford to lose my kittens.

First Aid Treatment given so far: Force Palm oil down their throat. And constantly giving them water to hydrate them.

Plssssss help!!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by cedar3: 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
Eyaa, sorry. I know how it feels. is it only throwing up and drooling? maybe u should try flagyl and tetracycline. for now u 're d doctor so use ur no 6.
All d best dear.
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jayriginal: 7:06am On Sep 20, 2017
jidestroud:
I'm so so sad and very disturbed. Stella and Rubbie are very sick and I simply don't know what to do. Started up with Stella, she started throwing up all through the night. Next thing she started drooling all over, barely able to stand on her feet, with constant screams of meow NON STOP!!!

Check on a vet in the early hours of the morning only to find out THEY DONT TREAT CATS? Gosh!!! The lady was practically scared of cats, even had the guts to ask me who brings cats to vet? IMAGINE?.
I had to cancel my day's planned activities to observe the her. Lo and Behold, Rubbie started throwing up too. (I was conscious enough to separate the two cats because I don't know what happening).
Now I have two cats battling for their lifes and I am totally in tears. I can't afford to lose my kittens.

First Aid Treatment given so far: Force Palm oil down their throat. And constantly giving them water to hydrate them.

Plssssss help!!!

With any luck, the cats will recover on their own. Cats are pretty resilient. Just care for them and make sure they are warm.

I'd advice against giving them human drugs not prescribed by an expert.

That vet is a disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2017
OH MY GOD!!! - Stella Escaped Death -

Due to the sudden breakdown of Stella to an unknown ailment, I had to isolate her at the back of my house when I started seeing Rubbie showing symptoms. Kept her in her basket, with a towel wrapped around her. She continued to meow continuously while still drooling. I was ready for anything.

Lo and behold, in the night the unexpected happened. Just around 3:30am while I was trying to do a little research work on my cats treatments, her noise became louder, Next thing I heard was movements, as if something was trying to remove the cover I placed over the basket. I took my security lamp, summoned enough courage and went to check. There on the cover was a python starring straight the security lamp. "Omo the run no be here ooooooo"
My love for my cat superseded the fear of any snake whatsoever.

Took a cutlass, and after it I went (like a professional hunter). No one has the right to eat my cat: "Not STELLA, NOT RUBBIE".

Goodnews, my neighbour was awake, heard me shouting, "YOU cannot eat my cat", "You must die today", "Stella you will not die a miserable death"...he came, saw the snake, brought out his gun and shot the snake thrice. Victory is ours.

I took Stella, whether sick with ebola or SARS straight into my room, on my bed; the remaining night we are spending it together.

Woke up this morning, and found my neighbour around cutting the snake to pieces. I don't eat snakes, but this one will surely make it into my stomach for attempting to eat my beloved Stella.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by 14teenK: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2017
grin grin this is incredibly amazing.....instant karma for lala's true love

4 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by Gadgetmobil(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2017
Cats are truly resilient.
Just keep Rubbie very well.
If a lion dares attack her, call me

2 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by blasiangurl85(f): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
jidestroud:

I had to cancel my day's planned activities to observe the her. Lo and Behold, Rubbie started throwing up too. (I was conscious enough to separate the two cats because I don't know what happening).

Plssssss help!!!

Hello, hope your cats are better now. Like someone said cats are very resilient that's why they say cats have 9 lives. Just incase they are still down you can try activated charcoal which you should be able to get from any pharmacy. From what you described maybe they both ate something poisonous. The activated charcoal will absorb any poisons in their system. The dosage obviously should be low because they are still kittens. You'll probably have to mix it with water and use a syringe to force it down their throats. Don't give any milk products because it will only upset their tummy. Most cats are actually lactose intolerant and milk gives them mild diarrhea. ORS will also help rehydrate them if they are not eating or drinking. Thank goodness you checked on her when you did. I had a cat who killed a snake once. I'm really glad to see people keeping cats as pets now. I love both cats and dogs equally

3 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
blasiangurl85:

Hello, hope your cats are better now. Like someone said cats are very resilient that's why they say cats have 9 lives. Just incase they are still down you can try activated charcoal which you should be able to get from any pharmacy. From what you described maybe they both ate something poisonous. The activated charcoal will absorb any poisons in their system. The dosage obviously should be low because they are still kittens. You'll probably have to mix it with water and use a syringe to force it down their throats. Don't give any milk products because it will only upset their tummy. Most cats are actually lactose intolerant and milk gives them mild diarrhea. ORS will also help rehydrate them if they are not eating or drinking. Thank goodness you checked on her when you did. I had a cat who killed a snake once. I'm really glad to see people keeping cats as pets now. I love both cats and dogs equally

Thanks so very much for the tips. Up until now, what I give them is "eko" mixed with hollandia milk and boiled fish or meat. I have to withdraw the milk henceforth.

Off to the pharmacy to get the activated charcoal.
She has since shown signs of improvement though not still eating, and I am being careful of forcing anything down her throat at the moment.

Rubbie is doing just fine. We even shared our spoils of today's kill together and she is still following me around to get more.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by ElPhoche(m): 12:24am On Sep 28, 2017
how are your cats, bro?
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2017
Update on Stella & Rubbie

Two words; "truly blessed". That's just how I feel about my beautiful kittens. Cat's are indeed resilient and blessed with 9 lives. Stella survived the trying times, so did Rubbie. It was easy, but like someone said,"just make them comfortable and they are sure to fight true; And YES they both pulled through.

Moreover, their daily consumption is on the rise, eating twice each day (morning and Night). This automatically leads to changing of their litter boxes EVERY SINGLE DAY (sometimes twice in a day)

There is virtually no privacy for me in my own house again. They are always moving around the house with me, from room to kictchen, to the other rooms. Lol. Especially rubbie, the fearless one!!! First cat I would see courageously walk into the shower with me just lick my feet.

Goodnews, I'm on the hunt for a male cat for them. Hope I get one real soon.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by Babatunde360: 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
jidestroud:
So it's Stella and hmmmm...Rubby now. Yes Stella and Rubby. Stella's size is quite alarming. So much bigger, I guess I have been over feeding her.

Feeding:
Feed them twice daily. First thing in the morning and late in the evening when I get home. A mixture of cow liver, fish (shawa), eko and red oil, all blended together. Sometimes, I mix it with boiled eggs. Stopped giving them milk because I noticed Stella always throws up hours after taking milk.

Placed three carton with sand in it around the house.

These kittens are so troublesome walahi...I now wear footwear around the house. Will be cutting their nails anytime next week. I hope that make sense?!

Above all, I so much adore Stella...and Rubby, well, just getting to know her.

eko and red oil are you making a sacrifice grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by Vicvalentine: 10:55am On Oct 07, 2017
You've got some nice Cats
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 11:38am On Oct 07, 2017
Vicvalentine:
You've got some nice Cats

thanks. grin
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2017
Update on Stella and Rubby:

I have had it up to here embarassed . It's meow meow NONE STOP. Had to take Stella to the farm house. It's just me and Rubby enjoying the luxury of my flat now.

Quick one: My Cat Rubby is barely 5 months old and I think she's going into heat period. Gosh, the none stop funny sound she makes keeps me up all night. i can't take it anymore angry angry cry cry. Constantly rubbing against my feet, body, furnitures etc. Please someone, I need help how to deal with a cat on heat! Will these period pass or should i simply go find her a mate (She's barely 5 months old and still small biko).

2 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
Rubby..

Cats are just so beautiful. They are both looking all grown up now. Walahi, they can disturb. Indeed curiosity kills cats true true...lol
Nevertheless, it's been wonderful having them around.

*Stella is presently on vacation at the farm's store to help put the rats there in check.

1 Like

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by Jungpablo: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2017
NICE ONE OP.
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by Yhemit(m): 7:32am On Jun 10, 2018
am feeling you boss..... great work Bro read your ugu thread also
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2018
Yhemit:
am feeling you boss..... great work Bro
read your ugu thread also

Thanks boss boss.
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by sisisioge: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
grin grin grin grin

OP, how far with the cats?
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

OP, how far with the cats?

grin grin
Doing an update soonest.
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by vincentjk(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
Open nice pets you got, I also love cats but white colour cats
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2018
Update on my Pets

They are doing marvelously well, though only I and Rubby are left to each other. Stella currently stays on the farm.

Good news, June 26 will be their 1year old birthday (how time flies). Below is a picture of how grown she is now (Rubby)...slay cat!!! grin
Will get a selfie from Stella anytime I go farm visiting.

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by Blackbelly(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
Awwww....read your diary from top to bottom and all I can say is wow!!! Never knew cats could make very good companions. I think my fear of cats has reduced just by reading your diary. The only problem I may have is their noisy behaviour especially when it comes up in the middle of the night. Just can't stand it!!!
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by Jennifer89(f): 1:52am On Jun 16, 2018
BoleAndFish:
They look so beautiful!

But no be so we talk oo. You for dash me one na. grin

They look beautiful? undecidedThat animal that cries like a baby and can be used for evil purpose. I'm not a fan nah I dislike it

2 Likes

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by BoleAndFish: 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
Jennifer89:

They look beautiful? undecidedThat animal that cries like a baby and can be used for evil purpose. I'm not a fan nah I dislike it
Lol
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
Blackbelly:
Awwww....read your diary from top to bottom and all I can say is wow!!! Never knew cats could make very good companions. I think my fear of cats has reduced just by reading your diary. The only problem I may have is their noisy behaviour especially when it comes up in the middle of the night. Just can't stand it!!!

Try getting one as a pet, you will be amazed attached you would be. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by BoleAndFish: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
jidestroud:
Update on my Pets

They are doing marvelously well, though only I and Rubby are left to each other. Stella currently stays on the farm.

Good news, June 26 will be their 1year old birthday (how time flies). Below is a picture of how grown she is now (Rubby)...slay cat!!! grin
Will get a selfie from Stella anytime I go farm visiting.

Wow she looks so big now.
Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by jidestroud(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
BoleAndFish:
Wow she looks so big now.
Yup, she is!!! Trying to pump her up before her Birthday grin grin wink

*Daily treating to a bowl of Milk* angry angry

1 Like

Re: Meet Stella Stroud, My Latest Pet. by BoleAndFish: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
jidestroud:

Yup, she is!!! Trying to pump her up before her Birthday grin grin wink

*Daily treating to a bowl of Milk* angry angry
Lol I thought they said milk isn't good for cats because it causes diarrhoea? Or is it only when they're still young?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loving My N3k Dog / Please How Pure Is This Caucasian Shepherd. / 4 Reasons Why Dogs Make Good Pets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.