Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft (6787 Views)

CORONAVIRUS: How To Keep Your Car Safe During The Crisis / 10 Tips For Purchasing Used Cars / With Less Than $50 Keep Your Car Safe Look Good. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by obafemee80(m): 2:22am On Jun 27, 2017
[img]http:///a/img922/1884/BqWo43.jpg[/img]

Aside from having your car stolen,having someone break into your car is perhaps one of the most violating things that can happen to your vehicle.Just knowing that someone has broken into your car,looked through your things,and stolen your personal things can evoke a strong emotional reaction.There is no way to completely stop anyone from breaking into your car,but here are tips to help prevent car break-ins.

1)Carefully consider where you park your vehicle:
The more concealed/hidden your car is,the more likely it is stolen completely.Criminals don't want to be seen,so leaving your car in a well-lit and/or populated are is always best.
Alternatively,car parks with security features such as cctv,manned barriers or gated entry will offer greater peace of mind. 

2)Owning a Toyota and Honda:
Toyota and Honda cars are some of the most likely vehicles to get ripped/stripped off.
They are easy to resell as there is a large demand for there spare parts.
It's important to know the worth of your vehicle,where you're driving it,how high-risk it is,and how you can protect against it.

3)Always ensure that your vehicle is locked before walking away from it:
Make sure you hear a locking noise,watch for lights flashing or mirrors folding,or just pull the door handle. 

4)Don’t leave valuables on display in your vehicle to tempt opportunist thieves:
Keep your nice valuables in a compartment,or the best option,bring it with you.Replacing your goods and your window is not worth the few seconds it'll take to properly secure your tempting items. 

5)Audio systems draw the attention of thieves even if there are no other valuables in sight:
An expensive audio unit usually indicates other concealed items like a subwoofer and amplifier in the trunk.If you have an expensive audio system,remove the radio faceplate from the head unit each time you leave your car.

6)Close all the car’s windows,even if you are only leaving it for a few minutes:
An open window makes it easier for a thief to get inside a vehicle. 

7)Does your car has an alarm or immobiliser?
If not, invest in an aftermarket alarm,steering wheel lock or other locking device.These do actually deter thieves. 
Modern car alarms can include options such as motion sensors,knock sensors or a sirens if there is any unauthorized entry into your car,bonnet or the boot.

8 )Don’t roll your window down the whole way:
When a stranger approaches your window,roll it down only enough to talk,and not enough for them to reach into your window.

9)Tint your car’s windows:
A window tint can obscure the view of your car’s interior and thereby,protect your car from thieves.If a thief can’t see inside your car to determine if there is anything of value,they will move onto the another vehicle instead.

10)GPS Vehicle Tracking Service:
You can also secure your car by installing a GPS tracking device system in your car for fast theft recovery and location monitoring.

If the car thief has a weapon,give up the car with no questions asked.Your life is worth more than a car.

You can also add yours

https://autojosh.com/10-tips-keep-car-safe-break-ins-theft/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by TheHistorian(m): 7:14am On Jun 27, 2017
Park mostly in an open area.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by Mopolchi: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2017
E get one padlock wet demand dry use dry lock the throttle, use am.
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by ugomsinachibia: 7:18am On Jun 27, 2017
G
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by muriunited(m): 7:18am On Jun 27, 2017
Nice Advice, I dedicate this FTC to my wife, and children, and Muslims for this greater opportunity.
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by Rexphobia(m): 7:32am On Jun 27, 2017
Cool... However number 4 is not foolproof as I have had my car burgled in Unilag while my valuables were in the trunk
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by Feranchek(m): 7:33am On Jun 27, 2017
Omo I no dey joke with alarms and securities O! They're usually my FIRST set of car accessories whenever I buy a new car.

Bros you know how police dey disturb pesin with tinted glasses na . . .

My friend usually admonish me for keeping valuables like my laptop and backpack inside the car even while driving, says it attracts thieves.

I learnt to stop keeping even a pin inside my car when I'm away, when my sister's Corrola Sports was broken into. They saw a purse on the floor at the passanger's side and broke in to stole it. Guess what was in the purse . . . . Just guess! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by ikeepitreal(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2017
Now, i know. I must go and tint my windows.
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by sekem: 7:45am On Jun 27, 2017
Don't buy a car at all

But if you must travel, buy a camel
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by begwong: 7:57am On Jun 27, 2017
muriunited:
Nice Advice, I dedicate this FTC to my wife, and children, and Muslims for this greater opportunity.
3rd to comment u mean! Upgrade to the use of 4g biko to be first to comment next tym

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by MrHighSea: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2017
sekem:
Don't buy a car at all

Camel for salah...hmmm
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 27, 2017
Feranchek:
Omo I no dey joke with alarms and securities O! They're usually my FIRST set of car accessories whenever I buy a new car.

Bros you know how police dey disturb pesin with tinted glasses na . . .

My friend usually admonish me for keeping valuables like my laptop and backpack inside the car even while driving, says it attracts thieves.

I learnt to stop keeping even a pin inside my car when I'm away, when my sister's Corrola Sports was broken into. They saw a purse on the floor at the passanger's side and broke in to stole it. Guess what was in the purse . . . . Just guess! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
used condom

4 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by mu2sa2: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2017
I don't believe in it myself, but most Africans do, even those who seem to carry xtianity or Islam on their head. I think placing fetishes or juju on the pedals or driver's seat would work to deter thieves in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by phillthy(m): 8:56am On Jun 27, 2017
Timmmy:

used condom

nothing was in the purse....
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by Feranchek(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2017
Timmmy:

used condom

my sister no be like that biko. Besides, why pesin, girl for that matter, go dey carry used condom inside bag?

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by olowobaba10: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2017
THE COST OF INSTALLING GPS IS MORE THAT THE PRICE OF SOME CARS .
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by addictiv(m): 11:56am On Jun 27, 2017
olowobaba10:
THE COST OF INSTALLING GPS IS MORE THAT THE PRICE OF SOME CARS .
That's not true..my car gps costs less than 65k. It allows me to monitor my car location in from any part of the world in real time. I can demobilise the car with just a text message if it's stolen and get to the exact location of the car. even listen to the conversation of the occupants.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by brightnelly(f): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice One op
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by uwemetok(m): 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
That one is your personnal problem.

Rexphobia:
Cool... However number 4 is not foolproof as I have had my car burgled in Unilag while my valuables were in the trunk
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by olowobaba10: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2017
THAT MUST BE MADE IN CHINA GPS

addictiv:

That's not true..my car gps costs less than 65k. It allows me to monitor my car location in from any part of the world in real time. I can demobilise the car with just a text message if it's stolen and get to the exact location of the car. even listen to the conversation of the occupants.
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by shotuns: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
That's hilarious, but then how many "GPS" tracker has been produced in Nigeria?

olowobaba10:

Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by addictiv(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
olowobaba10:

It does the job excellently. Besides you can try the made in naija gps that costs millions to install.
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by good188(m): 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
can i get use car tracking?
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by bizzibodi(m): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
sekem:
Don't buy a car at all
for recession camel too can b stolen.
Re: 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft by sekem: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
bizzibodi:

for recession camel too can b stolen.

Abi?

Dem go tiff am, kill am, use am take do meat

No wonder pythons Don dey hear am for we country

(1) (Reply)

Total Quartz 9000 5W-40 Engine Oil Good To Service This Car? / Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW / Check Out New Keke Napep With Full A.C Coming To Nigeria Soonest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.