Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,748 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) (61206 Views)

Ugandan Pastor Walks On Church Members As God’s Instruction (photos) / Can Christian Couple Have Sex After Traditional Marriage Ceremony? / Pastor Walks On Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by babapressy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
Wonders shall end one day
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by Goalnaldo(m): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=eyeview post=57881793]I strongly support the pastor. They are not rubber stamps. They have a duty before God to counsel the couple before marriage and where they are not satisfied, can refuse wedding them even on the wedding day.
I remember during my marriage counseling many years ago, the reverend told us that how he had wedded couples for over 15years and not one has he heard divorced and won't hesitate to walk out any couple that will ruin that record.
If pastors will start assuming this responsibility they have towards the holiness of matrimony, many people today who have no business being even friends, talkless of being married which end up in divorce will be saved from it.
I have a friend today who cries in regrets anytime he laments his marriage. An almost 40 year old man shedding tears like a baby. He still confesses that if he ever saw his current experience then, he would have walked away at the altar. beautiful talk
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by wirinet(m): 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
akanbiaa:
What if the lady was your sister and the pastor was right?

You said the key words " what if" meaning the pastor could also be wrong. One thing is certain, it is improbable that the pastor is right based on a single question asked at the alter. As I said earlier, it will be unreasonable for the groom to go through the expenses and troubles of a church wedding if all he is after are papers, when he could simply take the bride to the next available registry for very little cost and trouble.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by goodnews777: 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
This explains the ignorance that has taken the body of Christ backwards. It's the pastors business . If you don't want the pastor to tell you the truth, don't come to church. Stay home. He is called to speak as God,s oracle. If he realises that the man is not genuinely in love but trying to regularize his stay through marraige, he has a divinely appointed responsibility to stop it or not partake of it. Too many so called christians misinterprete liberty or freedom. Sin, satan and stupidity is not freedom. It's bondage.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by linearity: 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
semoyin:
The Pastor did the right thing. Firstly, it was during his interrogation or cross examination that he detected the fowl play of the bridegroom. Though, it may seems harsh but he did the right thing.

What was the foul play detected by the Pastor or you referring to a different video?

Having papers or the lacks thereof, has nothing to do with love. The Pastor is wrong to conclude that, since the guy has no papers, therefore the marriage must be fake and not for love...common sense will tell you that much, I know common sense is not common.

If the Pastor was concerned if they loved each other, he would have asked both of them instead of running into a conclusion...or he would have asked them directly if they are conducting the marriage to circumvent immigration laws.

Plus, my guess is they didn't walk up to him that very day and ask to marry them...He had plenty of time to counsel them, but failed or more importantly, he would have erected a big bold sign that says something like...'No marriage between paper-owners and non paper-owners'.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by IdeyFindWife: 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
eyeview:
I strongly support the pastor. They are not rubber stamps. They have a duty before God to counsel the couple before marriage and where they are not satisfied, can refuse wedding them even on the wedding day.
I remember during my marriage counseling many years ago, the reverend told us that how he had wedded couples for over 15years and not one has he heard divorced and won't hesitate to walk out any couple that will ruin that record.
If pastors will start assuming this responsibility they have towards the holiness of matrimony, many people today who have no business being even friends, talkless of being married which end up in divorce will be saved from it.
I have a friend today who cries in regrets anytime he laments his marriage. An almost 40 year old man shedding tears like a baby. He still confesses that if he ever saw his current experience then, he would have walked away at the altar. Won't such a guy be happy if it was his wedding this pastor walked out on.

Please,any pastor out there who sees clear signs that the union won't work and thus lead to more divorce, should call it off or walk away and absolve himself of any punishment from God whom He is representing.

People complain about falling standards even in Christendom yet they're the first to wail when they see a principled preacher on the pulpit tryna do it the way Tha Good Lord said it shulda been done!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by linearity: 10:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
eyeview:
I strongly support the pastor. They are not rubber stamps. They have a duty before God to counsel the couple before marriage and where they are not satisfied, can refuse wedding them even on the wedding day.
I have a friend today who cries in regrets anytime he laments his marriage. An almost 40 year old man shedding tears like a baby. He still confesses that if he ever saw his current experience then, he would have walked away at the altar. Won't such a guy be happy if it was his wedding this pastor walked out on.

Please,any pastor out there who sees clear signs that the union won't work and thus lead to more divorce, should call it off or walk away and absolve himself of any punishment from God whom He is representing.

Many of your premises are wrong, I will like to call you on one....

Please,any pastor out there who sees clear signs that the union won't work and thus lead to more divorce, should call it off or walk away and absolve himself of any punishment from God whom He is representing

Firstly, there is nothing like church wedding in the Bible, I would have asked you to reference any scriptures that supported your claims about God punishing pastors if the wedding they officiated ended in divorce. Which essentially means your premises and conclusions here are wrong.

Secondly, the union between believers is kept by God and not the Pastor. It is the ability of both parties to listen to God and abide by his words that will make their marriage grow and not end in divorce. No one have the ability to discern that a marriage will eventually end in divorce by merely looking at the couples or asking a few questions...And to state that a Pastor should not bother with a wedding ceremony, because he/she felt the marriage is doom is same as saying a Pastor should not bother minister to repented souls because he/she discern they will backslide eventually.

Church marriage is just a dedication before God, there is no scripture for or against it; baby dedication have more scriptural antecedents compare to marriage and I have not yet seen any Pastor refusing to dedicate children, because they believe, it will set the right course for the baby and parent involved.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by piagetskinner(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
the pastor spoke the truth....

people don't like to hear the truth
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by mechanics(m): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
Don't blame the pastor, he's doing the right thing, he does not want to be accused later if anything goes wrong with the marriage
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by davidif: 12:01am On Jun 28, 2017
Buharimustgo:
That pastor is Satan's boy

Because he is following his conscience?
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by davidif: 12:02am On Jun 28, 2017
whizzyleejr:
What's wrong with these days pastors, since he is not her father what's his bizz is the lady blind or too small to make her choice

It's called acting in principle. Something you should familiarize yourself with.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by davidif: 12:04am On Jun 28, 2017
Evablizin:
Well is non of the pastor's business his work is to wed them simple, did the guy use hook to drag the lady to the alter,she has made her choice period

Says who? If he is marrying you then it's his business and if he decides to follow his heart then that's his to do.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by davidif: 12:06am On Jun 28, 2017
braimeddy:
This is serious o shocked. Wetin concern the pastor if the man get papers or not. The pastor is even a black man and he's treating his own fellow nigga dis way. I no just know why we no jst like ourselves. This is quiet embarrassing.

He concern am well well. He wasn't going to associated with such a charade after all it's his name.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by davidif: 12:07am On Jun 28, 2017
adadike281:
is d pastor in love with d woman? why didn't he refused to preside over d marriage in d first place? must he walk out in d middle of d solemnization? Man of God indeed!

A man should be allowed to follow his principles shikena.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by 2buffagain(m): 1:27am On Jun 28, 2017
akanbiaa:
The Pastor said the groom has no papers meaning
1. He can be deported anytime
2. He is likely to be in Illegal stuffs since he has no Legal presence
3. The pastor cherishes the bride as a daughter and knows with all these red lights the groom might just want to use the bribe to get papers no genuine love and commitment.

This is all correct yes, but listen when people are talking and stop responding emotionally...

Was it right to lead them on like that only to publicly disgrace them? That is not scriptural. These are things that are settled BEFORE the wedding.

He should have said he wasn't doing instead of making a mockery of not just the guy, but his so called "daughter" as well. He achieved nothing other than destroying this girl to boost his own ego.

The man obviously loves attention and he doesn't care who he destroys to get it.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by APCHaram: 3:51am On Jun 28, 2017
braimeddy:
This is serious o shocked. Wetin concern the pastor if the man get papers or not. The pastor is even a black man and he's treating his own fellow nigga dis way. I no just know why we no jst like ourselves. This is quiet embarrassing.

If this was a court wedding before a justice of peace then I will be suspicious.

This is a church wedding before God where the solemn oath of marriage is administered.

The pastor was right to walk out on this shameless marriage
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by GREATP1(m): 7:12am On Jun 28, 2017
eyeview:

A mere man who doesn't know what marriage entails might not understand your stand on the Pastor's action. it is better to remain single than to marry and divorce. News about marriages theses days has gone horror!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by FroshJaynex(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2017
eyeview:

Ah may God bless you brother for sharing this

1 Like

Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by adadike281(f): 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2017
analice107:

Why do you people talk so carelessly? Do you even realize that everything you say, you'll defend it?k

If the Pastor finds out any error in the middle of the event, he has every right to walk away rather than share in that error.

This man seems to me like one of the few God fearing Pastors left around. What is even wrong with you kids talking anyhow?

Okay, let me ask you, Why did Pontius Pilate wash his hand off the Crucifixion of Christ? Was he in love with Christ?

What Pilate did is exactly what this man did. He won't be part of a fraud.

If that Lady were your sister who is being lied to, will you be here saying 'She had made her choice?".

What if she didn't know she was being used?

God go demand accountability for our actions o, whether you believe it not.
Let your unruly nature consume you, wen u are done here. you'd stand to answer.

all I see here is a so called born again insulting me. what actions? how sure are u that d pastor doesn't have something else up his sleeve? what if d man is innocent? oh, a bird just whispered that to him? why not before d wedding, why in d middle of d wedding? is dat what Christ will do? pls stop quoting me if all u do is ' insult'.
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by adadike281(f): 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
davidif:

A man should be allowed to follow his principles shikena.
before your wedding or in d middle of your wedding?
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by davidif: 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
adadike281:
before your wedding or in d middle of your wedding?

Should it matter as long as he follows them?
Re: Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) by davidif: 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
adadike281:
all I see here is a so called born again insulting me. what actions? how sure are u that d pastor doesn't have something else up his sleeve? what if d man is innocent? oh, a bird just whispered that to him? why not before d wedding, why in d middle of d wedding? is dat what Christ will do? pls stop quoting me if all u do is ' insult'.

It's never too late to do the right thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold / Prophet Wale Olagunju 2019 Prophecies About Nigeria, Saraki, Buhari, Agbaje / Biblical Names And Their Respective Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.