Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates (21266 Views)

Steps To Writing A Good CV / To Whom It May Concern (why You Need A Good CV & What I've Experienced So Far) / UBA To Recruit 150 Young Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by SamUtaji: 6:44am On Jun 28, 2017
One of the most difficult things to get right in pursuit for a job is CV. Most job seekers do not take time to research and construct a goo CV, as such their job pursuit becomes a mirage as some of them never get to be called for an aptitude test or interview.

To get a good CV, the following steps have to be followed correctly:

Contact Information: This should ALWAYS include your name, address, phone number and email. Your email address should be professional.

Objective: Your objective should be tailored to the specific job and/or facility for which you are applying.

Education: Keep this section as standard as possible and leave off all high school information. Include: name of degree, anticipated date of graduation, name of institution, city/state, and GPA if at least a 3.0.

Skills & Qualifications: Consider the skills, strengths, knowledge and competencies you possess as it directly relates to the position. You may also want to use an existing job description to help you brainstorm for this section.

Relevant Experience: If you have relevant experience, this is one of the most important parts of your CV. Bullets are preferred over heavily worded paragraphs. Three to five bullets per job is considered the norm. Begin each bullet with an action verb. List in reverse chronological order (starting with your current job and working back).

Additional Experience: Use this section to discuss additional work experience and to show some of your work history. Try to touch on transferable skills that would also be beneficial in the job you are seeking.

Memberships: Include organization name and dates of membership as well as professional bodies you belong

References: Provide only if requested. For now, saying ‘available upon request’ is appropriate.

Quick Tips: Be sure to proofread, checking for spelling or grammatical errors, formatting, consistency, neatness and flow. Avoid using templates and update your CV regularly. Also, remember to tailor your CV to the position for which you apply.

Source: http://www.careersnig.com/2017/06/simple-steps-to-writing-good-cv.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Tiffbuxas: 6:58am On Jun 28, 2017
Nice write up
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by dhope001(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2017
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Yomit71(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2017
tongue who CV help?
come make i employ you without it

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Benjom(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2017
Very good... but allow me to deviate a bit.

For Freshers/New Graduates, I like this arrangement:
• Professional/Profile/Career Summary
• Personal Detail/Bio-data (optional)
• Education
• Professional/Work Experience
• Accomplishments/Achievements
• Core/Key Skills/Competencies
• Training/Membership/Affiliation/Certification
• Referees: Either you provide 2/3 or purely ‘Available on request’

For The Experienced:
• Professional/Profile/Career Summary
• Core/Key Skills/Competencies
• Professional/Work Experience
• Accomplishments/Achievements
• Education
• Training/Membership/Affiliation/Certification
• Referees: Either you provide 2/3 or purely ‘Available on request’

Here is a specific sample with catchy layout and key-word content. View other 3 samples that would 'wow' you here:
www..com/cv-samples/

4 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 28, 2017
issokay
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by okonja(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2017
Sorry, but if you have not contact @Benjom for your CV, you are sitting on a long thing cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by joshingjosh(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2017
shocked
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by espionage48(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2017
To the op,please can you show us the copy of the cv that you submitted to shell and chevron and the employed you without conducting an interview because you applied all these points you listed up there. You people should stop confusing us with all these useless do's and dont's.Today add this, tomorrow removed this.
habaaaaa!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Iykefirm(m): 7:33am On Jun 28, 2017
make pesin c work first then other tin will be added unto it,c.b.n is where am destine to work,or u.n may lord hear my cry.

3 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by elmerperry: 7:34am On Jun 28, 2017
Yomit71:
tongue who CV help?
come make i employ you without it
my guy na tru talk ooo...CV nor epp anybdy na who u "know"
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 28, 2017
CV is Exaggerated in this part of the world.
A great CV works but not in all cases, in fact not in most cases..

Man-know-Man syndrome don take over our Labour market...though all things being equal.. Some organisation still employ on Merit.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by brightisodje(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2017
yahoo take over kk go to school gain knowledge and enter the street believed me it pay big time because no knowledge is lost its a frut of knowledge if good and evil just choose yahoo is the best believed me
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Mekanus(m): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2017
Una go just dy talk CV this CV that all the time, where d work dy? Mtcheeew. Who CV Don epp?
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:40am On Jun 28, 2017
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by free2ryhme: 7:42am On Jun 28, 2017
SamUtaji:
One of the most difficult things to get right in pursuit for a job is CV. Most job seekers do not take time to research and construct a goo CV, as such their job pursuit becomes a mirage as some of them never get to be called for an aptitude test or interview.

Contact Information: This should ALWAYS include your name, address, phone number and email. Your email address should be professional.

Objective: Your objective should be tailored to the specific job and/or facility for which you are applying.

Education: Keep this section as standard as possible and leave off all high school information. Include: name of degree, anticipated date of graduation, name of institution, city/state, and GPA if at least a 3.0.

Skills & Qualifications: Consider the skills, strengths, knowledge and competencies you possess as it directly relates to the position. You may also want to use an existing job description to help you brainstorm for this section.

Relevant Experience: If you have relevant experience, this is one of the most important parts of your CV. Bullets are preferred over heavily worded paragraphs. Three to five bullets per job is considered the norm. Begin each bullet with an action verb. List in reverse chronological order (starting with your current job and working back).

Additional Experience: Use this section to discuss additional work experience and to show some of your work history. Try to touch on transferable skills that would also be beneficial in the job you are seeking.

Memberships: Include organization name and dates of membership as well as professional bodies you belong

References: Provide only if requested. For now, saying ‘available upon request’ is appropriate.

Quick Tips: Be sure to proofread, checking for spelling or grammatical errors, formatting, consistency, neatness and flow. Avoid using templates and update your CV regularly. Also, remember to tailor your CV to the position for which you apply.

Stop this your lies,

If na rough play pls stop it

Show us the CV you used that got you a job in chevron, MTN, Erricson etc

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by theophilussheyi: 7:43am On Jun 28, 2017
God bless this fellow that posted this tips. guy lets at least appreciate him for the effort to in place to write those tips. All i know is that our time will not pass us by. God will bless everyone of us with the very best job. Our effort going to school will not be a waste. God bless Nigeria and God bless us all ..Amen

4 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by ednut1(m): 7:43am On Jun 28, 2017
nothing new..
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Lalas247(f): 7:43am On Jun 28, 2017
Good Cv, personality and connections ...
Sometimes even with good Cv no guarantee you will get the job
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Benjom(m): 7:43am On Jun 28, 2017
okonja:
Sorry, but if you have not contact @Benjom for your CV, you are sitting on a long thing cheesy cheesy

Thanks for the heads-up man. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 28, 2017
Yomit71:
tongue who CV help? come make i employ you without it
bro abeg employ me
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by free2ryhme: 7:44am On Jun 28, 2017
SamUtaji:

You can lie for africa

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by ehinmowo: 7:47am On Jun 28, 2017
I dnt knw wot 2 blv again. Too much cook spoils d soup...some will tell u dnt add objective if u a fresh graduate.
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by segun484: 7:49am On Jun 28, 2017
Plumber 08137196991,call or wattsapp

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Actuarydeji(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2017
Nice write up, but it can't get you a job in Nigeria. I got a job without my CV, the CEO only engaged me in an open interview. So all these CVs stuff is a trash. Go to the northern part of the country, in fact their CV is just like A for Apple. Yet they used to have the best job ever. You can Google search it

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Angelmatilda(f): 8:05am On Jun 28, 2017
Nice write up
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by mezebel(f): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2017
Op show us a sample
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by idris4eva(m): 8:23am On Jun 28, 2017
brightisodje:
yahoo take over kk go to school gain knowledge and enter the street believed me it pay big time because no knowledge is lost its a frut of knowledge if good and evil just choose yahoo is the best believed me
wehdone sir oga coman teach me

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by idris4eva(m): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2017
ehinmowo:
I dnt knw wot 2 blv again. Too much cook spoils d soup...some will tell u dnt add objective if u a fresh graduate.
too much sauce spoil the soup
Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Neldrizzy(m): 8:25am On Jun 28, 2017
Nigeria graduates are tired of writing and submitting CV

Copy and paste CV for that matter

Company should just invite everybody and give them aptitude test

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by ehinmowo: 8:32am On Jun 28, 2017
idris4eva:
too much sauce spoil the soup

thank u

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates by Alexbrain(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#

(1) (2) (Reply)

South-East Gets Lion‘s Share Of NEITI's Recruitment / Interview Invitation For A Job I Never Applied / Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.