Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos (11571 Views)

Inside A Military Secondary School (Photos) / Akeredolu Commissions Classroom With Modern Toilet For Public School (Photos) / Primary 4 Pupil Constructs 'Gun' In Borno. Recovered In School. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by fingard02k(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2017
Right now in Makurdi, Students of Benue State University (BSU) are protesting, over the prolonged closure of the school due to the strike by the ASUU chapter of the institution.

Recall that the lecturers in the state had embarked on indefinite strike over the non-payment of earned allowances, absence of a health insurance scheme, pension plan, appointment of principal officers in the university by the government and delay in the payment of staff salaries, payment of death benefits to its members, among other things.

Two months ago, Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom, appealed to the Benue State University (BSU) Lectures to call of strike so that they can negotiate.

SEE MORE PHOTOS OF THE STUDENTS PROTESTING here >.. http://www.enzyhub.com/students-of-benue-state-university-protest-prolong-closure-of-the-school-photos/

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by fingard02k(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2017

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2017
OK, Next time you wont sell your vote for a bag of APC customized Rice

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by benedictnsi(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2017
StephDamielola:

gringringrin or to a man with a wheelbarrow initiative for youth empowerment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 28, 2017
benedictnsi:

gringringrin or to a man with a wheelbarrow initiative for youth empowerment

Or an slowpoke whose First and Only Project was a Power transformer installation cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by benedictnsi(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2017
StephDamielola:

Or an slowpoke whose First and Only Project was a Power transformer installation cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

or to a weakling who is too inferior to provide security for his people against any attack from the hoodlums A. K. A Fulani herdsmen. gringringrin. what a sycophant

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2017
benedictnsi:

or to a weakling who is too inferior to provide security for his people against any attack from the hoodlums A. K. A Fulani herdsmen. gringringrin. what a sycophant

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That one Mata Tire me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Innobee99(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Benue and Kogi have been brothers since the time of NOAH...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Flexherbal(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
Our leaders do not care, because their children school abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
wink.
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by MARKone(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
They never collect their wheel Barrow

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by shawnfamous(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Jjj
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
The problem is that the govt does not have the extra N3 trillion promised ASUU in 2009 that would have funded education adequately....and prevented strikes like this from happening.

Benue State University too does not want to face reality and increase fees to at least N300000 to raise extra funds.

The problem with you Nigerians (sorry in advance) is that you are expecting to get $25000 education with just $200. In no part of the world is that done. Education, especially at the university level is expensive. That is why in 2013....the then government told ASUU to take N1 trillion instead of the N3 trillion. ASUU took the deal because Nigerians were tired.

And even then...the deal DID NOT INCLUDE STATE UNIVERSITIES. (Yes, you heard me right.).That is why the following year, LASU increased fees. People were shouting Fashola....when the cold reality was that cash was not available. (And that was when oil was sky high).

Now...we have a situation where the budget for education this year is less than 500bn naira. The N1 trillion has not been paid, govt is not helping matters by diversifying our economy, and raising taxes massively (in Denmark education is free....at the cost of half your salary in taxes yearly). And Nigerians don't like high taxes...or high fees.

So, the issue now is....either Benue state starts collecting half the income of all its residents in taxes....or RAISES FEES....to as much as N300000 yearly. Yes....it is hellish. But unless someone can dash Nigerian universites at least N5 trillion in the next few months....that is the only logical solution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Edopesin: 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Yhu guys shu continu

if not una go soon born pikin for house

2 Likes

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by shawnfamous(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
JjjHhhh
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Abalado(f): 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
thugs every where sha. ,,,nawa oo....dino see yur brodas

1 Like

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by whizzyleejr(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
It's better they settle it one-on-one or else they will end up like we LADOKITES angry

1 Like

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by NwaAmaikpe: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
shocked

What is the essence of their education if they can not protect Benue state from Fulani herdsmen?

Why are they eager to finish school when there is no job waiting for them?

They should enjoy their stay at home and eat free 'mama thank you'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by freemanbubble: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Oladelson(m): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
OKAY O CONTINU...
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by CoolFreeday(m): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
StephDamielola:

its not a party thing, the last man from PDP wasn't any better.
most of Our leaders are the same irrespective of political party except very few.

2 Likes

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
CoolFreeday:

its not a party thing, the last man from PDP wasn't any better.
most of Our leaders are the same irrespective of political party except very few.

I never said its a party thing Sir....

I only used APC because its the ruling party for now.
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by uyiekpenn(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
Seriously, Nigeria is getting worse by the day. I understand the plight of the students. Not every parent is financially buoyant enough to send a child abroad but for heaven's sake can't be FG subsidize the education system and inject more funds into public education in all levels? Won't that solve this problem of ASSU one and for all?
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by lilprinze: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2017
the British giving us independence was a very big mistake.
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
uyiekpenn:
Seriously, Nigeria is getting worse by the day. I understand the plight of the students. Not every parent is financially buoyant enough to send a child abroad but for heaven's sake can't be FG subsidize the education system and inject more funds into public education in all levels? Won't that solve this problem of ASSU one and for all?

Government IS subsidizing education, or you would have been paying fees as high as 800000 per annum.

As for money, the issue is that the money needed is huge....in trillions of naira in extra spending which in 2009 was put at 1.5 trillion over the next 2 years. Probably 2 trillion naira now. Our budget is 8 trillion for this year.
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by SplendidE(f): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
oh God I weep 4 my alma mater
I remember when I was still a student under the then PDP administration n we'll embark on countless strikes because the governor couldn't pay the staff.
its still d Same even with the change.
is there hope 4 Nigeria at all?

1 Like

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by SplendidE(f): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
oh God I weep 4 my alma mater.
I remember when I was still a student under the then PDP administration n we'll embark on countless strikes because the governor couldn't pay the staff.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
9jakohai:

Government IS subsidizing education, or you would have been paying fees as high as 800000 per annum.

As for money, the issue is that the money needed is huge....in trillions of naira in extra spending which in 2009 was put at 1.5 trillion over the next 2 years. Probably 2 trillion naira now. Our budget is 8 trillion for this year.

The govt. Is doing what they should do.
Unless they want university education to be for only the elites. (Who send their children abroad though)

University education should and must be made available to all Nigerians.
Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Ringme(m): 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
StephDamielola:

Even we that didn't receive customized rice to vote suffered the same menace in Bayelsa state. Try to be sensible sometimes pls.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
SplendidE:
oh God I weep 4 my alma mater.

I smell Glo network cheesy

Posting the same thing twice grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today / Confraternities In Nigeria (histogore) / Medicine Or Pharmacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.