Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps (13202 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 / President Buhari Has Failed Integrity Test. - PDP / The 2018 Budget Proposal Is Worse Than Nonsense- Jide Akintunde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Ehiscotch(m): 11:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
The House of Representatives said on Wednesday it would not allow the nation’s resources to be unfairly distributed to the detriment of any section of the country.

The lawmakers said the National Assembly was forced to tinker with the 2017 budget because the proposal presented by President Muhammadu Buhari for Ministry of Works, Power and Housing failed integrity test as it was skewed to favour a section of the country.

The House Spokesman, Abdulrazaq Namdas, said in a statement the time was ripe for Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, to know that it was the duty of the National Assembly to ensure fairness in the distribution of nation’s resources.

He said: “We need to remind Mr. Fashola that the National Assembly is a national institution made up of members from all geo-political zones, they represent all tendencies, interests and ethnic nationalities.

“It has a responsibility also to ensure balance in the distribution of road projects and other developmental facilities.

“It cannot watch our national patrimony unfairly skewed to one region or a few regions to the detriment of other states and geo-political zones.

“The proposal from Mr. President on the 2017 Budget of the Ministry of Works, Power and Housing did not pass this test.

“This partly informed the intervention of National Assembly so that every region can be carried along in project allocation.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/fasholas-budget-proposal-failed-integrity-test-reps/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Ehiscotch(m): 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2017
thenationonlineng.net/fasholas-budget-proposal-failed-integrity-test-reps/
CC Lalasticlala
CC MYND44

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Ehiscotch(m): 12:00am On Jun 29, 2017
I stopped believing the NASS when a Senator came on a media platform to say that "no constituency projects or drilling of boreholes were inserted in budget.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2017
NASS NGR Senate are the major problem of Nigeria. If they dont get a kick back on the deal, the developement rather wait till the next currupt guy show up

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by ettybaba(m): 12:13am On Jun 29, 2017
Which part of the country are you thieves helping by slashing the budgets for a power plant, Lagos/Ibadan, Abuja/Kogi and 2nd Niger bridge?
Which region are you helping by inserting "buying of grinding and sewing machines" in the budget of the Federal ministry of Works?
Shameless thieves.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by fyneguy: 12:19am On Jun 29, 2017
Can you imagine this rubbish?

Does it mean that since so much was voted for North East rehabilitation and settlement of displaced people, other regions should also be given same allocation in the name of fair distribution of national resources?

Does it mean that since the North seems to have benefited more from the CBN's Anchor Borrowers' Program as a result of their proactive participation, the NASS should cut further disbursement of the funds, in the name of fair distribution of national resources?

What sort of reasoning is this for goodness sake?!!!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by ettybaba(m): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2017
Ehiscotch:
I stopped believing the NASS when a Senator came on a media platform to say that "no constituency projects or drilling of boreholes were inserted in budget.
A brother of mine who is a Senior Legislative Assistant (SLA) to a national assembly member explained what the legislooters did to the budget of various ministries and I shook my head for Nigeria and Nigerians.
The legislators in both chambers are nothing but thieves. Evans is an angel compared to them.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by ettybaba(m): 12:25am On Jun 29, 2017
Sokoto Maiduguri highway or Lagos Ibadan highway which is more important to the economy of Nigeria? Which of the highways handle more traffic?
Do these thieves know the multiplier effect on the economy of having the 2nd Niger bridge completed?
This is one the reasons Nigeria has to be restructured.
How much tax is the Government generating from sokoto Maiduguri highway compared to Lagos Ibadan?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by deomelo: 12:58am On Jun 29, 2017
All of a sudden, the crooked, worthless and corrupt lawmakers don change their idiotic excuse for slashing the budgets from PPP concession to fair distribution and geo political zones. grin grin grin

So, which geo political zones are they talking about since all the projects cuts from SW to the North and SE? grin grin

I really on't blame these clowns, I blame Nigerians for putting up with their crookedness shenanigans and their supporters in SE because they hate Fashola when in fact they are part of the project denial and slaughter.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Chidexter(m): 1:12am On Jun 29, 2017
Just name one thing that is going smoothly in this country, even to sleep after all this headaches Na problem for some people.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by LoveMachine(m): 3:09am On Jun 29, 2017
This is turning into scooby doo. Which way NASS?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Qyubee(m): 5:13am On Jun 29, 2017
The legislators we know y'day havnt changed overnight! Bloody thieves!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by olujastro: 5:27am On Jun 29, 2017
It's one thing to display stupidity and it's another thing to be ashamed of your stupidity.
This House spokesman, Namdas is not ashamed at all to be categorised as a very foolish person. How can a human being proudly come out to display this level of foolishness!
So backyard boreholes and sewing machines are equitable ways of balancing all zones than fixing our most important highways that carry agricultural produce, humans and goods?

You see why I said Nigeria isn't ready for development yet because of our largely foolish legislators.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by koladebrainiac(m): 5:54am On Jun 29, 2017
So they believe they need to insert boreholes n drainage in the budget to favor north and slash 2nd Niger bridge and Lagos Ibadan express way that favor south n north central? They are desperate. Trying to play ethnic card on
Nigerians !! Small time they will say it does not favor Muslim .

This our set of leaders are selfish n should be done with

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by babdap: 6:18am On Jun 29, 2017
I am not surprise because I know nothing good can come from the House of thieves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by babniyen(m): 6:26am On Jun 29, 2017
Where are the SW, SE reps in the house. Is this also their thinking .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 29, 2017
Ehiscotch:
The House of Representatives said on Wednesday it
would not allow the nation’s resources to be unfairly
distributed to the detriment of any section of the
country.

The lawmakers said the National Assembly was
forced to tinker with the 2017 budget because the
proposal presented by President Muhammadu
Buhari for Ministry of Works, Power and Housing
failed integrity test as it was skewed to favour a
section of the country.

The House Spokesman, Abdulrazaq Namdas, said in
a statement the time was ripe for Minister of Works,
Power and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, to
know that it was the duty of the National Assembly
to ensure fairness in the distribution of nation’s
resources.

He said: “We need to remind Mr. Fashola that the
National Assembly is a national institution made up
of members from all geo-political zones, they
represent all tendencies, interests and ethnic
nationalities.

“It has a responsibility also to ensure balance in the
distribution of road projects and other
developmental facilities.

“It cannot watch our national patrimony unfairly
skewed to one region or a few regions to the
detriment of other states and geo-political zones.

“The proposal from Mr. President on the 2017
Budget of the Ministry of Works, Power and Housing
did not pass this test.

“This partly informed the intervention of National
Assembly so that every region can be carried along
in project allocation.”

Now it is. integrity test failure! These clown at the leg arm of Nigeria government will never seize to amaze me. A leg tinkering with budget. It is not only unconstitutional but also criminal.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by NwaAmaikpe: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2017
shocked

No comment.

This country is not a zoo
This country is worse than a zoo.

Nothing works, everything is a mistake.

#TeamFreeEvans
#TeamEvans
#TeamBiafra

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by jendhorlee(m): 10:12am On Jun 29, 2017
undecidedwhat are they saying now undecided
Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by emeka2847: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2017
I just wonder who would save us from thsee NASS guys. Who?

6 Likes

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by TheAngry1: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2017
I knew the National Assembly would start a senseless stream of self-defense instead of addressing the core issues the minister raised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by LastSurvivor11: 10:13am On Jun 29, 2017
Fashola case dey weak me cos I thought we was at least better than others but but but...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by sotall(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2017
ok
Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by tolexy007(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2017
grin
Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Echatbook: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by LastSurvivor11: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2017
ettybaba:
Sokoto Maiduguri highway or Lagos Ibadan highway which is more important to the economy of Nigeria?
This is one the reasons Nigeria has to be restructured.
How much tax is the Government generating from sokoto Maiduguri highway compared to Lagos Ibadan?

I think Sokoto _ maidugiri is far far more important cos it will aid in boko haram easy movement unlike Logos _ ibadan or Enugu _ Onitsha or Owerri _ Aba that might help in trade and investment..
Truly there was NEVER a country..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by Originality007: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2017
grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by hucienda: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2017
Fashola v N'Ass
Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2017
babniyen:
Where are the SW, SE reps in the house. Is this also their thinking .

In the HOR, the majority always carries the vote.

Guess who the majority are... your guess is as good as mine...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by axglide(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2017
In a previous thread that brought to light the verbal exchanges between fashola and the House as regards the Budget, i just kinda find it hard to believe fashola. His explanations were not too tenable, i definitely might be wrong but something is fishy.

We all know the House of Assembly is corrupt, in fact very very and what they did was unconstitutional i guess, but fashola never talk everything finish. I guess the Ministries are too gargantuan for him alone to handle.

The Nigerian populace needs boreholes and health facilities; it's paramount.

Edited...for those quoting me saying we don't need boreholes;

There is plenty essence for Boreholes oooo. I traveled between Abuja and Jos through the Kaduna shortcut and saw countless of Nomadic settlements and villages without clean and portable access water. The Boreholes will do a lot in these communities. I doubt if they have pure water there. Places like Nassarawa/Toto axis from Akwanga, very dry expansive lands without signs of development, i tell you they'll make do with not only boreholes but simple health facilities. And i tell you, there are thousands on communities like that scattered through out Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps by itsIYKE(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2017
Surprise Surprise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency, NASS Resolve Election Budget Impasse / Ekiti: Fayose Congratulates Fayemi On One-Year In Office / Nigeria Has No $875 Miilion Arms Deal With US – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.