Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi (38149 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 3:24am On Jun 29, 2017
Contrary to the widespread agitations for Nigeria to be restructured, Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, wednesday strongly opposed the agitation, insisting that the state was not yet economically viable to seek independence.

The governor also noted that he was neither in support of the agitation for Biafra nor the call for restructuring because the two proposals were not going to benefit the state as a people.

Umahi stated this at the Government House, Abakaliki, while responding to the presentation of a Consultant on Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), Dr. Mike Abani, during the state executive council meeting.

He maintained that the state was not yet ripe to clamour for restructuring or Biafra because the state totally depends on the federal allocation; investors are not coming into the state and the internally generated revenue (IGR) is paltry.

According to him, “When the issue of Biafra or restructuring is discussed, my heart jumps because Ebonyi State is not ripe for any. Ask yourself, what is it that we are producing? We totally depend on the federal government for allocation. Investors are not coming into the state and our IGR is nothing to write home about, because the idea of an investor is, supposing the allocation that comes from the centre stops, how do I get back my money”?

The governor however, admitted that the people were over taxed but regrettably, they are going into private pockets of individuals including members of his executive council.
But he promised that those involved since 2014 would be compelled to refund the funds in no time soon.
He expressed optimism that the new measures being put to work would end the problem of IGR leakages in the state and assist his administration in fighting corruption.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/29/we-dont-want-restructuring-says-umahi/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by kocvalour(m): 3:33am On Jun 29, 2017
thief. this man does not know what he wants

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 29, 2017
Igbo Jews won't like this

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Eastfield1: 3:39am On Jun 29, 2017
Sarrki
it's 3:24 a.m for fvck sake

25 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by jomoh: 3:43am On Jun 29, 2017
Unity begger

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 3:43am On Jun 29, 2017
kocvalour:
thief.
this man does not know what he wants

So you know what you want ?

Go for what you want

He says his own state is not game to it

Remember he's the Chief security officer of ebonyi state

28 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by jumobi1(m): 3:45am On Jun 29, 2017
Then his State needs to wake up or rejoin Enugu

181 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 3:48am On Jun 29, 2017
Eastfield1:
Sarrki

Baba you sef dey awake nah

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Blue3k(m): 3:48am On Jun 29, 2017
Lol this clear blow towards secessionist. Remember he's the head of SE governors forum. We need to get them off the feeding bottle system.

Front Page: Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Opharhe: 3:49am On Jun 29, 2017
Umahi i strongly disagree with you on this. Ebonyi state has a lot of potential for wealth creation. There's no state in Nigeria that cannot generate wealth. We're just being lazy mostly mentally.
Whether you like it or not, Nigeria must be restructured or disintegration will become inevitable.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by LionDeLeo: 3:49am On Jun 29, 2017
According to him, “When the issue of Biafra or restructuring is discussed, my heart jumps because Ebonyi State is not ripe for any. Ask yourself, what is it that we are producing? We totally depend on the federal government for allocation. Investors are not coming into the state and our IGR is nothing to write home about, because the idea of an investor is, supposing the allocation that comes from the centre stops, how do I get back my money”?

Coming from the chairman of Eastern Governors Forum.

I can't fit laff.

To think these are the people calling others parasites is quite amusing.

Una never see anything.

Abeg let's restructure jor, we are more interested in knowing who the actual parasites are, nonsense.

110 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Markfemi2: 3:50am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:
Contrary to the widespread agitations for Nigeria to be restructured, Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, wednesday strongly opposed the agitation, insisting that the state was not yet economically viable to seek independence.

The governor also noted that he was neither in support of the agitation for Biafra nor the call for restructuring because the two proposals were not going to benefit the state as a people.

Umahi stated this at the Government House, Abakaliki, while responding to the presentation of a Consultant on Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), Dr. Mike Abani, during the state executive council meeting.

He maintained that the state was not yet ripe to clamour for restructuring or Biafra because the state totally depends on the federal allocation; investors are not coming into the state and the internally generated revenue (IGR) is paltry.

The governor however, admitted that the people were over taxed but regrettably, they are going into private pockets of individuals including members of his executive council.
But he promised that those involved since 2014 would be compelled to refund the funds in no time soon.
He expressed optimism that the new measures being put to work would end the problem of IGR leakages in the state and assist his administration in fighting corruption.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/29/we-dont-want-restructuring-says-umahi/
Igbo Jews are betrayers

Like I said south east and north east will suffer the most

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 3:51am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol

Thanks for this

The governor is right then

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by wristbangle: 4:03am On Jun 29, 2017
Eastfield1:
Sarrki

Why are u awake at 3.24a.m for F sake? undecided

But I stand to be corrected, is restructuring not something of regional scope where each states in a region will harness it's resources to feed itself?

As for secession, I oppose it but judging from the frustration, anger and hunger in the country, one may have a rethink it's better to form a nation of its own. Still the masses especially the IPOB are naive to see that their frustration should be expressed to their corrupt leaders, same for arewa and oduduwa youths instead we are fighting each other while elites merry in wealth.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Blue3k(m): 4:06am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:

Thanks for this

The governor is right then

We can't let bias blind us from facts. His state isn't viable alot of people pretend that that these IGR figures are fudged. I got into a few arguements over the data. I still think the move towards restructuring is necessary for the good of nation. We can't have these useless states littered around that can't fund themselves.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 4:10am On Jun 29, 2017
wristbangle:

Why are u awake at 3.24a.m for F sake? undecided

But I stand to be corrected, is restructuring not something of regional scope where each states in a region will harness it's resources to feed themselves?

As for secession, I oppose it but judging from the frustration, anger and hunger in the country, one may have a rethink it's better to form a nation of its own. Still the masses especially the IPOB are naive to see their frustration should be expressed to their corrupt leaders same for arewa and oduduwa youths instead we are fighting each other while elites merry in wealth.

God bless you elder

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 4:11am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:

We can't let bias blind us from facts. His state isn't viable alot of people pretend that that these IGR figures are fudged I got into a few arguements over the data. Still think the move towards restructuring is necessary since for good nation can't have these useless states littered around.

Always like one thing about you

Facts and figures

Thanks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by mormonslayer: 4:17am On Jun 29, 2017
Who gives a rat's behind what these politicians have to say anyways, they are part of the problem we have in Igboland.Nnamdi Kanu is more popular than any of them and they shaking in their boots.

10 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Blizzy9ja: 4:21am On Jun 29, 2017
Eastfield1:
Sarrki
This issue will continue to give u sleepless night... Its either the country is restructured or it secede... Lazy ass governors like Umahi and his other northern counterpart should braze up for the coming wind

24 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 4:23am On Jun 29, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
This issue will continue to give u sleepless night... Its either the country is restructured or it secede... Lazy ass governors like Umahi and his other northern counterpart should braze up for the coming wind

You aren't sleeping too

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Blizzy9ja: 4:30am On Jun 29, 2017
sarrki:

You aren't sleeping too
I just woke up... Lemme remind you that you will need a visa very soon to visit the south south... I know you're scared

Hungry will ravage ur sahara desert... that's what your greedy northern politician has brought upon you.

Hahahahahahahaha

13 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 4:33am On Jun 29, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
I just woke up... Lemme remind you that you will need a visa very soon to visit the south south... I know you're scared

Hungry will ravage ur sahara desert... that's what your greedy northern politician has brought upon you.

Hahahahahahahaha

Rather I will generate more tax

You will pay all your tax to me in the Omoluabi region

Income tax and even walking, talking tax if their is anything like that

grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Xano(m): 4:50am On Jun 29, 2017
Interesting.

Honourable Governor, your state has a growing economy. Your IGR is steadily increasing. You have viable market, young population and good economic indicators.

With a % of your IGR, you can fund Small-Medium scale Enterprise in your state. Seek genuine technocrats to help draft programs which are sustainable for your state.

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 4:51am On Jun 29, 2017
Xano:
Interesting

Very very my brother
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 29, 2017
he is right.

Even Enugu state too will lose out because there us nothing being produced in Enugu here... coal is already obsolete and no good market or industries large enough to meet up with the state needs .

truth is that more than 30 Nigerian states will suffer.

Umahi is only being truthful and real...states like Ekiti;Osun;kwara will even be worse BC at least Ebonyi has Agriculture which the aforementioned states lacked.

Dont insult...just bring up a superior argument if u have one

modified**

for those quoting me wrongly..Nigeria looks uninterested in coal esp when there is abundant gas to generate electricity.Don't you guys also know that Ebonyi has the oldest and largest cement factory in west Africa including other mineral deposit yet IGR is low

take for instance Imo state iGR (2016) is 5billion
divide 5 billion by their population which is 3.9million and you will see that IGR doesn't reflect the true thing esp when considering the population there

9 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by freshest4live: 5:28am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

Even Enugu state too will lose out because there us nothing being produced in Enugu here... coal is already obsolete and no good market or industries large enough to meet up with the state needs .

Umahi is only being truthful and real...states like Ekiti;Osun;kwara will even be worse BC at least Ebonyi has Agriculture which the aforementioned states lacked.

If we are talking about regional government, the president of a region would manage it like a country, and the Governors would be subject to him. He would be free to seek funds from Abuja or from other international private bodies to develop the regions and can allocate to all 6 Governors in his region.
The taxing system in Nigeria has to be improved like in advanced countries, to finance the regional Governments. Also there should be an agreement on what each region contributes to federal Government, and to what extent it's used to support less dynamic states or regions.
I know my theory may not be perfect, but my arguement is that we can discuss these things to find a way around them.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:30am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

More of you in Nairaland

You argued and make more senses

I like you bro

Good one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:32am On Jun 29, 2017
freshest4live:

If we are talking about regional government, the president of a region would manage it like a country, and the Governors would be subject to him. He would be free to seek funds from Abuja or from other international private bodies to develop the regions and can allocate to all 6 Governors in his region.
The taxing system in Nigeria has to be improved like in advanced countries, to finance the regional Governments. Also there should be an agreement on what each region contributes to federal Government, and to what extent it's used to support less dynamic states or regions.
I know my theory may not be perfect, but my arguement is that we can discuss these things to find a way around them.

Bro ,

Are you talking about restructuring ?

Everyman will carry his cross ooo

The way its been practiced in the united states

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by raker300: 5:38am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol this clear blow towards secessionist. Remember he's the head of SE governors forum. We need to get them off the feeding bottle system.

Front Page: Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44
yes, parasites these igbos are.

Pls I implore you to vote for their exit come the referendum..let us do away with these Igbo parasites.

We're counting on your vote to kick these igbo parasites out of Nigeria...thanks

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by olujastro: 5:40am On Jun 29, 2017
Everyone is just talking Restructuring these days. No one is hitting the right notes. Too many public commentators who don't understand the Nigerian situation.
You have 36 governors, most of them are more interested in looting their treasury than in developing their states. You need evidence? The simple fact that a small but rich Bayelsa getting oil revenue can't pay its workers' salaries.
So according to the empty restructuring noisemakers, we "restructure the country" so that a Bayelsa can have all the oil money and increase its looting spree by 1000% while other less viable states (created to appease those who were seeking to become the new state power brokers at the time) will have nothing to even pay only its teachers for years to come, let alone build roads, schools and hospitals.
This is the restructuring I expect smart people to be talking about right now. Decentralisation of the resources as well as the responsibilities. FG takes home 52% of FAAC monies while states and LGAs get about 22% & 26% respectively. Adjust the sharing formula in favour of the states. This in turn will mean more responsibilities for them. Nothing like federal roads henceforth, all major projects in a state will be handled by the state government instead of waiting for Abuja to approve work on a road that is killing your people daily.
The bad side is, if you have a chief looter as your governor, $1tr a month will disappear into thin air the story remains the same.
The bottom line is, if your governor is doing nothing with little; he'll definitely do almost nothing with more money.
The public office holders are largely the problems, not the system.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by raker300: 5:40am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

man, be quiet. China is currently using coal to generate electricity and you're here flapping your lips

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:43am On Jun 29, 2017
raker300:
man, be quiet. China is currently using coal to generate electricity and you're here flapping your lips

Uncle raker ,

As you can see, we have been having constructive argument devoid of blabbing above

Please make your points without yearning Opata

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos Of Dignitaries At Wedding Of Gov Amosun's Daughter & Abike Dabiri's Son / Fayose Speaks On Adeyeye’s Defection To APC / Pictures From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.