Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

MMM, Olajumoke Jide Foundation, Others, Team Up For Women Skills Acquisition. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM, Olajumoke Jide Foundation, Others, Team Up For Women Skills Acquisition. (490 Views)

Online Skills Acquisition / Skills Acquisition Training / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM, Olajumoke Jide Foundation, Others, Team Up For Women Skills Acquisition. by funnynation(m): 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
A NON-govermental organization, Initiative for Self Esteem Empowerment and Evaluation (ISEE) Inc. in conjunction with Olajumoke Jide Foundation and Mavrodi Mondial Movement (MMM) recently teamed up to empower indigent women in Lagos with the sum of N500,000 with a view to alleviating poverty.

The three-day event which was held at Great Citizens Schools, Isashi Lagos, attracted so many people.
Speaking on the main reason for the project, the coordinator of ISEE, Mrs. Jide Ojo said: “Women and children account for two-thirds of the world’s population yet they are voiceless in the society and therefore vulnerable. They are often abused and intimidated.

“That is the reason behind the programme; to empower the woman and make her take her rightful place at home and in the society as ordained by God. Money will be given to the Best 20 participants to start businesses after the training. Our areas of focus are women and children especially teens.”

Among others, skills acquired included soaps making, making of disinfectants, insecticides and air freshener. Others are making of confectionaries, head ties and bead making etc.

Speaking, Amaka Benson, a representative of MMM said: “MMM Nigeria this year has stepped up activities in communities from the regular peer to peer donation /charity event to a monthly peer to peer donation and monthly charity events/empowerments in various states of the country.

“Today we are happy to sponsor the ‘Women Empowerment Skills’ organized by ISEE. Seeing the joy on the faces of these individuals as they acquire 14 skills in 3days makes us happy and fulfilled as a community that is set to reduce poverty to its barest minimum.”

For Mrs. Ayo Ogoru, a participant, she expressed her excitement thus: “I already have my own business and I will apply the skills I have acquired today to my business. What I have learnt here is invaluable and I want to thank MMM and ISEE for this opportunity.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/mmm-olajumoke-jide-foundation-others-team-women-skills-acquisition-workshop/

Re: MMM, Olajumoke Jide Foundation, Others, Team Up For Women Skills Acquisition. by funnynation(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
Lalasticlala mydn44
Re: MMM, Olajumoke Jide Foundation, Others, Team Up For Women Skills Acquisition. by okusbaba(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
M
Re: MMM, Olajumoke Jide Foundation, Others, Team Up For Women Skills Acquisition. by jaytime(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hmmm, MMM?
Re: MMM, Olajumoke Jide Foundation, Others, Team Up For Women Skills Acquisition. by maafen: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
jaytime:
Hmmm, MMM?
Yes MMM so what?
MMM is back and it is working better than Nigerian government

(1) (Reply)

New Business Opportunity 2017 By Mobilecare ICT (must Read) / How To Export Local Products From Nigeria And Make A Lot Of Profits / Electricity Distribution Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.